Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

nyk fury wrote:
keep trying. write her. she's just really slow to respond.

I'm not one who chases after people, and slow replies are quite a turn-off for me.

For some models (okay, maybe many models) they do get slammed with a lot of messages so it is really tough to juggle all of them (especially for someone who works another job, for example), but the one you mentioned for example, *crickets*, not even a response to a friend request.

I'm sure I'll find others willing to make the trip up there, but I agree that the one you mentioned from here, it would make sense to carpool or whatever, but whatever. smile

Jan 20 14 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Port Townsend, Washington, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
I'm not one who chases after people, and slow replies are quite a turn-off for me.

For some models (okay, maybe many models) they do get slammed with a lot of messages so it is really tough to juggle all of them (especially for someone who works another job, for example), but the one you mentioned for example, *crickets*, not even a response to a friend request.

I'm sure I'll find others willing to make the trip up there, but I agree that the one you mentioned from here, it would make sense to carpool or whatever, but whatever. smile

i've got her number and all that, the thing is i am really on the fence right now with this stuff. i understand about chasing. i've tried that a few times. scares the shit out of 'em when they see me coming tongue

Jan 22 14 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

nyk fury wrote:
i've got her number and all that, the thing is i am really on the fence right now with this stuff. i understand about chasing. i've tried that a few times. scares the shit out of 'em when they see me coming tongue

I'd give her a lift up from Portland, but I already have some others interested in going with me to shoot there.

I do understand and agree, it gets frustrating as hell.

Fortunately, there are some wonderful people (and great results) that make it totally worthwhile.

Jan 22 14 08:53 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

P I X I E wrote:
As I told you before, those are amazing.

Really would love to shoot with you!

I second that!

Jan 22 14 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Nicole Nygaard

Sacramento, California, US

MelissaAnn  wrote:
#2 & 3!!!!!!

OMG, I love these. 

Congrats!

smile  <3

I concur with Melissa.

Very cool.

Jan 22 14 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

DougBPhoto wrote:
I'd give her a lift up from Portland, but I already have some others interested in going with me to shoot there.

I do understand and agree, it gets frustrating as hell.

Fortunately, there are some wonderful people (and great results) that make it totally worthwhile.

i am glad you are doing pretty well with it doug.

Jan 23 14 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

Excellent work!

Jan 23 14 09:47 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

nyk fury wrote:

i am glad you are doing pretty well with it Doug.

here's another one dug from what remains of the shoots and didn't make it into the exhibit. i rather like the intensity.

https://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/023/9/3/red_chair__cage_by_kannagara-d73dxme.jpg

I saw you put this one up on Facebook and found the location very intriguing.

I know you've worked with some really good people.

Just like photography where you adjust your point of focus to concentrate on what you want to draw attention to, put your mental focus on the positive things and what you enjoy.

If you put your focus on the frustrations that becomes what you are drawn to think about and the good things are unfortunately thrown out of focus.

It isn't really about doing better or worse, it is about shifting your perspective to one that puts the subject in a more favorable light.

Jan 23 14 09:52 am Link

Photographer

nyk fury

DougBPhoto wrote:
I saw you put this one up on Facebook and found the location very intriguing.

I know you've worked with some really good people.

Just like photography where you adjust your point of focus to concentrate on what you want to draw attention to, put your mental focus on the positive things and what you enjoy.

If you put your focus on the frustrations that becomes what you are drawn to think about and the good things are unfortunately thrown out of focus.

It isn't really about doing better or worse, it is about shifting your perspective to one that puts the subject in a more favorable light.

gotta take the good with the bad. right now things are very, very bad. and this is representative of my state and experience presently. maybe it's a catharsis.

Jan 23 14 10:06 am Link

Model

Elisa 1

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom

I'd love to see you make movies Nick.

This is another visionary series well done.

Jan 23 14 10:27 am Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Eliza C  new portfolio wrote:
I'd love to see you make movies Nick.

This is another visionary series well done.

thank you eliza. i used to. perhaps i can someday get my shit together enough to revisit that medium.

Jan 23 14 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Xavier B Photography

San Diego, California, US

Excellent job! Great concept and series.

Jan 23 14 11:48 am Link

Photographer

nyk fury

well, that series somehow led [via FB] me getting my first 'publication'.

here is the link [though none of that series was featured in the article]:
http://www.thenewyorkoptimist.com/NykFu … _2014.html

and here is another of the series, just for fun.

https://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/050/b/5/red_chair__thing_by_kannagara-d7766p2.jpg

Feb 19 14 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

nyk fury wrote:
thought i'd try shooting a concept series.

https://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/009/2/5/red_chair__industrial_by_kannagara-d714s82.jpg

nyk fury wrote:
one more...

https://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/010/3/7/horny_g_1000_by_kannagara-d71mk89.jpg

I like your entire series... very cool concept, very cool execution.

However, those two images above speak the most to me!

I love the alternate use of the chair, which gave me a wow factor... and the other one with the mask, that is very mystical and mysterious... I can fully identify with this...

Great, great job, Nyk!!! Keep it up!  borat

Feb 19 14 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

udor wrote:
I like your entire series... very cool concept, very cool execution.

However, those two images above speak the most to me!

I love the alternate use of the chair, which gave me a wow factor... and the other one with the mask, that is very mystical and mysterious... I can fully identify with this...

Great, great job, Nyk!!! Keep it up!  borat

thank you udor, that is much appreciated. the series, to my mind, was just barely begun. will definitely pursue much more with this [while i can]. smile

Feb 19 14 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

nyk fury wrote:

thank you udor, that is much appreciated. the series, to my mind, was just barely begun. will definitely pursue much more with this [while i can]. smile

Please do!!!

Those kind of concepts are usually found in my head and/or sketchbook for future paintings... seeing such concepts materializing in photography instead of paintings is very exciting and inspiring!

Keep up your imaginative work and take your time... I am excited seeing your progress!

Feb 19 14 06:54 pm Link

Model

Elisa 1

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom

I have commented once but will do again. You are the Guillermo del Torro of still photography.

These are so, so, visionary and exciting.

Feb 20 14 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

Wonderful!

Feb 20 14 08:09 am Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Eliza C  new portfolio wrote:
I have commented once but will do again. You are the Guillermo del Torro of still photography.

These are so, so, visionary and exciting.

that's funny, del toro's the one artist i would like to work with.

Feb 20 14 09:06 am Link