Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > I was accepted by Eventing Worldwide today!

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Eventing Worldwide is one of the UK’s leading eventing online magazines and websites and is internationally recognised. 

I sent off my application to them at the back end of last year and heard nothing back - until this morning when they emailed me inviting me to join the team. smile

Basically this allows me to attend international events as a member of the Press, which means I get in for free! Which is cool because attending Burghley Horse Trials, and other top class events, over 3 days can get expensive.

The magazine has a deal with its photographers whereby any images that are picked up from the site for publication are purchased with the bulk of the fee going to the photographer.   

These are some of the shots I submitted:

https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Osberton-Horse-Trails-October/i-9zqT7N5/0/L/Osberton%20Horse%20Trials%202013%20Nr%20268-L.jpg

https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Osberton-Horse-Trails-October/i-dHZsfWV/0/L/Osberton%20Horse%20Trials%202013%20Nr%20209-L.jpg

https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Osberton-Horse-Trails-October/i-8672SNd/0/L/Osberton%20Horse%20Trials%202013%20Nr%20unkwn-L.jpg

https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Burghley-Horse-Trials-2013/i-pLPsb8C/0/L/Burghley%202013%20Friday%20Young%20Horse%20LRover-L.jpg

Jan 20 14 10:01 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Drew Smith Photography wrote:
https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Osberton-Horse-Trails-October/i-dHZsfWV/0/L/Osberton%20Horse%20Trials%202013%20Nr%20209-L.jpg

Awesome and congratulations!!!

I shot a Polo game a few years back and I love horses.

I think all of those shots are fantastic... but this one... that's my favorite... so much power and concentration and the expression of the rider... great capture!!!  smile

Jan 20 14 10:05 am Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

Congrats!!!

Jan 20 14 10:07 am Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Congratulations on the press creds, and those gorgeous photographs.

About half the barrier to interesting photography is getting "access." (The quotes are for emphasis, not because of any special definition of the word.) One can't photograph a war if one can't go into the war zone. One can't photograph professional sports well without a place near the field. Press credentials, used flagrantly, can get you in to a lot of interesting places.

Use them well.

Don

Jan 20 14 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Congratulations on the press creds, and those gorgeous photographs.

About half the barrier to interesting photography is getting "access." (The quotes are for emphasis, not because of any special definition of the word.) One can't photograph a war if one can't go into the war zone. One can't photograph professional sports well without a place near the field. Press credentials, used flagrantly, can get you in to a lot of interesting places.

Use them well.

Don

Don - you are so right (and thank you for your kind comments).

The shot with the 'Land Rover Burghley 2013' logo behind the horse is only possible to shoot from the Press area. I blagged my way in to the press area that afternoon after chatting with one of the press photographers.

I shall endeavour to use them wisely. They don't just want action shots they want lifestyle and behind the scene shots too, which plays right in to my wheelhouse. smile

I'm pretty excited about this development. smile

Jan 20 14 10:50 am Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Congrats

Excellent work

Jan 20 14 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Rob Sinkus Photography

JOBSTOWN, New Jersey, US

Congrats.
Wish we saw more threads like this.

Jan 20 14 11:25 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Worth

Denver, Colorado, US

Congratulations to you! That wonderful. Those images are fantastic.

Jan 20 14 12:54 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Los Angeles, California, US

Wow!

Great job, and that first photo is just amazing!

Jan 20 14 01:53 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Congrats! The photos are lovely.

Jan 20 14 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

These are impressive. Not only the images themselves, but just the right amount of post for the subject.

Jan 20 14 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

awesome awesome awesome! Congratulations, you earned it!

Jan 20 14 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

Congrats! Well done smile

Jan 20 14 05:10 pm Link

Casting Director

Miguel NIB

Those are fantastic shots.  Congrats!  Obviously very well deserved.

Jan 20 14 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Beautiful horses and beautifully captured. Nice work.

Jan 20 14 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Drew, the quality of your post work gives the images an almost-3D quality.  No wonder the organization approved your application.

My favorite is the second one.

Jan 20 14 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Beautifully done  .  .  .  freezing those magnificent athletes in mid air really shows off just how finely tuned they are  .  .  .  congratulations on the PP as well, hope you enjoy every minute  .  .  . 

SOS

Jan 22 14 06:09 am Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Excellent.

Jan 22 14 07:36 am Link

Photographer

J-Gan

San Francisco, California, US

Congrats on the new gig!

Jan 22 14 07:52 am Link

Model

Elisa 1

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom

Many congratulations Drew!
Great news and about time your amazing equestrian photography skills have been appreciated!

Jan 23 14 04:27 am Link

Photographer

Marky

Grays, England, United Kingdom

I remember you showing these before and loved them! Well done lucky you!

Jan 23 14 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Great images Drew

Jan 23 14 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick D Simmons Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Congrats. Very nice photos especially the first one.

Jan 23 14 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

DAVISICON

San Antonio, Texas, US

congratulations! beautiful work!

Jan 23 14 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

BRILLIANT PHOTOS!!!

Jan 24 14 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

Boats n' ho's...boats n' ho...

Oh wait...I'm thinking of something else. 

wink

Congratulations, Drew.  Those are some beautiful images.

Jan 24 14 12:13 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Beautiful shots!

Jan 24 14 12:52 am Link

Photographer

Captured Elegance

Winter Park, Florida, US

Drew Smith Photography wrote:
Eventing Worldwide is one of the UK’s leading eventing online magazines and websites and is internationally recognised. 

I sent off my application to them at the back end of last year and heard nothing back - until this morning when they emailed me inviting me to join the team. smile

Basically this allows me to attend international events as a member of the Press, which means I get in for free! Which is cool because attending Burghley Horse Trials, and other top class events, over 3 days can get expensive.

The magazine has a deal with its photographers whereby any images that are picked up from the site for publication are purchased with the bulk of the fee going to the photographer.   

These are some of the shots I submitted:

https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Osberton-Horse-Trails-October/i-9zqT7N5/0/L/Osberton%20Horse%20Trials%202013%20Nr%20268-L.jpg

https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Osberton-Horse-Trails-October/i-8672SNd/0/L/Osberton%20Horse%20Trials%202013%20Nr%20unkwn-L.jpg

https://www.drewsmithphotography.co.uk/Equine/Burghley-Horse-Trials-2013/i-pLPsb8C/0/L/Burghley%202013%20Friday%20Young%20Horse%20LRover-L.jpg

Jan 24 14 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Captured Elegance

Winter Park, Florida, US

These images are outstanding!
We do both photography and video production as a member in my real job and I am often at corporate events and conferences as well as media events at Walt Disney World in Orlando.
Treat your pass with TONS of respect and it will take you far.
Terry

Jan 24 14 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Sennia Kyle

Seattle, Washington, US

Congrats!!! As a former (and eventually, future) 3 day event rider, I'll be on the lookout for you! smile

Jan 26 14 11:00 pm Link