Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > If you need some encouragement, come inside.....

Retoucher

PWF Retouch

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

Dark Shadows wrote:

The first thing I like about your profile is the 'no nonsense' and straight to the point style in which it's written. It's easy to understand, uncluttered, and doesn't have tons of images or 'gimmicks'. Thumbs up to you there.

Finally I have to say that in some of your samples you show great promise that will no doubt be realized in the future.

Thanks! smile

Jul 09 13 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
bunny

Let's see.

You model. You mentor new models. You dance. You sing. You're involved in theater. You're in music videos. You do photography. You retouch images.

That's all fine, but let's get really serious for a moment here; can you bake? I would really love some cookies, and if you can't bake, then I just don't know about you. (Taps foot impatiently)

Just kidding of course! You're like a one woman army of creative awesomeness.

smile

Jul 09 13 09:27 pm Link

Model

C A T H Y

Anaheim, California, US

yay! Have at it wink

Jul 09 13 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Sarah_ wrote:
Oh yes please! It has been a long day.

Hi Sarah (waves). Well let me tell you, if I was a girl who was considering getting into modeling and I looked at your page, I wouldn't just cry, I would probably set myself on fire.

I mean here you are, perfect face, perfect body, been published all over the world; and hey, if that's not enough, you also have a Master's degree *and* a Bachelor's degree. So of course you're smart too. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add that you have a beautiful smile with perfect teeth, and a lovely head of hair.

And by the way, all this at 22 years old. Sarah, you're my idol. If i get tired, will you take over this thread for a while? wink

Jul 09 13 09:54 pm Link

Model

Sarah_

Los Angeles, California, US

Dark Shadows wrote:

Hi Sarah (waves). Well let me tell you, if I was a girl who was considering getting into modeling and I looked at your page, I wouldn't just cry, I would probably set myself on fire.

I mean here you are, perfect face, perfect body, been published all over the world; and hey, if that's not enough, you also have a Master's degree *and* a Bachelor's degree. So of course you're smart too. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add that you have a beautiful smile with perfect teeth, and a lovely head of hair.

And by the way, all this at 22 years old. Sarah, you're my idol. If i get tired, will you take over this thread for a while? wink

Jul 09 13 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Yeah!

It's been a long day.

Jul 09 13 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Melodye Joy wrote:

I would appreciate some encouragement, thank you! It's not been an easy road lately, both personally and professionally.

xoxo

I definitely think you have a very nice portfolio; very creative actually, but look, when it comes to having 'bad days' or moments, I think we can all agree that it's pretty much unavoidable. Every human, and heck, probably even highly evolved alien species a thousand light years away, will suffer through disappointments, hardships, and general times when things are not going so great.

....but really in the grand scheme of things, not just 'in the moment', I think you are doing quite well, as your long list of published credits will attest to. I know many girls that would kill for even one tearsheet.

Jul 09 13 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Jhomel wrote:
Me pls. .would love to hear some

I think your current fitness level and muscle definition is impressive. I also want to say that for a new model especially, that avatar image is of a very high quality. Keep it up.

Jul 09 13 10:45 pm Link

Model

chasingKelly

Stanton, California, US

Count me in. I love things like these smile You never know whose life you can change with such little said!

Jul 09 13 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Colleen- wrote:
Yes, please. I feel I'm getting too old for this.

Not at all. Don't even give your chronological age a second thought. There are very few girls even 10 years younger that can match your figure (125lbs at 5'9").

I think we have to remind ourselves sometimes that those girls that we see on the covers of glossy fashion magazines are so rare that we can almost consider them aliens. I mean we are talking about something like .02 percent of the population.

When I look at you I see someone that is probably fitter and more desirable than something like 99% of the women on Earth. So put it into perspective. Would you be unhappy if you took an exam and 'only' scored a 99%?

By the way, I want to remind you that a few months ago (I think it was) you posted a travel notice to my area and I immediately contacted you in reference to a shoot. The reason I did that is because I feel that you have so much to offer as a model.

Jul 09 13 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Sarah_ wrote:
You are too, too kind.  smile  I love how this thread is bringing on the smiles. 

