Model

Porsche Patrice

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm only 5'3... but my determination and drive, along with my 6'0ft catwalk, landed me on a runway for the Magic Show !!!

Jan 05 14 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Hey that's great Porsche.

What is a "6'0ft catwalk"?
Does that just mean that though you're 5'3" you walk like you're 6 feet?

Can you tell us how you landed this gig, and maybe give more info on this Magic Show?

Also, I should let you know that it's against the rules to SHOUT in thread titles. smile

Jan 06 14 05:52 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:
Can you tell us how you landed this gig, and maybe give more info on this Magic Show?

MAGIC is a HUGE fashion convention held twice a year here in Las Vegas.  It started off as a trade show for the Mens Apparel Garment Industry Convention, although if memory serves me right, the C originally meant "California" because at the time it first happened it was a convention solely for that specific market.

http://www.magiconline.com/
It's now evolved into one of the biggest conventions held in Las Vegas and features clothing for all types of demographics.  It probably rivals the 'fashion weeks' held at other major cities as far as attendance and importance to the industry. It's NOT just a mens garment show anymore. 

I've written forum posts about the phoenomena several times before... about smaller  sized  models getting legitimate gigs, and cited this convention as an example.

Y'see, even though there are quite a few modeling agencies here in Las Vegas, each of the larger ones having a few hundred models on their roster, it's the same models working for each of those agencies... so when a large show comes to town there's a shortage of qualified models and the companies will fly models in from all over the USA.

Congrats on the cool gig, Porsche.  You'll have lots of fun!

Jan 06 14 10:21 am Link

Model

Porsche Patrice

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:
Hey that's great Porsche.

What is a "6'0ft catwalk"?
Does that just mean that though you're 5'3" you walk like you're 6 feet?

Also, I should let you know that it's against the rules to SHOUT in thread titles. smile

Yeah, I'm 5'3 and I walk like I'm 6'0ft tall. I said that because short girl never get a chance to walk the runway, were limited in the fashion world.

Jan 06 14 02:55 pm Link

Model

Porsche Patrice

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

MAGIC is a HUGE fashion convention held twice a year here in Las Vegas.  It started off as a trade show for the Mens Apparel Garment Industry Convention, although if memory serves me right, the C originally meant "California" because at the time it first happened it was a convention solely for that specific market.

http://www.magiconline.com/
It's now evolved into one of the biggest conventions held in Las Vegas and features clothing for all types of demographics.  It probably rivals the 'fashion weeks' held at other major cities as far as attendance and importance to the industry. It's NOT just a mens garment show anymore. 

I've written forum posts about the phoenomena several times before... about smaller  sized  models getting legitimate gigs, and cited this convention as an example.

Y'see, even though there are quite a few modeling agencies here in Las Vegas, each of the larger ones having a few hundred models on their roster, it's the same models working for each of those agencies... so when a large show comes to town there's a shortage of qualified models and the companies will fly models in from all over the USA.

Congrats on the cool gig, Porsche.  You'll have lots of fun!

Exactly, what you said. And, Thank you so much !

Jan 06 14 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

congrats, way to walk tall big_smile

Jan 08 14 03:41 pm Link