Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Gryph wrote:

What about the dilla?  Just dilla and kimchi?

https://global3.memecdn.com/i-see-what-you-fucking-did-there_o_1290371.jpg

Jul 29 14 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:
Honestly, they all sound pretty horrible. A Kimchi Quesadilla?!? Talk about fusion!

You really need to try Chino Bandido in Chandler - it's not horribly far from you.

Emerald Chicken Quesadillas with Jerk Fried Rice, or Jen Red Pork Burritos...

Jul 29 14 07:08 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:
Honestly, they all sound pretty horrible.

Lohkee wrote:
That was really insulting and uncalled for!

Interesting.

Jul 29 14 07:10 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lohkee wrote:

Ya got me! I thought I was responding to a chef. Oh well!

You are.

Its only okay when YOURE insulting? roll

Jul 30 14 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
You are.

Its only okay when YOURE insulting? roll

Please explain how I was being insulting.

What I said was - Honestly, they all sound pretty horrible. A Kimchi Quesadilla?!? Talk about fusion!

That said, a lot of things don't sound very appetizing but are, in fact, really great. I'd probably try all of them just out of curiosity. I like food and I like trying new things. The Kimchi Quesadilla would be the first thing I'd try.

Notice that I didn't say it **was** horrible, just that it sounded horrible. Also notice that I said a lot of food that doesn't sound good at all, is actually very good.
Followed by - I'd probably try all of the dishes starting with the Kimchi Quesadilla.

My personal favorite was to give students three ingredients and 1 utensil (bread, peanut butter, jelly, and a knife) and have them write precise step-by-step instructions on how to make a PB&J sammy. I would then bring in those same ingredients and follow each student's instructions to the letter. I was never able to actually make a PB&J sammy, but the hilarity which ensued while I tried was priceless! Assignments from hell, you really gotta love them!

A Korean/tex-mex taco truck?!! Alrightly then!

Jul 30 14 09:37 am Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lohkee wrote:

Please explain how I was being insulting.

What I said was - Honestly, they all sound pretty horrible. A Kimchi Quesadilla?!? Talk about fusion!

That said, a lot of things don't sound very appetizing but are, in fact, really great. I'd probably try all of them just out of curiosity. I like food and I like trying new things. The Kimchi Quesadilla would be the first thing I'd try.

Notice that I didn't say it **was** horrible, just that it sounded horrible. Also notice that I said a lot of food that doesn't sound good at all, is actually very good.
Followed by - I'd probably try all of the dishes starting with the Kimchi Quesadilla.

My personal favorite was to give students three ingredients and 1 utensil (bread, peanut butter, jelly, and a knife) and have them write precise step-by-step instructions on how to make a PB&J sammy. I would then bring in those same ingredients and follow each student's instructions to the letter. I was never able to actually make a PB&J sammy, but the hilarity which ensued while I tried was priceless! Assignments from hell, you really gotta love them!

A Korean/tex-mex taco truck?!! Alrightly then!

The sentence of yours that I quoted should pretty much sum it up. You said that equating some banana milk to a nesquik product was insulting and uncalled for (albeit probably half-heartedly), Nicolette posted the actual banana milk stuff, you retracted your statement (so we assume you are also not impressed by whatever the actual product is), which is all fun and fine and shit…

except when you get called out for having been wrong, joke or not, you insinuated that Nicolette isn't a chef/isnt a good chef since the products aren't up to whatever your standard is. Thats kind of dickish.

Jul 30 14 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
The sentence of yours that I quoted should pretty much sum it up. You said that equating some banana milk to a nesquik product was insulting and uncalled for (albeit probably half-heartedly), Nicolette posted the actual banana milk stuff, you retracted your statement (so we assume you are also not impressed by whatever the actual product is), which is all fun and fine and shit…

except when you get called out for having been wrong, joke or not, you insinuated that Nicolette isn't a chef/isnt a good chef since the products aren't up to whatever your standard is. Thats kind of dickish.

Sigh. It's a school assignment. I have no idea if she can boil an egg well, or not. It doesn't really matter (in this scenario). It's a classic assignment from hell (mixing two diametrically opposed cultures) designed to teach a specific set of skills (seriously, a Korean/Tex-Mex fusion taco truck?). Yeah. O.K. Alrighty then.

I doubt any of these dishes actually exist as that is not the point of the assignment (same as my PB&J assignment for students).

