Forums > Model Colloquy > Nous Model Management

Model

Emmie Levieux

Sacramento, California, US

i just got contacted by Nous Model Management in LA through models.com, it was through the verified participating agency contacts or whatever so its not a question of whether or not its legit.  i looked through there website because i've never heard of them and it seemed like a good agency although the only faces that i personally recognized (as far as women go) were paris hilton and kimberly stewart. 

i just wanted to ask if anyone knew much about them or had any opinions or experience on whether or not they would be worth pursuing.

thanks!

Nov 13 06 10:23 am Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

their models are smoldering hot.

Nov 13 06 10:24 am Link

Model

NadiaV

Los Angeles, California, US

I was contacted by them once for commercial acting and I decided to go with someone else...I seriously regret that decision and wish I had gone with Nous instead...go for it, they are a good agency smile

Nov 13 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Any agency on the models.com approved list is worth being with.

Nov 13 06 11:33 am Link

Model

Tiara

Lawrenceville, Georgia, US

They are a great agency one of the best in LA if you are a member of MDC you can go to there forum and do a search on Nous several things pop up here is a link I did the search for you hope this helps.
http://forums.models.com/searchtopics.c … _word=Nous

http://forums.models.com/viewtopics.cfm?Forum=261

Nov 13 06 11:36 am Link

Model

JenC

Beverly Hills, California, US

The owner was actually on the Tyra Banks show the other day and the topic of the show was legit modeling agencies. They signed 2 of the America's Next Top Model girls (who didn't win but were really great). I think you should go for it!

Nov 13 06 02:24 pm Link

Model

JenC

Beverly Hills, California, US

*The owner of Nous Models* just to clarify in my top reply.

Nov 13 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Peeka Trone

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yeah, Nous was featured on one Tyra Banks Sh0w episodes...the owner was
very professional. Giv'em a try. Congrats.

Nov 13 06 02:27 pm Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

Good experiences in relationd with Nous. Their girls are stunning.

Nov 13 06 02:38 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Aimee Chabot wrote:
...although the only faces that i personally recognized (as far as women go) were paris hilton and kimberly stewart.

Well, honestly Paris is a celebrity and nothing of a model. And seeing her on any particular agency's board wouldn't make my decision for me at all.

You probably won't recognize 90% of the models on most agencies' boards. Not unless you've already been following a certain model's career.

Nous is good so go ahead and check them out. [Interview with them.]
Ask all your questions then and if you think it's a good fit and both parties agree on the terms then sign with them. Just don't have too high expectations as they can't guarantee you anything. But, don't be shy and do let them know what your limitations are if you have any.

Nov 13 06 02:41 pm Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

Crazy-Evil Angelus wrote:

Well, honestly Paris is a celebrity and nothing of a model. And seeing her on any particular agency's board wouldn't make my decision for me at all.

You probably won't recognize 90% of the models on most agencies' boards. Not unless you've already been following a certain model's career.

Nous is good so go ahead and check them out. [Interview with them.]
Ask all your questions then and if you think it's a good fit and both parties agree on the terms then sign with them. Just don't have too high expectations as they can't guarantee you anything. But, don't be shy and do let them know what your limitations are if you have any.

Paris walks the runway from time to time, for personal designer friends. That is about the estent of her legitament modeling resume.

Nov 13 06 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

According to the state of California Division of Labor, there is a legally operating and licensed talent agency with the name "Nous" in it.

TA 3492  NOUS MODEL MANAGEMENT, INC. DBA: NU TALENT AGENCY  117 N. ROBERTSON BLVD.  LOS ANGELES  CA  90048  01/28/2007

Nov 13 06 02:45 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Aussie Guevara wrote:
Paris walks the runway from time to time, for personal designer friends. That is about the estent of her legitament modeling resume.

Exactly!
A couple runway shows for fre4inds of the family or as a celebrity appearance does not a model make...

Alot of top agencies have "Celebrity" divisions. These divisions are NOT representative of models. This is an alternative board to gain an extra revenue foothole in the business. You'll find music artists, socialites, actors and the same to do things such as apperances, publicity and showcases. And these celebrities do commercial advertising campaigns. Like Catherine Zeta Jones for T-Mobile and Halley Berrry, Queen Latifah, Beyonce and Avril fo L-Oreal Cosmetics.

Example: Avril Livigne (5'0") signs with Ford Models LA.
In the fine print it was Ford Models Celebrity Faces Division.

Nov 13 06 03:41 pm Link

Model

Daisy V

Pasadena, California, US

I got contacted by Kenya Knight (nous models) once and she was interested and wanted to see some natural shots. She turned me down which was fine and dandy. But then 3 weeks later she contacted me again and wanted to see different ones, rejected again. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.

They seem legit. Give it a go. Good Luck.

Nov 13 06 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

They are definately a legit agency.

John

Nov 13 06 04:52 pm Link

Model

Tracy

Bethpage, New York, US

Go for it. I hear good thing about them. Good Luck!

Nov 13 06 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Sam-H

Paris, Arkansas, US

I've worked with Nous before. They're a legit agency.

Nov 13 06 11:02 pm Link

Model

Emmie Levieux

Sacramento, California, US

Thanks so much for everyones input, I'll be sure to keep you posted if anything comes of it!

Nov 14 06 06:15 am Link

Model

ang m

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ciao Aimee

Congrats!  I have a friend working at Nous and she loves it.

hugs

ang

Nov 14 06 06:27 am Link

Model

ahmed87

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

They are one of the best agencies at this time in LA, more on the commercial side.

Nov 14 06 11:47 am Link

Model

ahmed87

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

*double post*

Nov 14 06 11:47 am Link