This thread was locked on 2009-07-16 01:50:01
Forums > Photography Talk > pleez, no more angel wings on girls

Model

3-Dimensional

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ricardo Flores wrote:
Hey Christine,

Interesting comments. Thanks.

When I look at a photograph of a model, especially a female model, super epecially a nude female model, I have to ask what does the model have to do with the surrounding environment. I have to say that when I see girls with wings pics, I am saying "those wings look fake! They look like they were purchased at the party costume shop, or constructed by art majors at the community college."

Usually, there is a pic of a girl just standing there with wings and it leaves me asking why is she there, what reason does she have for being there, and what are the wings trying to imply about the model. A good wing pic should answer these questions to the viewer. But alas, most often it's just another cheezy pic of a chick standing there with angel wings that are poorly constructed and the photo has no direction. Let's not even mention bad lighting and bad makeup jobs.

Good luck with your shoot. I would love to see the results.

+1

Jul 15 09 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Patrickth

Bellingham, Washington, US

Becca Synthetic wrote:
Please no more 'no more angel wings' threads! PLEASE!

For sure.  I want to see some feathered Boa theads.

https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090711/07/4a58a106724b7_m.jpg

Jul 15 09 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Paul Brecht

Colton, California, US

THIS THREAD IS 3 YEARS OLD !!!

Original post: Nov 11 06 05:53 pm

Peter Beretti (the OP) is no longer a member here ...

Chances are there are 100's of angel wing threads since...

Paul

Jul 15 09 10:40 am Link

Photographer

CHRISTINE LEBLANC

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

JD aka 3D wrote:

sounds nice.

also... I want to clarify something... is this only a rule for Angel Wings on GIRLS? - is it okay if *I* wear angel wings?  *lol* - I saw an AWESOME shot of a male angel chained to the ground... POWERFUL image.

what about butterfly wings, dragonfly wings, bat wings, dragon wings, can I superimpose feathers from an ALBATROSS onto my back...  is that overdone?

-3D

Jul 15 09 10:56 am Link

Photographer

CHRISTINE LEBLANC

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

JD aka 3D wrote:

sounds nice.

also... I want to clarify something... is this only a rule for Angel Wings on GIRLS? - is it okay if *I* wear angel wings?  *lol* - I saw an AWESOME shot of a male angel chained to the ground... POWERFUL image.

what about butterfly wings, dragonfly wings, bat wings, dragon wings, can I superimpose feathers from an ALBATROSS onto my back...  is that overdone?

-3D

I think Wings on a Male is a tough one...I think it would also have to be a Powerful image...I'd like to see the one you mentioned.  Thx for the note.

Jul 15 09 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Bryan Benoit wrote:
No more headshots.. they are so overdone... ;o)

smile

The only result of a thread like this is a lot of people post angel wing shots.

Jul 15 09 10:59 am Link

Model

3-Dimensional

Atlanta, Georgia, US

CHRISTINE LEBLANC wrote:

I think Wings on a Male is a tough one...I think it would also have to be a Powerful image...I'd like to see the one you mentioned.  Thx for the note.

gimmie a sec... my wife showed me... it really is a wicked image. - I gotta find it. I dont think I listed it.

-3D

-3D

Jul 15 09 11:02 am Link

Photographer

Billy Bui photography

Humble, Texas, US

loved wings.......................... moresssssssssssssssssssss, please

Jul 15 09 11:03 am Link

Photographer

FosterPhoto

Johnstown, Pennsylvania, US

giovanni gruttola wrote:
They bother you enough to post this thread in two forums... geeze

Ok... no more wings, motorcycles & bikinis, railroad tracks, girls with guns, girls with swords & girls with guns & swords.

last but not least...
girls with guns and swords wearing bikinis while riding down railroad tracks on a motorcycle. BTW... the bike is a Harley so there's the wings (thought I forgot about them eh)!!!

I'm sure I've left some out but these are the ones that come to mind from the endless threads of what people hate smile

Model has to wear a Gas Mask too

Jul 15 09 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Eastfist

Green Bay, Wisconsin, US

That reminds me: must add angel wing shot to my own portfolio.

Jul 15 09 11:06 am Link

Photographer

CHRISTINE LEBLANC

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Ricardo Flores wrote:
Hey Christine,

Interesting comments. Thanks.

When I look at a photograph of a model, especially a female model, super epecially a nude female model, I have to ask what does the model have to do with the surrounding environment. I have to say that when I see girls with wings pics, I am saying "those wings look fake! They look like they were purchased at the party costume shop, or constructed by art majors at the community college."

Usually, there is a pic of a girl just standing there with wings and it leaves me asking why is she there, what reason does she have for being there, and what are the wings trying to imply about the model. A good wing pic should answer these questions to the viewer. But alas, most often it's just another cheezy pic of a chick standing there with angel wings that are poorly constructed and the photo has no direction. Let's not even mention bad lighting and bad makeup jobs.