You might also want to get your sarcasm meter re-calibrated.

Yours faithfully,

A dickhead.

Jul 30 14 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Svend

Windsor, Colorado, US

Lohkee wrote:
It's a classic assignment from hell (mixing two diametrically opposed cultures) designed to teach a specific set of skills (seriously, a Korean/Tex-Mex fusion taco truck?). Yeah. O.K. Alrighty then.

I doubt any of these dishes actually exist as that is not the point of the assignment.

Just to insert some factual content here:

http://www.chilantrobbq.com/menu

http://zenkimchi.com/recipes/modern-kor … -bibimbap/

http://www.gourmet.com/food/2009/05/korean-tacos

Korean/TexMex fusion is actually quite popular if you know anything about current food trends.

Jul 30 14 01:38 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
I might get the kimchi quesadilla sans queso just to try kimchi. I know that's not getting the full experience intended though. Is it insulting to a chef when you customize food?

It doesn't bother me, personally. I know it really irks some people though.

Jul 30 14 02:45 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lohkee wrote:
Sigh. It's a school assignment. I have no idea if she can boil an egg well, or not. It doesn't really matter (in this scenario). It's a classic assignment from hell (mixing two diametrically opposed cultures) designed to teach a specific set of skills (seriously, a Korean/Tex-Mex fusion taco truck?). Yeah. O.K. Alrighty then.

I doubt any of these dishes actually exist as that is not the point of the assignment (same as my PB&J assignment for students).

Yours faithfully,

A dickhead.

First off, allow me to make some corrections.

That's not my assignment. Do not assume it's the "assignment from hell" because it isn't. It's been a blast. The assignment is not "mixing two diametrically opposed cultures." It's to create a concept/menu/business plan.

This truck is my creation, my baby. The assignment is a business plan for a restaurant or food truck of MY creation. I can write any type of menu I want. This is what I'm passionate about. I've made all of these on my own and they came out wonderful. I wouldn't put them out there if I wasn't 100% satisfied with the outcome. When it comes to food, I am beyond a fucking perfectionist.

Feel free to be as dickish as you want. It only serves to make you look like an asshat, and I guarantee I'm not going to lose sleep over some nameless/faceless guy on the forums. If you wouldn't order anything, say that and leave it at that, because I guarantee I genuinely don't give a shit what some nameless/faceless guy on the internet thinks of my menu. If you look at my OP, I asked what you would order. Not for a fucking diatribe about how much better your knowledge is. Not about a fucking peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I didn't ask for that. I asked what menu items [if any] you'd order.

But, please, do continue.
Go on. I'm waiting.

Jul 30 14 02:51 pm Link

Jul 30 14 02:52 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
Interesting. Is it thick, like a milkshake? Or just simply banana flavored milk?

It's basically banana pureed with soy milk. It's thin like milk though, and absolutely delicious. It's like crack to me.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone that gave me an actual response. You've been super helpful and I appreciate it!!!

Jul 30 14 03:00 pm Link

Jul 30 14 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:

First off, allow me to make some corrections.

That's not my assignment. Do not assume it's the "assignment from hell" because it isn't. It's been a blast. The assignment is not "mixing two diametrically opposed cultures." It's to create a concept/menu/business plan.

This truck is my creation, my baby. The assignment is a business plan for a restaurant or food truck of MY creation. I can write any type of menu I want. This is what I'm passionate about. I've made all of these on my own and they came out wonderful. I wouldn't put them out there if I wasn't 100% satisfied with the outcome. When it comes to food, I am beyond a fucking perfectionist.

Feel free to be as dickish as you want. It only serves to make you look like an asshat, and I guarantee I'm not going to lose sleep over some nameless/faceless guy on the forums. If you wouldn't order anything, say that and leave it at that, because I guarantee I genuinely don't give a shit what some nameless/faceless guy on the internet thinks of my menu. If you look at my OP, I asked what you would order. Not for a fucking diatribe about how much better your knowledge is. Not about a fucking peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I didn't ask for that. I asked what menu items [if any] you'd order.

But, please, do continue.
Go on. I'm waiting.

And I answered your question very specifically with regards to what I would order. In fact I said that I would be willing to try them all with the Kimchi Q up first. Since  I seem to have unintentionally hit a raw nerve in someone who supposedly doesn't give a shit what some nameless/faceless guy on the internet thinks of her menu, I'll withhold further comment other than to say that I eagerly await the emergence of your fusion taco truck empire.

