Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > OK..Y'all remember that I'm a musician first..

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

This is kinda OOOOOOOOOOOOLD...
But its new to y'all because its the only things I currently have on youtube

This is from my Eye of the Storm project back in 1996,that just got re issued on F&A records this past year....
Mind you,I did this on a budget of $2000 which means all solo's were 1 take if possible,so there are glitches,and the quality is kinda not up to what I consider standards,but its listenable,and to be honest,I love this CD to this day as I will put it in and jam to it
BTW,I did all guitars,bass,keys,and programing
This was a demo that never made it to the original pressing,but was remastered and is now on the new version of the disk(one of my favorite solos as its quite atmospheric and melodic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ETYOMyHzw

And an ambient atmospheric ballad about.....well........the girl that passed away that I'd probably be married to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peKQ6HumeE

This was a song that was supposed to have vocals,but due to funds running out I decided to keep it an instrumental
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUYqOqPiis

enjoy,I hope to share more of my music here

Dec 14 13 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Cool! The first one is Uriah Heep-ish.

Dec 14 13 03:05 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Cools Chris:)

Dec 14 13 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Nice work.  Especially liked that last track

Dec 14 13 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
Cool! The first one is Uriah Heep-ish.

Interesting....considering I couldn't tell you one Uriah Heep song unless someone told me

Thanks smile

Dec 15 13 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Thanks for sharing those Chris. There's some nice guitar shredding on that third track. Very cool.

Dec 16 13 04:13 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

thanks bro..and thanks for allowing me and other musicians to share our work....
its funny because many people compared me to the guy I took lessons from in the late 80's that is now the standard bearer for sick guitar,John Petrucci of Dream Theater..

Funny that I can listen to those tracks and through the production warts still enjoy them...

Dec 16 13 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Anabel DFlux

Awesome!

Dec 16 13 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

I heard a little Geoff Tate in there. Cool. Your description brought back memories. I used to record in our home studio, 8 track, midi setup with Atari/Cubase LOL, and a S550, D50 keyboard, and some other things I can't remember. Then I tried Reason and Protools, but didn't have any time so that never took off and I never learned it.

Don't stop writing and recording! smile

Dec 17 13 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

CHAD ALAN wrote:
I heard a little Geoff Tate in there. Cool. Your description brought back memories. I used to record in our home studio, 8 track, midi setup with Atari/Cubase LOL, and a S550, D50 keyboard, and some other things I can't remember. Then I tried Reason and Protools, but didn't have any time so that never took off and I never learned it.

Don't stop writing and recording! smile

Than ks bro...that is is his natural voice,definitely adds a traditional touch to my music

Going to start writing again real soon

Dec 20 13 02:27 pm Link