Forums > Model Colloquy > Book on body language

Model

Nicholas Record

West Jordan, Utah, US

I saw someone in the forum suggest to an upcoming model to read The Definitive Book of Body Language some time ago. I'm reading it right now. I find the first 2 chapters only slightly useful so far. The best info I've got is the muscles that make a real smile are uncontrollable which is why fake smiles look cheesy.

Has anybody else benefited from this book in the industry? Any other books to suggest after I'm done. I've got a library card!

Jul 15 13 10:00 pm Link

Model

Nicholas Record

West Jordan, Utah, US

???

Jul 16 13 10:17 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Nick record wrote:
???

I've found that enjoying art, (dance, painting, music and theater) is helpful for me but, thank you for the book recommendation. I've checked out some books for art and nude models but, only found them minimally helpful. Looking at sculptures is way more helpful for me when it comes to art posting and expression.

Jul 16 13 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I never knew that muscles that make a real smile are uncontrollable.  But then, I always try to get a natural smile from a model by being silly myself.  I love a great smile.

Jul 16 13 09:12 pm Link

Model

Nicholas Record

West Jordan, Utah, US

The muscles on the sides of your mouth are voluntary muscles but the muscles around your nose are not. You can always tell a fake from real smile by if the eyes have scrunched skin underneath. Still reading the book so I'll put more info that might be useful in this thread as I find it. Any other books to suggest to me that might improve my modeling?

Jul 16 13 10:03 pm Link