Forums > Newbie Forum > New photographer - Hello from Las Vegas!

Photographer

BPS Imagery

Parrish, Florida, US

Hello everyone, I thought I would say hi as I have been a long time lurker. I joined up a couple months ago, but this is my 1st real post.

I've been a hobbyist photographer for longer than I care to mention doing landscapes, motorsports, & aviation going back to the film days with a 35mm SLR.

I have never had the chance to work with a professional model as I didn't used to know anyone in the business personally and am originally from the mid-west. So I  am studying up and getting ready to purchase my 1st "real" DSLR very soon and will then dive in head first as they say. I will be doing my own retouching and am looking to learn some digital art as well.

Time, family, and money have prevented from doing much in the past (as can be seen from the photos on my page taken with a point & shoot digital camera or a digital video camera even!), but I hope to change that in a big way in the near future. 

Any tips or suggestions are openly welcomed, thanks!

Jun 23 13 01:25 pm Link

Jun 23 13 02:07 pm Link

Model

Nikki Magnusson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Welcome to MM !!..https://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/153/5f26ff42df6443939f1b7d7c4035c7dc/l.gif

Jun 23 13 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

BPS Imagery

Parrish, Florida, US

Thanks for the links, and hello!

Jun 23 13 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Welcome to the party, enjoy! https://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-party-smileys-770.gif

Jun 23 13 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Grin Without a Cat

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Welcome!  Always good to see another Vegas dweller.  Sounds like you and I are in rather similar situations.  We shall have to talk shop sometime.
Cheers!

Jun 23 13 05:24 pm Link

Retoucher

FKW

Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Welcome to MM
smile

Jun 23 13 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Kuttlefishfoto

Vancouver, Washington, US

Welcome to the brood!!!

Jun 24 13 06:11 am Link

Photographer

BPS Imagery

Parrish, Florida, US

Thank you everyone!

Jun 25 13 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Tempe, Arizona, US

Welcome to MM!

I wish you the Best of Success in all of your future endeavors out here!

Kindest regards,
Edward

Jul 03 13 09:50 pm Link