Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Yeah, sure, scream at me. That'll help.

Model

Mischief Vixen

Toledo, Ohio, US

I just sprained my ankle pretty bad. I fell and twisted it getting out of the pool. I hobbled into the house crying. My mom screams WHAT DID YOU DO?!

She is pissed off at me for hurting my ankle cause it's a bad time. We have a gig in a couple of days. I'm still going to do the gig, sprained ankle or no. So yeah, scream at me, that'll help.

So not only do I get to be in horrible pain, I get to feel guilty about it too.

Jun 27 13 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

Jeez, it's not like you meant to hurt yourself.  hmm

Sounds like she's responding to her own issues, not to you.  *hug*

Jun 27 13 01:42 pm Link

Model

Mischief Vixen

Toledo, Ohio, US

Lumatic wrote:
Jeez, it's not like you meant to hurt yourself.  hmm

Sounds like she's responding to her own issues, not to you.  *hug*

She can't stand to see people in pain. She gets angry. It's very unfair.

Jun 27 13 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

Mischief Vixen wrote:

She can't stand to see people in pain. She gets angry. It's very unfair.

Yeah, that's gotta be about some unresolved issues with her past.  Try not to take it personally.  Easier said than done, I know.

Jun 27 13 02:00 pm Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

sad I don't like it when people yell at my Angela.

Jun 27 13 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Eclectic Vision

Toledo, Ohio, US

Erin Holmes wrote:
sad I don't like it when people yell at my Angela.

Jun 27 13 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

That is what my mom has done my whole life-- for the past few years, though, I've screaming right back preemptively (yelling I'M OKAY, IT'S FINE, DON'T EFFING YELL AT ME), and this tends to nip it in the bud.

But I totally grew up getting ranted at every time I got injured/sick. And we had Peachcare (state health insurance for minor children, they pay for everything as long as you pay a monthly fee that is income-based), so it wasn't like we had no insurance, lol. She was just really bad and would say shit like "Oh my god, what did you do now?" right when I'd trip/fall/etc and then rant in the doctor's office later, lol. Only way I could get her to not yell was to cry. I don't think she was really mad, it was just how she dealt with it-- I think it scared her in the moment, or something, and sometimes scared people get angry. I was always getting hurt.

The plus side is I learned how fall and keep a straight face! I can literally fall down a flight of stairs and land on both feet, lol. Except that one time when I faceplanted the front door and my ankle folded outward and I ended up with severe tendonitis of the ankle... That time sucked.

Jun 27 13 08:30 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Becks wrote:
That is what my mom has done my whole life-- for the past few years, though, I've screaming right back preemptively (yelling I'M OKAY, IT'S FINE, DON'T EFFING YELL AT ME), and this tends to nip it in the bud.

But I totally grew up getting ranted at every time I got injured/sick. And we had Peachcare (state health insurance for minor children, they pay for everything as long as you pay a monthly fee that is income-based), so it wasn't like we had no insurance, lol. She was just really bad and would say shit like "Oh my god, what did you do now?" right when I'd trip/fall/etc and then rant in the doctor's office later, lol. Only way I could get her to not yell was to cry. I don't think she was really mad, it was just how she dealt with it-- I think it scared her in the moment, or something, and sometimes scared people get angry. I was always getting hurt.

The plus side is I learned how fall and keep a straight face! I can literally fall down a flight of stairs and land on both feet, lol. Except that one time when I faceplanted the front door and my ankle folded outward and I ended up with severe tendonitis of the ankle... That time sucked.

I chipped one of my bottom tooth falling into a door when I was 17. My mom and dad had gone out to Home Depot, and I stayed at home to nap, because it was Saturday. When they got back home, their arms were full, and my dad beat on the front door for me to come open it. I had been asleep and dreaming, and for some reason, woke up in this crazy state of panic. I ran at full speed through the hallway, still asleep, and instead of opening it for him, I just face-planted right into the glass.

Jun 28 13 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I chipped one of my bottom tooth falling into a door when I was 17. My mom and dad had gone out to Home Depot, and I stayed at home to nap, because it was Saturday. When they got back home, their arms were full, and my dad beat on the front door for me to come open it. I had been asleep and dreaming, and for some reason, woke up in this crazy state of panic. I ran at full speed through the hallway, still asleep, and instead of opening it for him, I just face-planted right into the glass.

OMFG i hate when I get woken from a deep sleep like that-- because I fake it really well and sound totally alert, I jerk awake and blurt "YES WHAT DO YOU NEED?" and then nearly kill myself trying to get out of bed and make it to my bedroom door, lol.

Jul 04 13 09:46 pm Link