Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Today is my birthday and

Retoucher

Beth F PDX

Portland, Oregon, US

the day I get serious about my retouching. I need brutality, I need more developed eyes than mine, I need the truth and/or just honest thoughts from professional retouchers and photographers. Models and hobbyists welcome as well but I'm not necessarily looking for you.

What do you think/see? too much? cliche? What can I work on? I need to hear it or I'll never get better.

https://payload196.cargocollective.com/1/13/423560/6234712/_MG_00762_905.jpg

before and after

https://transit2.cargocollective.com/1/13/423560/6234712/B-AJESTENweb_905.jpg

All the best,

Beth Furumasu

Nov 06 13 02:04 am Link

Photographer

J Millman Photography

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

I prefered the original....what youve done looks like a 3d image (the type that you have to veiw through blue and green glasses) gone wrong.
Just my opinion, others may love it.

Oh, happy birthday though!

Nov 06 13 05:56 am Link

Retoucher

Beth F PDX

Portland, Oregon, US

Thank you! Remember remember the fifth of November. I didn't realize it was so late and I actually posted on the 6th. Whoopsie

Nov 06 13 12:35 pm Link

Retoucher

not here

Providence, Rhode Island, US

I like the retouch but not the 3d effect.

Dec 29 13 09:57 pm Link

Retoucher

The Invisible Touch

Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain

I like the effect, as it gives the image a different feel!! I think what you could improve in my opinion is the skin tone...

Dec 30 13 02:45 am Link

Retoucher

LarrySparks Photography

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

First decide on a direction before you proceed to retouching, right now its a bit tricky trying to understand your genre/direction. For me the Original Image looks perfect and just needs a little D&B and some Toning, remember, less is more and practice makes perfect ;-)

Jan 15 14 05:10 am Link