Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > getting emails from scammers

Model

brandee lee

Oceanside, California, US

I received an email from "freelance modeling agent" for cafepress.com lol.I wanted to share this cause I think its funny people trying to scam me and to help out despite models so they don't end up being a horror story.I replied with ridiculous rates to see what they say.hahahaha heres the email bellow.his email is [email protected]

Hello and how are you doing today? My name is Fred Ford. I am a Freelance modeling agent working under CAFE PRESS [www.cafepress.com]. I came across your profile while surfing  the internet and found it quite interesting, We would like to do some work with you. We have a fashion outfit which will be coming up in your area between October 14th- 15th 2013. kindly get back to me for more details, if you are interested in this job because it is urgent. I look forward to reading from you so we could proceed with further details. Thanks

Fred

suspicious much?

Sep 22 13 09:34 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

i thought cafepress was an online store?

the scams are out there (even for photographers). be careful.

Sep 22 13 09:53 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Unfortunately, by replying to the email you've just made money for the scammers.  They're able to sell your email address on to other scammers for a higher price than they paid for it because it's now proved to be live and current.  Also, you will now get even more scam emails from the scammers who bought your email address.

Never reply to these things.

Sep 22 13 10:12 am Link