Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > How to help someone in need?

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Jules NYC wrote:
You are a damn good friend Jay.

+1
Not everyone would have done what you did. If nothing else, you earned karma points today that should last you for a while.

Sep 14 13 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

Jay Farrell wrote:
I talked with the manager, and her at length....I got her caught up for the two units....she is paying for the third by end of month. She is consolidating to one 12x25 unit, and has between now and the 25th to pick through and get rid of things that are costing her space....and move the rest into this one unit. Now I don't feel like it's a band aid. If she refused to consolidate units, I'd not have helped her. I appreciate everyone's thoughts, I feel I made the right call....there were her daughter's photos and things in there, as well as paperwork. She works and now has the support of her BF and I think they'll be ok smile

Well that's just it - you assess the situation and then do what you feel you can do to help and what you feel is right. It's really nice of you to reach out and help someone. Maybe that was all she needed or maybe not. But at least you DID something, you tried, you reached out and offered her a hand. I hope it helps her out and she gets back on her feet and stable. Did you also offer to help her consolidate her stuff? If she has a lot or is a hoarder it may be impossible (or at least feel that way to her) to do it herself.

Kudos to you!

Sep 15 13 03:17 pm Link