Forums > Photography Talk > How do most of you deliver your images today?

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

copy.com here

Nov 17 13 11:55 am Link

Photographer

imcFOTO

Bothell, Washington, US

I have a Zenfolio account where I load drafts and final edits. It's unlimited storage for around $120 a year and has everything I need for a web site, storage, file delivery, client shot selection, etc.

My models can download single images or the whole set - very easy to use - has password protected albums etc. too.

Nov 17 13 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

FJR Photography

Pekin, Indiana, US

JWC54321 wrote:
Dropbox.

+1

Nov 17 13 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

John Q Photo

New York, New York, US

Download from gallery on my website or occasionally cd/thumb drive.

Nov 17 13 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Ralph Easy

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Default option:

https://cdn.appstorm.net/windows.appstorm.net/files/2012/08/dropbox_logo_small.jpg

for very big files, swapping betweeen studios, coordination, etc:

https://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-08-27/28c.jpg

Nov 17 13 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

moving pictures

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Frank McDonough wrote:
I'm sure this question has been asked before but I didn't see it. Just thought I'd get some feedback on how most photographers deliver your images to your models. CD? Online? Thanks in advance

Dfstudio.com

Nov 17 13 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

14photog

Orange Park, Florida, US

That Italian Guy wrote:
Facebook,

My default is to simply upload the web-res pics to the FB message thread established before/after the shoot. I'd estimate that around 90% of models I've shot in the last couple of years haven't asked for anything else.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

i do the same thing , post the pictures to Facebook with a private album only visible to them , they leave a comment or like to the picture they want .

Nov 17 13 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamin Lambert

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, US

email or as an attachment on FB usually, if a print is needed then myphotopipe will drop ship for me.

Nov 17 13 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

M Barnes Photography

Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand

Email.

Nov 17 13 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Email.

I used to follow that up with a CD of the selected images, complete with a nice custom-printed label with the model's face and shoot info, but that was more of a nicety. The models all cared more about quick delivery of images.

Nov 17 13 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Maxximages

Los Angeles, California, US

Zenfolio

Nov 17 13 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Dan D Lyons Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Andrew Thomas Evans wrote:
I have to charge for a DVD and add that as a extra line in my billing, so mostly I don't mess around with anything tangible, I just email clients a link to a zip file and website with the finished images.

Andrew Thomas Evans
www.andrewthomasevans.com

+1

Same here. My site is actually a masked Zenny site, so password-protected proofing albums for clients and delivery-albums are a cinch. Hell, some of the images on my site from my Music/Performance Photography can be bought printed on a mousepad with a gel-pack! I hate burning & mailing DVD's hmm

IMHO alone;

Ðanny
DBIphotography Toronto (Blog On Site) 
DBImagery Toronto (Website)

“Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.”
~Oscar Wilde

Nov 18 13 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Randall D

Helena, Alabama, US

D Katz Photography wrote:
Why is no one using Flickr to upload and share securely?  1 TB free with lots of security and high resolution.  I'm interested in the pros and cons.

Because their CEO said "there's no such thing as professional photographers anymore" and they have the right to use your images anyway they see fit when you upload them (read the terms of service).

Nov 18 13 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Stunnaful Photos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Frank McDonough wrote:
I'm sure this question has been asked before but I didn't see it. Just thought I'd get some feedback on how most photographers deliver your images to your models. CD? Online? Thanks in advance

Using Transfer Big Files website and or application on my Mac. Best transfer method in my opinion. smile

Craig

Nov 18 13 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

depends on the need.
Drop box on Saturday, dropping of 2 separate dvd's today. Email last week. Whatever the need.

Nov 18 13 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Cleft stick runner.

https://imgc.artprintimages.com/images/art-print/a-zulu-courier-running-carrying-a-message-in-a-cleft-stick_i-G-45-4513-QY9BG00Z.jpg

Nov 18 13 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

I just use facebook.  But, I only shoot for fun, and facebook is the final destination of most pictures I take.

If not facebook, I have a web server in my house they can download from.

Nov 18 13 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Ezhini

Wichita, Kansas, US

1. I send a link to a zip file on my webserver. The client simply clicks and downloads.

2. For Local clients, I burn CDs/DVDs of files and deliver to the client. I enjoy and value face-time. I usually make several sets of images (in various formats) that they can use readily. e.g.: if I have worked with the client  or clients web developer, for all web application images, I deliver a set that is sized and optimized ready to use on the web.

3. I also use SmugMug for some work (for paying when downloading)

I tend NOT to use any public services like FB, DropBox etc.