I'm actually about to head off to bed, but tomorrow I might have to take you up on your offer and thread-jack to spread some smiles myself. ^.^

Except of course no one in their right mind would consider it a 'hijacking'. Who would complain if the lovely and talented Sarah were to take over for a while? Even the crickets are silent. Please come right over and 'hijack' as much of my life as you want to.

Jul 09 13 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Jahanara wrote:
I could use some encouragement. Lately I've been questioning my chances with modeling and I'm starting to lose my focus.

I think you have a sweet smile, and expressive eyes. The truth is that there are many different genres of modeling. The trick is to find the right 'niche' for your look and body type; but that's another topic altogether, and one that I'm sure one of the many nice people here will be glad to fill you in on. Maybe if you ask one of the more experienced models really nicely you will be pleasantly surprised and maybe even make a new friend. smile

Jul 09 13 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

JK Photo Central wrote:
I'm in

From your portfolio I get the impression that you are really enjoying your model shoots, and your enthusiasm must be contagious. I read that model comment on your profile and have to say that you really made a great impression. I've never had a nice comment like that. wink

Jul 10 13 12:01 am Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

C A T H Y     wrote:
yay! Have at it wink

I actually remember when you were new here and I really have to say that you have made a remarkable improvement with your portfolio. It's a night and day difference. I say that as a tribute to all the hard work that you've surely put in over the years, which has obviously paid off.

Jul 10 13 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Camerosity wrote:
Yeah!

It's been a long day.

I like the clean and polished look of your photos. I think a lot of people don't understand that photography in a way is an art of 'exclusion'.

Let me explain what I mean; For example, if you are a painter, you will only paint the things that you want on your canvas. So the goal is to include exactly the right things that you will need to make your painting interesting and attention grabbing.

With photography it's just the opposite. You have a bunch of stuff in the frame by default and you have to work hard to remove the clutter and orchestrate the image in such a way that only what's important is shown (otherwise known as composition). That's why shooting 'clean' images that come right to the point' is an advanced skill and you do it well.

Jul 10 13 12:16 am Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

chasingKelly wrote:
Count me in. I love things like these smile You never know whose life you can change with such little said!

I think you have an expressive face, which sometimes looks a little bit melancholy in your photos, but it's in an endearing sort of way. I also like your lips and your perfect teeth. From reading your profile I get the impression that you have a really sweet and humble personality, which is a pretty rare thing and always welcome.

Jul 10 13 12:27 am Link

Model

Rhiannon Carreira

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

in desperate need of encouragement!

Jul 10 13 12:35 am Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Rhiannon Carreira wrote:
in desperate need of encouragement!

You have a really beautiful face, large expressive eyes (very nice shape also), lovely eyebrows, and amazing hair. I love the clean style of your portfolio images.

Your face is almost like a living blueprint of everything that western culture considers attractive in females. There are literally millions and millions of girls who would take one look at your gorgeous face and instantly feel jealous.

If you want to feel depressed, it should only be because you feel so bad for all the girls who wish they could look a little bit more like you.  wink

Jul 10 13 01:03 am Link

Model

Malina van Leuven

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

I might be happy today to hear something like that.
It is a bit discouraging when you did not get selected to Amsterdam Fashionweek sad as a catwalkmodel with 170 cm smile

Jul 10 13 03:51 am Link

Model

Christoff Smit

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

PLEASE, would really appreciate it :-)

Jul 10 13 04:21 am Link

Model

Luna Diosa

Elizabeth, New Jersey, US

Dark Shadows wrote:

Let's see.

You model. You mentor new models. You dance. You sing. You're involved in theater. You're in music videos. You do photography. You retouch images.

That's all fine, but let's get really serious for a moment here; can you bake? I would really love some cookies, and if you can't bake, then I just don't know about you. (Taps foot impatiently)

Just kidding of course! You're like a one woman army of creative awesomeness.

smile

Lol thanks actually I can bake and cook so there you go! borat

Jul 10 13 04:38 am Link

Photographer

Barely StL

You rang?

Jul 10 13 05:15 am Link

Model

Colleen-

Bloomington, Illinois, US

Dark Shadows wrote:

Not at all. Don't even give your chronological age a second thought. There are very few girls even 10 years younger that can match your figure (125lbs at 5'9").