Good luck with your shoot. I would love to see the results.

Exactly....what is the reason for being there...do the surroundings fit the overall idea...basically if you prepare, plan and gather the necessary tools for that creation, it will turn out great.  That to me is what's lacking in those types of shoots...the planning and creativity is somehow lost along the way...that's why they most often turn out to be just a girl with fake wings on...know what I mean.

I will send you the notice when they are available...please let me know what you think.  I can take it!  LOL! 

Take Care
Christine

Jul 15 09 11:09 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

1 hour photo wrote:
its so tacky photographers, we all know girls love to be angels, victoria's secret. stop the madness

It's almost as cliche as starting a thread commanding others to stop shooting cliches.

Jul 15 09 11:13 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

CHRISTINE LEBLANC wrote:

Didn't they already try that with Keanu Reeves in Constantine? Not so hot.

Jul 15 09 11:15 am Link

Photographer

PBK Photography

Dallas, Texas, US

giovanni gruttola wrote:

Ok... no more wings, motorcycles & bikinis, railroad tracks, girls with guns, girls with swords & girls with guns & swords.

last but not least...
girls with guns and swords wearing bikinis while riding down railroad tracks on a motorcycle. BTW... the bike is a Harley so there's the wings (thought I forgot about them eh)!!!

I'm sure I've left some out but these are the ones that come to mind from the endless threads of what people hate smile

You forgot about gutiars, lingerie', heels, boots, handcuffs, caution tape, fairy wings, pearls, Marde Gras beads

Any others?

Jul 15 09 11:16 am Link

Model

3-Dimensional

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Im not sure they even depicted John Constatine (keanu reeves) with wings in the movie... even promo shots show a Shadow standing behind him having wings?

-3D

Jul 15 09 11:21 am Link

Model

3-Dimensional

Atlanta, Georgia, US

CHRISTINE LEBLANC wrote:

I found it. https://mayhem-photos.s3.amazonaws.com/070504/19/463bbf0d7b263.jpg

if a grounded Angel, with one of his wings severed isn't a powerful image... I dont know what is?

-3D

Jul 15 09 11:30 am Link

Model

3-Dimensional

Atlanta, Georgia, US

also... is this cliche?

wings.. technically... and its on a boy.

https://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090209/23/49912cfaa0e93.jpg

-3D

Jul 15 09 11:32 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

JD aka 3D wrote:

Im not sure they even depicted John Constatine (keanu reeves) with wings in the movie... even promo shots show a Shadow standing behind him having wings?

-3D

Oh great, now I'm going to spending all day on Google images smile

Jul 15 09 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Laurence Moan

Huntington Beach, California, US

It ain't over 'til Miley Cyrus says it's over! And she says it ain't over!

https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081028/00/49068e93ef344.jpg

Jul 15 09 11:36 am Link

Model

3-Dimensional

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
re
Oh great, now I'm going to spending all day on Google images smile

where do you think I found the promo shots with the winged shadow... - the only thing I've seen so far (still looking) - is where someone photoshopped black wings on Keanu Reeves.

I could be wrong... there might be a screencap somewhere?

I don't have the movie anymore or I would fast forward through it and tell you.

-3D

*edit.. also; Lycos, Yahoo Images, and Picsearch.

Jul 15 09 11:39 am Link

Model

Eden Boehler

Round Rock, Texas, US

Paul Morgan wrote:
My model wanted to pose in Angel wings as a gift to her Aunt who was ill.

If we start picking on Angel wings, where will it stop when someone gets tired of corsetts or hats or something else seen in a lot of photos.

GOOD POINT! And the truth is, some of the images look great, and some suck... But that's the same way with any theme/prop/angle...ect..ect...

Jul 15 09 11:41 am Link

Photographer

FosterPhoto

Johnstown, Pennsylvania, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Tilda Swinton was Gabrielle in Constantine.

Jul 15 09 12:21 pm Link

Model

3-Dimensional

Atlanta, Georgia, US

FosterPhoto wrote:

Tilda Swinton was Gabrielle in Constantine.

thank you.

-3D

Jul 15 09 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Pictures By Scott

Fort Worth, Texas, US

My model had Angel wings tattoo'd on her back, the photo turned out great.  Personally I like the Victoria's Secret angels, but putting the fake wings on, not for me or my style.

Jul 15 09 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Saxon Alvarez

San Antonio, Texas, US

giovanni gruttola wrote:

last but not least...

Ha! big_smile

Jul 15 09 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

Oh Gary photography

Humble, Texas, US

giovanni gruttola wrote:

last but not least...

Girls wrapped in yellow barricade tape---

Jul 15 09 07:35 pm Link