Forums > Events > FREE WORKSHOP-Basics-Studio Photography-9/22-SFBA

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

BOB ELVIN IS BACK WITH ANOTHER WORKSHOP THIS TIME ON STUDIO BASICS!

BOB WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO A VARIETY OF TECHNIQUES TO MAKE EFFECTIVE USE OF A STUDIO AND STUDIO LIGHTING.

FOR BEGINNER AND INTERMEDIATE PHOTOGRAPHERS OPEN TO PHOTOGRAPHERS OF ALL LEVELS ... WE WILL GIVE YOU HELP WITH YOUR CAMERA AND SETTINGS!

THIS EVENT IS FREE FOR EVERYONE!

Bob Elvin is a photographer, director and videographer. He has taught photography for many, many years at universities, through the city and here at Group Photo Shoots.

This is a special introductory class in Bob's studio series. In this class, Bob is going to teach you the basics of shooting in the studio. Bob will cover a variety of topics to help you work in a studio effectively and autonmously. There will be a live model for this shoot, dedicated to the class.

Please note that there are no pre-requesites to come to this class. Beginning photographers are welcome to attend. We will help you with all aspects of the shoot. Intermediate photographers will also find this valuable. We will spend a lot of time teaching things you will enjoy and find worthwhile.

This class will teach you:

How to select a proper set for your concept
Understanding constant lights versus strobes
Developing a lighting plan
Understanding triggering methods
Properly placing and metering lights
Visualizing your lighting design
The basics of grip gear
The differences between different stands
Selecting the right grip gear for the shot
Putting it all together.

CLICK HERE to read all about this event.

THE EVENT TAKES PLACE:

THURSDAY, AUGUST 22ND
7:00PM - 9:30pm

GPS STUDIO SERVICES
STUDIO A
1764 TIMOTHY DRIVE
SAN LEANDRO, CA  94577
510-969-0435

Refreshments will be served!

Aug 13 13 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

We've already got a good sized group, but there is still room for a few more if you want to join us!

Aug 14 13 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Positive Energy Photos

Mountain View, California, US

I didn't see a place to sign-up to attend.  I would like to attend.  Does one just show up?

Aug 16 13 10:32 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Positive Energy Photos wrote:
I didn't see a place to sign-up to attend.  I would like to attend.  Does one just show up?

You just signed up.  We are in the process of re-doing the registration feature on our site so that is down for a few days.  No worries, I now have you on the list.

I will see you on Thursday.

Aug 16 13 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

This workshop is now full!  If you haven't already registered, you will have to wait for the next time.

Aug 20 13 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

If you weren't there, you missed a great, free workshop.

Aug 26 13 09:31 pm Link