I think we have to remind ourselves sometimes that those girls that we see on the covers of glossy fashion magazines are so rare that we can almost consider them aliens. I mean we are talking about something like .02 percent of the population.

When I look at you I see someone that is probably fitter and more desirable than something like 99% of the women on Earth. So put it into perspective. Would you be unhappy if you took an exam and 'only' scored a 99%?

By the way, I want to remind you that a few months ago (I think it was) you posted a travel notice to my area and I immediately contacted you in reference to a shoot. The reason I did that is because I feel that you have so much to offer as a model.

Thank you. That did help. smile Yes, it was last year that I was in your area. I do LOVE your work but ended up not having any time to shoot.

Jul 10 13 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Colleen- wrote:

Thank you. That did help. smile Yes, it was last year that I was in your area. I do LOVE your work but ended up not having any time to shoot.

Well, in that case, we should have met socially.  wink

Jul 10 13 12:55 pm Link

Model

Cecilia Or

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's always nice to hear encouragement. Thank you for your kindness. smile

Jul 10 13 04:37 pm Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

I can always use encouragement.

Jul 10 13 06:16 pm Link

Model

C A T H Y

Anaheim, California, US

Dark Shadows wrote:

I actually remember when you were new here and I really have to say that you have made a remarkable improvement with your portfolio. It's a night and day difference. I say that as a tribute to all the hard work that you've surely put in over the years, which has obviously paid off.

Aw thank you!!! big_smile

Jul 10 13 06:41 pm Link

Model

Avonelle

Toledo, Ohio, US

I could use a dose of positivity, for sure! smile

Jul 11 13 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Dark Shadows wrote:

I like the clean and polished look of your photos. I think a lot of people don't understand that photography in a way is an art of 'exclusion'.

Let me explain what I mean; For example, if you are a painter, you will only paint the things that you want on your canvas. So the goal is to include exactly the right things that you will need to make your painting interesting and attention grabbing.

With photography it's just the opposite. You have a bunch of stuff in the frame by default and you have to work hard to remove the clutter and orchestrate the image in such a way that only what's important is shown (otherwise known as composition). That's why shooting 'clean' images that come right to the point' is an advanced skill and you do it well.

Thanks!

Damn! You're good!

Jul 11 13 11:32 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Encouragement is a lot better than people here telling me I fail at life haha

Please shower me!

Jul 11 13 11:55 am Link

Model

Alexandra R Y

Amberg, Bavaria, Germany

Dark Shadows wrote:

Well, I'll be honest; what immediately jumps at me is that you have the type of figure that I think (nearly) every girl would envy. So like Elle Macpherson and Heidi  Klum, who also shared this nickname at certain points of their careers, I think your new nickname should be 'the body'.

I also think that you have a high quality portfolio, although I personally favor your nudes. Why cover something up that looks so nice? (Just my opinion).

If I was your advisor, I would tell you to start building a fanbase using social media and then monetize those fans by linking them back to a personal website where you sell them content, posters, as well as merchandise and services that you sponsor. You have what it takes to do it successfully (I know what I'm talking about here).

You're so awesome

Jul 11 13 12:46 pm Link

Model

Celine Sophia

Santa Barbara, California, US

Me?

Jul 12 13 01:21 am Link

Artist/Painter

MainePaintah

Saco, Maine, US

This lonely painter could use some encouragement.  smile

Jul 12 13 01:28 am Link

Model

Beth Chambers

London, England, United Kingdom

Me please smile

Jul 13 13 01:21 pm Link

Model

Shilo Von Porcelaine

Los Angeles, California, US

Me please!

Jul 15 13 07:35 pm Link

Model

Coris Playhouse

Oceanside, California, US

could always use some encouragement

Aug 27 13 09:14 pm Link

Model

Evynn Tyler

New York, New York, US

Definitely I could use some encouragement.

Thank you!

Aug 28 13 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Canvassy

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

I would love some smile  Thanks!

Sep 03 13 01:45 pm Link

Model

Faune Addams

Vancouver, Washington, US

Encouragement needed here.

Sep 03 13 02:58 pm Link