Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

weeee i like this forum!

This is a bit late, but i'm still proud, as this was basically my only major accomplishment of 2013.  For years I had been fantasizing about performing in a solo [dance] and this past November I got my chance. 

I had taken regular pole dance before, and after a hiatus, started taking swinging Chinese pole this past spring (swinging Chinese pole is a metal pole covered in rubber, and attached at the top and therefore "swings."  Unlike regular pole, it is advisable to wear jeans and sleeves.)  I got the opportunity to choreograph and perform in my dance studio's student showcase.

There is a small clip of my performance about 7:05 minutes in.  Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxeTDBTktY

Dec 22 13 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Los Angeles, California, US

LizzyB wrote:
weeee i like this forum!

This is a bit late, but i'm still proud, as this was basically my only major accomplishment of 2013.  For years I had been fantasizing about performing in a solo [dance] and this past November I got my chance. 

I had taken regular pole dance before, and after a hiatus, started taking swinging Chinese pole this past spring (swinging Chinese pole is a metal pole covered in rubber, and attached at the top and therefore "swings."  Unlike regular pole, it is advisable to wear jeans and sleeves.)  I got the opportunity to choreograph and perform in my dance studio's student showcase.

Were you wearing the blue top and black pants? I've never heard of that type of pole before. How do you get the dollar bills to stay in?

Just kidding. Looks neat and pretty dizzying to me. Do you have the full clip anywhere? smile

Dec 23 13 12:57 am Link

Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

CHAD ALAN wrote:
Were you wearing the blue top and black pants? I've never heard of that type of pole before. How do you get the dollar bills to stay in?

Just kidding. Looks neat and pretty dizzying to me. Do you have the full clip anywhere? smile

lol yup that is i!
noooo, quite different than stripping, i assure you tongue

it can get rather dizzying, i actually take anti-dizzy pills prior to class.
no full video yet, i hope there will be one sometime though.

Dec 23 13 10:44 am Link

Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

maaaaaybe i would've gotten more attention if i had titled this as "pole dancing," instead? tongue

Dec 27 13 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Brian K PHOTO

Summerville, South Carolina, US

Wow!  That's Awesome!

Dec 28 13 11:26 am Link

Model

allison mindy

Gainesville, Florida, US

Sweet that looks like SOOOO much fun!!

Dec 28 13 11:31 am Link

Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

thanks!  it *looks* like a lot of fun, and sometimes it is, but like most "work out" things, it's really just a lot of work tongue  except for the odd times i run and jump on it, lol

Dec 30 13 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Los Angeles, California, US

LizzyB wrote:
maaaaaybe i would've gotten more attention if i had titled this as "pole dancing," instead? tongue

LOL yes. You're getting the 'hang' of it smile

Dec 30 13 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

KeithD3

Saint Joseph, Missouri, US

Congratulations!  That must take huge amount of practice and be an excellent workout.
  I can see why you take the motion sickness meds before practice.  I would be completely ill after 10 seconds on that thing!

Jan 02 14 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Amazing! I admire your confidence and your ability.

Jan 02 14 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

LizzyB wrote:
weeee i like this forum!

Cheers!

Curious... are you a yogi?

Jan 02 14 08:15 pm Link

Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

Cuica Cafezinho wrote:

Cheers!

Curious... are you a yogi?

yogi?  like as yoga?  nooo.  idk if i've ever done yoga lol.  though it would prolly help my flexibility a ton

Jan 02 14 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

LizzyB wrote:

yogi?  like as yoga?  nooo.  idk if i've ever done yoga lol.  though it would prolly help my flexibility a ton

As in one that practices yoga. You are amazing. Thought for sure you were a yogi. So impressed!

Jan 02 14 08:45 pm Link

Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

Cuica Cafezinho wrote:

As in one that practices yoga. You are amazing. Thought for sure you were a yogi. So impressed!

omg aww thanks!  but anyone who thinks i'm good, should see the others in my class (actually they're in the video as well) in addition to the "regular" pole performers.

Jan 02 14 08:58 pm Link