Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Where do I find models to get nekkid for me...

Photographer

Lanya B

Boston, Massachusetts, US

In a small college in the middle of nowhere full of slut shaming hmm

Le sigh.

All I want to do for my semester project is get people naked. WHY IS THAT SO HARD.

Sep 09 13 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Lanya B wrote:

Le sigh.

All I want to do for my semester project is get people naked. WHY IS THAT SO HARD.

Does the small college not have an art department with life drawing classes? Talk to the art professors, and see if they know any life models. Chances are good that if you can find one, they know others...

Sep 09 13 07:48 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

If you're in the DC metro area, that shouldn't be a problem.  That being said, have you put up a casting call?

Sep 09 13 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
If you're in the DC metro area, that shouldn't be a problem.  That being said, have you put up a casting call?

She's in Maine.

Sep 09 13 10:26 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Jim Shibley wrote:

She's in Maine.

But it's easy to see where the confusion might come from:

Lanya B
Washington, District of Columbia, US

Sep 09 13 10:40 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jim Shibley wrote:

She's in Maine.

Should change the location then so that shows up in searches as the area where she is looking to shoot, that one small thing alone would turn people off from responding.

Sep 09 13 10:41 am Link

Photographer

MesmerEyes Photography

Galveston, Texas, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

Should change the location then so that shows up in searches as the area where she is looking to shoot, that one small thing alone would turn people off from responding.

This would definitely help. Also, as stated above, ask the art department if they have life drawing classes and ask to be put in touch with those models. Chances are they will at least know someone that would be willing to pose for you. Last resort, post on the boards in the "Student Center" that you are looking for an art model. Might lead somewhere. Good luck.

Sep 09 13 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Lanya B

Boston, Massachusetts, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

I do all of my shoots relating to MM in DC so I tend to keep it set on there. There are almost no MM models in the area where I go to school and I don't have a car so it would be an incredible hassle to try and set up shoots here anyways.

I do like the suggestion for asking the art department though. Thanks guys tongue
This was more of a rant than anything but I appreciate the suggestions.

Sep 09 13 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Wow. You are in the middle of nowhere. Still, i have to imagine that in any college town you can find women who are curious about posing nude, yiu just have to find the right venue to put out feelers. If the school has a paper, or a place to post flyers, give it a shot. Just watch the wording. It seems like you're in a college that is more conservative than normal.

Otherwise, is a day trip or weekend in Boston possible? I know several excellent models there.

Sep 09 13 02:43 pm Link

Artist/Painter

sdgillis

Portland, Oregon, US

flyers that don't offer pay won't work well, but do try the art dept boards, the student center, the dance theater etc area, .  Ask the people who are actually in your class and offer to pose for pose. Talk to the common streets art center people and see if they have any ideas.

15k people in that area is so small.... too many people know other people and jabber about it. good luck!

Sep 09 13 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Good luck, hopefully all goes well!

Sep 09 13 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Lanya B wrote:
I do all of my shoots relating to MM in DC so I tend to keep it set on there. There are almost no MM models in the area where I go to school and I don't have a car so it would be an incredible hassle to try and set up shoots here anyways.

I do like the suggestion for asking the art department though. Thanks guys tongue

Well, I'm not an expert, but I've heard that some models actually drive too, so someone up there could probably go and pick you up.

Don't write off your school area so quickly, I'm on the other side of the country and I've known 2 nude models from your area (both retired now, I think, sorry), but if I can find them, surely you can too.

I would not be so quick to write it off.

Sep 09 13 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I thought getting people naked in college was pretty easy? tongue

Sep 12 13 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Bureau Form Guild

Scranton, Pennsylvania, US

Well composed Craigslist ad.

Sep 12 13 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Karlsen

Gloversville, New York, US

I am now living in a small town in upstate NY, not much of an area for  nude modeling but they do seem to be everywhere.  Near you in Maine, MM list 10 models in Waterville 2 that do nudes.  Within 25 miles, 69 models 13 do nudes.  Many of the no's look like possible "yes" for the right inquiry.

From your page:  *Limited trade.
                        *I can not afford to pay you. I'm sorry.
                        *I do NOT give out unedited photos.

Not picking on you BUT, sounds like you want everything for nothing.  A little cash goes a long way!!  Student budgets are tight, so are everyone else's!!  Go out and earn some extra cash, put it aside and spend it on a model when you have something to offer, doesn't have to be a lot or a experienced model ( a total newbie would be fine).  Your looking for someone to pose nude for you, How about posing nude for another artist or photographer!! Not only will you have the opportunity to find the subject you want, the experience will let you understand what it is like to be on the other side of the camera!!

Put together a plan for the shoot and a good simple models release. A non commercial release!  People are much more likely to do  nude shoot for you if they understand it is an art project and re assured their image won't be spread around, an assurance in writing that the images will only be used for your hard copy portfolio will go a long way!  Build your personal reputation FIRST, then your rep as an artist.  Since I moved to a rural area, at least 90% of the models I have done nudes with were doing it for the first time and a lot of them it was the first time for any sort of modeling.  One recurring thing I hear from new models I work with that I'm very proud of goes something like this:  "I don't think I would have decided to give it  try except that (fill in the blank) told me how comfortable you made them feel the first time and how much they enjoyed the experience".  Even when paying a new model to pose, you need to make them feel comfortable and that the experience is about THEM as well as filling your needs.  Always make sure to show them TWICE he "RESPECT" you would hope to be shown you in the same situation!!

Always keep in mid, one GOOD reference will easily get you 10 models. One BAD reference, might easily cost you 100!!  Finding models in a small town is not easy, there are plenty to be found if you learn how to look.

Sorry if this sort of turned into my own rant, it is a subject that I have dealt with a lot and kind of pushes my buttons.  If you think I might be able to give you some more guidance or ideas from my experiences, feel free to PM me.  Would be glad to try to help.

Sep 15 13 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Lanya B wrote:

Le sigh.

Pay a Traveling Nude Model, not hard at all.

Sep 15 13 08:23 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Lanya B wrote:

You can have up to three locations listed on your profile.

Sep 15 13 05:20 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

...you rang?

big_smile

Sep 15 13 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

https://cepobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/walmart2.jpg

Sep 17 13 10:39 am Link

Model

Natalia Lynn

Safford, Arizona, US

ASYLUM - Photo wrote:

not if you're in utah big_smile

Sep 17 13 11:11 am Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Eurocat wrote:
...you rang?

big_smile

Natalia Lynn wrote:
not if you're in utah big_smile

*pouts*

*pouts again*

Sep 25 13 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Ben Hinman

Westwood, California, US

Lanya B wrote:

Because social customs paint women who enjoy sex as sluts, men who want women to enjoy sex as misogynist bastards and people who actually have sex as sexual deviants, even though theres really nothing to deviate from except virginity, which is also shamed. You can't win. And expressing sexuality on camera is a public, undoable thing, once its done its done and not many people have the guts to face the world and say fuck yes i'm naked, do something about it. We claim to live in a sexually liberated world but the truth is we're far from it. We're in a sexually regulated world with confusing, contradictory ideas about morality that oppress both men and women and serve no ones best interest. Welcome to the post multicultural world.

Sep 27 13 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Ben Hinman

Westwood, California, US

ASYLUM - Photo wrote:

Alcohol helps.

Sep 27 13 02:41 pm Link