Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Central Florida Chit Chat Number One...

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
I'm still a lot better on the trampoline than my kids...able to do front flips, back flips, front hand springs etc.  smile

orias wrote:
this, i need to see smile

I'd take that as an invite to Orias' lair Greg...

Top o' the page means;

https://findashorehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Afternoon-Cocktail-at-Beach.jpg

Feb 03 14 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

Pinellas Park, Florida, US

orias wrote:
this, i need to see smile

Any time!  Tag along with me on my next trip to Air Heads Trampoline Arena.  big_smile

There might be a video of me on FB...or I could post one I think.  I think it is just a video of one flip though.  I can do three in a row.  smile

Feb 03 14 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
I think it is just a video of one flip though.  I can do three in a row.  smile

But can you do a Triple Lindy?

Feb 03 14 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

joeyk wrote:

Lol!  No but I bet you can!  smile

Feb 03 14 12:32 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:

Thanks Keith, much appreciated.  That video is awesome!  I love the parkour and calisthenics.  You are top notch without a doubt.  I lived in St Pete for 13 years so I know the area well, now I live on the beach.  There are a lot of spots, it just takes a driving tour to find them I guess. 

As for me, I had a bad neck injury about 18 months ago (straining too hard to do another inverted push-up and got a bulging disk in my neck).  I also have a left shoulder issue that shows up every now and then.  Prior to the neck injury I was able to do 21 perfectly clean pull-ups.  My neck is now 90-95% better and I have been starting to work my way back into shape.  I can do 12 clean pull-ups now.  I know I need to get to 20+ again.  I was working on doing high pull-ups, close to mid chest prior to my injury and I need to work my way to doing that again.  All in due time I guess.  Back in the day when my father was in the Marines, he could do more than 100 pull-ups.  I wouldn't mind getting to 40 or 50 but that seems so far off at this point, almost impossible.  My kids are in gymnastics and they are getting to point where I can't show them things any more and it sucks.  I want to sign up for adult tumbling in the next few months and I just might.  Lol  I'm still a lot better on the trampoline than my kids...able to do front flips, back flips, front hand springs etc.  smile

Thank you! I appreciate that! At first I was primarily into Parkour and Calisthenics was just a secondary hobby to supplement the Parkour training. The past couple years I've been invited to international Calisthenics competitions so I've balanced the training out to half and half now. Plus, bodyweight is bodyweight whether its through fast and explosive movement through Parkour or more controlled strength moves through calisthenics. But training and improving in those fields is a major part of my life so I really appreciate the compliments!

Sounds like you were raised into fitness as well, so it's no wonder you still have high standards when it comes to your physical ability. It's a shame you had that injury but it's awesome that you're still striving to tumble and get the pull up numbers up there! I doubt I'll ever be good at tumbling. I didn't learn my first backflip until 24 years old so my spatial awareness is horrible. I can do all the basics forward and backwards, but start adding twists and multiple flips in there and I'm not gonna land them lol.

Were you into gymnastics growing up? I always wish I was but I only stuck to baseball, football and hockey. Awesome that you're kids are getting that headstart! They probably love it!? You totally should do those tumbling classes, just be careful with the neck! I'm sure as you know, strong neck mobility is HUGE when it comes to being upside down! There's lots of Parkour gyms out there these days too, maybe you can start bouncing around if it's something that interests you? Sounds like you already have the athletics ability! big_smile

Feb 03 14 12:34 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

orias wrote:

yeah scaffolding a beams are much harder to find down here unfortunately sad 

there are cool support beams all down this gully right near my house in st. pete that i always thought would be killer for pics,  but the gully is small and less spectacular than some of what you'd be used to doing smile

theres also John's pass in st. petersburg which has a nice bridge,  boardwalk,  under bridge area where you can reach the pylon bases and stuff like that smile

That IS unfortunate! sad That's may favorite setting to play on! I've been building some scaffolding set ups and jungle gym settings in my yard to hold me over for now! I'd love to see these locations your speaking of. If they are killer for pics they are more than likely killer for video! I have to explore one of these days! big_smile

Feb 03 14 12:36 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

OwenImages wrote:
I'm still a lot better on the trampoline than my kids...able to do front flips, back flips, front hand springs etc.  smile

I'd take that as an invite to Orias' lair Greg...