Nov 18 13 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

GPS Studio Services wrote:
I always use electronic delivery but for a different reason.  In California, if you provide physical media (DVD, CD, etc) then sales tax comes into play.  If there is no physical media involved, then there is no sales tax.

That's why I do it, and have to charge extra as sales tax would only apply to the single part. It's also the reason I don't do print sales, too much hassle for the type of products I deliver.

Andrew Thomas Evans
www.andrewthomasevans.com

Nov 18 13 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

GlamourPhotoChicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

Dropbox and DVD

Nov 18 13 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

FabulousFotos

Longmont, Colorado, US

Full-sized JPEGs (up to 20 megs each) of every acceptable image on DVDs. Full-sized custom images downloadable from my SmugMug site. MM-sized custom images via email.

Sometimes (twice in 2013) a model requests the RAW images. After verifying that they know what to do with .NEF files, I provide them on memory sticks. Most recently, I gave a model more than 800 NEFs (62 GB) on two 32 GB memory sticks. (I shoot uncompressed RAW images using a Nikon D800, so each one is about 75 megs.)

Nov 18 13 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

David Hirsh

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I upload them to my server and send them the links. That way, I bypass possible email attachment file limits, compression from various sources (dropbox or anything else, you never know), etc.

They end up with the exact same images with the same kb count, no changes, and my sever download speed is fast.

Nov 18 13 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Al Lock Photography

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

Dropbox

Nov 18 13 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

FotoMark

Oxnard, California, US

Frank McDonough wrote:

Nov 18 13 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

JAE

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

Zenfolio or email.

Nov 18 13 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

KMP

Houston, Texas, US

Normally I use to just give a jump drive or disk. Now I normally email or for clients setup a Dropbox folder.

Nov 18 13 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

mophotoart

Wichita, Kansas, US

depends on shoot.....weddings and portrait shoots get one on one sit down to proof pictures, specify crops and changes, then DVD with all edited images and release for them to print from the dvd...do not do prints anymore, email for other collaborations, dvd for final...

Nov 18 13 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

FEN RIR Photo

Westminster, Colorado, US

As lame as it sounds, I've been making a temporary Flickr set they can download the full resolution files from.  I tell them they have a week to get them off. 

Now that everyone gets a free TB of space, I figured what the hell!

Nov 19 13 07:56 am Link

Photographer

BEPhotography

Warrington, England, United Kingdom

I send a few of the best edited/composed via email and then send them the disk. People are eager to see even a few images as soon as possible.

Nov 19 13 08:00 am Link

Retoucher

LightFeatherRetouch

Bratislava, Bratislavský, Slovakia

As a photographer I only give edited images. And since my work is based on heavy post work, I give very limited numbers...

So email works fine for me, but this depends on how you work, how many you deliver, what format and size you give. Personally I don't find CDs to be practical. Online is easier. There are services for that such as DropBox if you intend to transfer bigger amounts.

Nov 19 13 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Pose Perfect

San Antonio, Texas, US

JWC54321 wrote:
Dropbox.

+1. Love my Dropbox account.

I see lots of people using flash drives, but flash isn't designed as a long-term storage medium. I would rather have a client put the photos on media of their choice, rather than give the impression that I think flash drives are suitable for that purpose.

Nov 19 13 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

mphunt

Hudson, Florida, US

Using Dropbox more and more............

Nov 20 13 02:50 am Link

Photographer

D-Light

Newcastle, Limerick, Ireland

I post them in a password protected folder on my website and send them the link and password. The files are low resolution and downloadable. They usually collect the prints or photo-books from my office. On very rare occasions I will send prints or books by post but I charge extra for that and very few take up the option.

Nov 20 13 06:42 am Link

Photographer

J-PhotoArt

San Francisco, California, US

I send a few, typically 5, of the first edited images at a medium resolution via e-mail within 24 hours of the shoot.  I then send a DVD of all the full size high resolution edited images that we have agreed upon via the mail within 7 days of the shoot date.

Nov 20 13 09:18 am Link

Retoucher

Steven Burnette Retouch

Mount Vernon, New York, US

For me it depends on the client, project and final file sizes. For example if a client sends me a 600K jpeg image to retouch, then I will return the final retouch by email.

If the client sends me multiple jpeg files 4MB+ each or RAW files to retouch, then I setup an individual dropbox share folder for that client. Also if it is a repeat client, I will usually setup an individual dropbox share folder for that client.

Nov 20 13 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

rachael-emily

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

I use WeTransfer usually for clients.  Sometimes email.

Nov 21 13 04:14 am Link