Too bad. It could have been an interesting conversation.

Jul 30 14 03:23 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lohkee wrote:
And I answered your question very specifically with regards to what I would order. In fact I said that I would be willing to try them all with the Kimchi Q up first. Since  I seem to have unintentionally hit a raw nerve in someone who supposedly doesn't give a shit what some nameless/faceless guy on the internet thinks of her menu, I'll withhold further comment other than to say that I eagerly await the emergence of your fusion taco truck empire.

Too bad. It could have been an interesting conversation.

A raw nerve? Nah bro. You flatter yourself.

And sure, you stated that... after a rant implying that it isn't truly fusion food [I can only assume you feel that way because it isn't what you would do. You went on to say how they sound horrible, and that you were trying to wrap your head around it, then flat out insulted a drink I am choosing to sell [which is one of the most popular non-alcoholic drinks IN Korea, so I'm not sure where you thought you were going with that].

Look bro, if you wanna sit here and play food snob towards food you obviously have little experience with and little desire to try, that's cool by me.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln7qh6o5cx1qlihbbo1_500.gif

ETA: I didn't ask for a conversation. I, again, asked what off my menu someone would order. I didn't ask for a discussion about my menu or how "horrible" it is. I didn't ask your opinion on it.

Jul 30 14 03:32 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Svend wrote:

borat

wink

Jul 30 14 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:

A raw nerve? Nah bro. You flatter yourself.

And sure, you stated that... after a rant implying that it isn't truly fusion food [I can only assume you feel that way because it isn't what you would do. You went on to say how they sound horrible, and that you were trying to wrap your head around it, then flat out insulted a drink I am choosing to sell [which is one of the most popular non-alcoholic drinks IN Korea, so I'm not sure where you thought you were going with that].

Look bro, if you wanna sit here and play food snob towards food you obviously have little experience with and little desire to try, that's cool by me.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln7qh6o5cx1qlihbbo1_500.gif

ETA: I didn't ask for a conversation. I, again, asked what off my menu someone would order. I didn't ask for a discussion about my menu or how "horrible" it is. I didn't ask your opinion on it.

Reading comprehension. It's a good thing. Explore it.

Jul 30 14 03:40 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lohkee wrote:

Reading comprehension. It's a good thing. Explore it.

Yes, it is. You should try it sometime. I hear they teach it in grade school now.

[seriously: just about everyone here agrees that what you said was douchey. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it probably ain't a fucking quail.]

Jul 30 14 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:
Yes, it is. You should try it sometime. I hear they teach it in grade school now.

[seriously: just about everyone here agrees that what you said was douchey. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it probably ain't a fucking quail.]

Chuckles. Please quote where I said your menu was horrible.

HINT: I DIDN'T! lol

Like I said, reading comprehension. It's a good thing. Explore it.

Jul 30 14 03:51 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lohkee wrote:

Okay.

Lohkee wrote:
Honestly, they all sound pretty horrible. A Kimchi Quesadilla?!? Talk about fusion!

Lohkee wrote:
(seriously, a Korean/Tex-Mex fusion taco truck?). Yeah. O.K. Alrighty then.

https://www.okmoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/1-041.gif
Can we get back to the menu tally now please? smile

Jul 30 14 03:56 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Haha... Felicia... Ha.

Also, can I put my two cents in, even though I kinda already did?

Jul 30 14 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:

Lohkee wrote:

Okay.

https://www.okmoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/1-041.gif
Can we get back to the menu tally now please? smile

After you quote where I said your menu was horrible. Having problems trying to find a post where I said that, are we?

HINT: "sounds" and "is" have two very different meanings in English.

Jul 30 14 04:03 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Lohkee wrote:

After you quote where I said your menu was horrible. Having problems trying to find a post where I said that, are we?

It has come to my attention that you lack that reading comprehension we talked about. Therefore, I'm done here. It's like explaining peking duck to a fetus.
https://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmfceccn6O1qj60veo1_400.gif

Jul 30 14 04:09 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Fifi wrote:
Haha... Felicia... Ha.

Also, can I put my two cents in, even though I kinda already did?

Of course. big_smile You can do whateva you liiiiiiiiiiiiiiike.

