Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

I've been really trying to perfect my retouching/photography lately but I'm having three issues I think.  One: red lips, two:textures in areas like the forhead, and 3: I think I make people too pale

Anyway here's the image, I'd love to know what I can improve on https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130823/11/5217ae0570621.jpg

Aug 23 13 11:52 am Link

Digital Artist

RixDigital

Crystal Lake, Illinois, US

Disclaimer; I'm very much a beginner, so will do my best here.

I think overall, it's good. Really like that you kept in the majority of the freckles. However, the freckle above her right eyebrow now seems distracting. Perhaps if a few more of the freckles were left in the forehead area, it would be less distracting.

Not too keen on the lightening of the highlights in her hair; seems too white. I'd like it better if more of the blonde hues were kept.

The right-hand whites of her right eye (left most whites as you look at the image) seem too bright. I like the brightening of the eye shadow. That by itself may may have given the appearance of whiter whites in the eyes?

There's a deep shadow under her lip; don't have a recommendation, but may be worth it to address somehow.

Aug 23 13 03:12 pm Link

Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

RixDigital wrote:
Disclaimer; I'm very much a beginner, so will do my best here.

I think overall, it's good. Really like that you kept in the majority of the freckles. However, the freckle above her right eyebrow now seems distracting. Perhaps if a few more of the freckles were left in the forehead area, it would be less distracting.

Not too keen on the lightening of the highlights in her hair; seems too white. I'd like it better if more of the blonde hues were kept.

The right-hand whites of her right eye (left most whites as you look at the image) seem too bright. I like the brightening of the eye shadow. That by itself may may have given the appearance of whiter whites in the eyes?

There's a deep shadow under her lip; don't have a recommendation, but may be worth it to address somehow.

Thanks for the feedback!  Also I don't really get what you're saying about the shadow under her lip.  It's a natural shadow from shooting with a hard light source (a beauty dish) so I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be there.  Is it just too dark or something?

Aug 29 13 02:49 pm Link

Retoucher

Whitney Minthorn

Pendleton, Oregon, US

Overall I think it looks very good.  I would try to bring back some of the natural highlights in the forehead area.

Sep 06 13 12:57 pm Link