Top o' the page means;

https://findashorehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Afternoon-Cocktail-at-Beach.jpg

entrance=consent.... just sayin'

Feb 03 14 03:13 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

OwenImages wrote:
Lol!  No but I bet you can!  smile

i'll film the flip-show down smile

Feb 03 14 03:13 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

Keith NYC wrote:

That IS unfortunate! sad That's may favorite setting to play on! I've been building some scaffolding set ups and jungle gym settings in my yard to hold me over for now! I'd love to see these locations your speaking of. If they are killer for pics they are more than likely killer for video! I have to explore one of these days! big_smile

i wanna go exploring too sad

Feb 03 14 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Warm places people have tiring hobbies.
we just shovel

Feb 03 14 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

I consent!  I consent!

Oh, wait.  What am I consenting to?

Feb 03 14 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

OwenImages wrote:
I consent!  I consent!

reread the ice torture posts on page 2
just sayin'

Feb 03 14 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

orias wrote:

joeyk wrote:

i'll film the flip-show down smile

Do we get to flip you?   big_smile

Feb 03 14 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
I consent!  I consent!

Oh ye who know not of what you've done...

Burt what a way to go.

Feb 03 14 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

There's a Groupon for AirHeads Trampoline Arena right now.  It's a good deal!  If anyone goes, I will meet you there at the Largo location!  smile

We can jump for a few hours....

Feb 03 14 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

orias wrote:

Remind me that at the Agent O housewarming to just stand on the sidewalk and look nervously at the front door...

Feb 03 14 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

orias wrote:

joeyk wrote:
Remind me that at the Agent O housewarming to just stand on the sidewalk and look nervously at the front door...

Just wear a plug and a cup, you'll be ok...

Feb 03 14 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

orias wrote:

joeyk wrote:

Tropical Photography wrote:
Just wear a plug and a cup, you'll be ok...

That will look good with his CHAPS and NIPPLE GUARDS!  Lol

Feb 03 14 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
That will look good with his CHAPS and NIPPLE GUARDS!  Lol

Lucky I lost all that weight in Germany...

Feb 03 14 04:42 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

y'all know too many of my secrets ;p 

i need to get less predictable....

CLOWN RAPE! 

^.^

Feb 03 14 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

orias wrote:
y'all know too many of my secrets ;p 

i need to get less predictable....

CLOWN RAPE! 

^.^

So, now JoeyK will be dressed as a clown too?!  Oh My!

Feb 03 14 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
So, now JoeyK will be dressed as a clown too?!  Oh My!

First, not one chance in hell...

Second, I fear Agent O is dressed as the clown and doing the taking... sad

Feb 03 14 05:39 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

orias wrote:
i wanna go exploring too sad

I'll give you and anyone else interested for that matter a heads up before I plan on exploring that way smile. It IS your area though so you're probably able to explore it whenever you want!

Feb 03 14 05:44 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
There's a Groupon for AirHeads Trampoline Arena right now.  It's a good deal!  If anyone goes, I will meet you there at the Largo location!  smile

We can jump for a few hours....

Just looked tht place up, it looks awesome!!!! I def wanna go there someday. I will admit I was never a fan of trampolines though, always felt safer on mats or grass...or concrete for that matter! Haha

Feb 03 14 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

Next Meet & Greet will be at AirHeads for a bunch of photographers and models to jump on trampolines and then go to Wing House, right down the street.  big_smile

Feb 03 14 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
Next Meet & Greet will be at AirHeads

Is that the place with the trampolines, the big ceiling fans, and the signs that say, "dare you!"