Jul 30 14 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:

It has come to my attention that you lack that reading comprehension we talked about. Therefore, I'm done here. It's like explaining peking duck to a fetus.
https://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmfceccn6O1qj60veo1_400.gif

Thank god!

Jul 30 14 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Do you deliver to AZ? Or do we have to come to TX? wink

Jul 30 14 04:16 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Jim Shibley wrote:
Do you deliver to AZ? Or do we have to come to TX? wink

I'm afraid you're gonna have to come to Texas. I'm doing a portfolio show the week of the September 22nd. I'll be serving some of this. Just saaaaying.

Jul 30 14 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Nicolette wrote:

I'm afraid you're gonna have to come to Texas. I'm doing a portfolio show the week of the September 22nd. I'll be serving some of this. Just saaaaying.

Austin,hé ?

damn sad

Jul 30 14 04:48 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

scrymettet wrote:

Austin,hé ?

damn sad

Mmhmm. Here in Austin.
Sowwyyyy

Jul 30 14 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Nicolette wrote:

Mmhmm. Here in Austin.
Sowwyyyy

down on count on 3
-I wanna go in Austin to see
-Meet you
-taste your noms

damn³

Jul 30 14 05:02 pm Link

Model

Sha-Lynne

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I would start with the stuff I can't pronounce first and go back till I tried it all...or just order it all and be a fatty

Jul 30 14 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Sha-Lynne wrote:
I would start with the stuff I can't pronounce first and go back till I tried it all...or just order it all and be a fatty

love the way you think

Jul 30 14 05:17 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Sha-Lynne wrote:

lol
So all of it?

Jul 30 14 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Monterey, California, US

Kimchi Quesadilla - I like Kimchi and I like Quesadillas, so I'd try this.

Bulgogi Burrito - Bulgogi...yum!

Prawn Nachos - Who doesn't like nachos!?

Plantain Chips - Ooo... but what is ssamjang sauce? (gonna look that up now)

And Green Tea Smoothie!

Jul 30 14 07:02 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

PhotographybyT wrote:
Kimchi Quesadilla - I like Kimchi and I like Quesadillas, so I'd try this.

Bulgogi Burrito - Bulgogi...yum!

Prawn Nachos - Who doesn't like nachos!?

Plantain Chips - Ooo... but what is ssamjang sauce? (gonna look that up now)

And Green Tea Smoothie!

Thank you!

It's a delicious, somewhat spicy paste that's used often as a sauce.

Jul 30 14 07:12 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:

Yours faithfully,

A dickhead.

You do realize she works in a real restaurant where she serves real food to real customers?

And it's dickhole.

Jul 30 14 07:34 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:
It's basically banana pureed with soy milk. It's thin like milk though, and absolutely delicious. It's like crack to me.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone that gave me an actual response. You've been super helpful and I appreciate it!!!

So it's vegan!? I can has. And want to has.

I hope you didn't take my Nesquick thing as an insult. It was just the thing my mind went to when I heard banana milk. They probably got the idea from the real stuff.

Jul 30 14 07:36 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:
•    Avocado smoothie [chocolate and cilantro optional]

Also (I'm making many posts in a row, cool), what does this taste like? I can't imagine it. I have heard of avocado being used in chocolate smoothies before because it's just creamy and kind of neutral, but cilantro? Or avocado without chocolate? Is this a traditional Korean thing, or part of the Tex-Mex side?

I'M JusT So CURiouS

Jul 30 14 07:44 pm Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

So it's vegan!? I can has. And want to has.

I hope you didn't take my Nesquick thing as an insult. It was just the thing my mind went to when I heard banana milk. They probably got the idea from the real stuff.

I'm not entirely sure. The company that makes it is called Binggrae. I'm sure you can find out. It's absolutely DELICIOUS.

I absolutely didn't take it as an insult smile It was a question! smile

Jul 30 14 08:12 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Nicolette wrote:
I'm not entirely sure. The company that makes it is called Binggrae. I'm sure you can find out. It's absolutely DELICIOUS.

I absolutely didn't take it as an insult smile It was a question! smile

https://i60.tinypic.com/2iaanmp.png

I was about to finish that with "vegan?" but this popped up and hey yeah I guess that's a valid question too. (I had no idea who she was.)

It is not vegan. Oh wellz.

Jul 30 14 08:15 pm Link