Feb 03 14 08:26 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
Next Meet & Greet will be at AirHeads for a bunch of photographers and models to jump on trampolines and then go to Wing House, right down the street.  big_smile

im down for that! 

now i wonder if i can photograph while jumping so i can be there as both a model and a photographer ;p   better yet, i'll tripod my camera and hold the trigger between maneuvers so i can photograph anyone else trying to photograph me... DONE!  this is a full proof plan that can no way jeopardize any of our bodies or equipment safety... were professionals smile

Feb 03 14 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

I have taken my camera and 70-200 f/2.8 VR lens to photograph my kids there a lot but I have stayed off the trampolines with that.  Need to shoot at ISO 1600-2000 to stop action with the lighting in there.  I have seen folks take their point & shoots or cell phones on the trampolines to take shots of others.  I took my GoPro Video camera onto the trampolines to video my kids and myself...I just remembered, I do have GoPro videos of me doing stuff there...the problem is that I have not spent any time learning how to edit videos like I have done with photos since 1998.  It's a fun time there and a really good workout.  One of the best parts about the place is that Wing House is right down the street.  wink

Just PM'd with KeithNYC and it seems he is up for exploring St Pete etc in a couple of weeks.  Orias, we will have to coordinate schedules for a day of exploration etc.  Maybe explore for some parkour fun, stop by AirHeads and then a visit to WH...

Feb 03 14 10:04 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
I have taken my camera and 70-200 f/2.8 VR lens to photograph my kids there a lot but I have stayed off the trampolines with that.  Need to shoot at ISO 1600-2000 to stop action with the lighting in there.  I have seen folks take their point & shoots or cell phones on the trampolines to take shots of others.  I took my GoPro Video camera onto the trampolines to video my kids and myself...I just remembered, I do have GoPro videos of me doing stuff there...the problem is that I have not spent any time learning how to edit videos like I have done with photos since 1998.  It's a fun time there and a really good workout.  One of the best parts about the place is that Wing House is right down the street.  wink

Just PM'd with KeithNYC and it seems he is up for exploring St Pete etc in a couple of weeks.  Orias, we will have to coordinate schedules for a day of exploration etc.  Maybe explore for some parkour fun, stop by AirHeads and then a visit to WH...

yay btw my new house is like 4 blocks from the winghouse i met you at before WOOHOO smile

Feb 03 14 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

orias wrote:

yay btw my new house is like 4 blocks from the winghouse i met you at before WOOHOO smile

I wanna play too...

Feb 04 14 04:56 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

orias wrote:

im down for that! 

now i wonder if i can photograph while jumping so i can be there as both a model and a photographer ;p   better yet, i'll tripod my camera and hold the trigger between maneuvers so i can photograph anyone else trying to photograph me... DONE!  this is a full proof plan that can no way jeopardize any of our bodies or equipment safety... were professionals smile

Think GoPro Miss O  .  .  .  wink  You can strap it to yer haid, or some other more interesting body part  .  .  .  oh great, I jest told Miss O to strap sumethin' to her body, what was I thinkin'  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 04 14 05:20 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:

Jake wants ta know if they allow red dawgs  .  .  .  wink

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140119/21/52dcbb4def1e2.jpg

How could they say "NO" to that face  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 04 14 05:21 am Link

Photographer

OwenImages

I think they might have issue with red dawgs.  Maybe the discriminate? wink

Feb 04 14 06:44 am Link

Photographer

OwenImages

orias wrote:

big_smile

Feb 04 14 06:45 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

OwenImages wrote:
I think they might have issue with red dawgs.  Maybe the discriminate? wink

Okay, but don't blame him if there's a BIG pile o' steamin' crap on one of them trampolines  .  .  .  he blames overly large seagulls  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 04 14 07:30 am Link

Model

AmandaFoxx

Tampa, Florida, US

WHOA!!! What did I miss?!?!
Clowns, trampolines, wings - all things I could get on board with!!!

Feb 04 14 10:24 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

AmandaFoxx wrote:

I'm sure there's time to get "involved" Miss A  .  .  .  so, strap on that clown nose, don some wings, and git ta bouncin'  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 04 14 10:33 am Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

AmandaFoxx wrote:

yes you definitely need to come up for this!  im setting up my new house soon and i'll have crash space again if we get bounced out and need a rest lol

sospix wrote:
I'm sure there's time to get "involved" Miss A  .  .  .  so, strap on that clown nose, don some wings, and git ta bouncin'  .  .  .  wink

SOS

oh yes SOS i'm definitely gonna bring my gopro smile  im always looking for an excuse to use him hehe... hes been my old faithful for a few years now smile

Feb 04 14 04:15 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
How could they say "NO" to that face  .  .  .  wink

SOS

i'd take him over 99.99% of people any day smile

Feb 04 14 04:17 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US