Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Overall impression of the person's work above you

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Hi guys,

I always have a first impression when I check out someone's work. I'm going to assume you do too. So, with that being the case, can the first person who responds to this tell me your overall impression of my work - a positive first impression and a negative.

For others responding, please do the same for the person above you.

This will be interesting smile

Sep 13 14 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Kelly Kooper wrote:

My first impression - TOO MANY images in your portfolio.  It is overwhelming.  It would be better to have just 8 or 9 of your best images than the current 75 or so.

But just one worthless opinion.  smile

Sep 15 14 02:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Sandra Valero

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Nor-Cal Photography: Great work, clean images and GREAT VARIETY! I like to see that in a photographer, as it shows versatility. The only thing I would do though, is have them organised in different albums or according to category (although I understand they may be in that certain order for other reasons, ie. date) smile

Sep 18 14 02:40 am Link

Model

Moira Zhou

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Sandra Valero

Good: You're published!  Very solid portfolio

Bad: nothing really 'out there' or 'weird' in terms of style  (not necessarily bad, just not for me)

Sep 23 14 01:14 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Moira Zhou:

You are very beautiful! I love it that you have a unique look, and great range of expressions!

Nothing bad at all, but I would like to see other types of nudes besides what you currently show. I think with your body and figure you should focus most of your modelling work on fine art nudes.

Sep 23 14 05:42 pm Link

Digital Artist

007Nobody

Santa Ana, California, US

Bold and unique. Thank you for sharing your work!

Oct 06 14 07:35 pm Link

Model

niquehaggs

Los Angeles, California, US

Cool, funky images that aren't afraid to be daring. Keep it up!

Oct 15 14 12:50 am Link

Model

Torttunaattori

Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland

Love your look, you take it from very elegant (1st picture) to casual to couture. Your portfolio on the whole displays a wide range and I enjoyed that.

What you could do is to make a stricter selection in which images you choose to put up here; sometimes  multiple results from the same shoot cause the port to loose it's flow.

Keep it up! big_smile

Oct 17 14 07:57 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Very professional with good stats, but perhaps a little stiff.
I will blame the photographers for that. Shoot with better togs, please! Would love to see more. smile

Oct 17 14 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Laura Elizabeth Photo

Rochester, New York, US

Lots of very energetic and emotive work and a very distinct lighting set up and shooting style in some that makes its east to recognized a lot of your work when I see it in models ports.  I wish you tried a bit more naturally lit pictures as you have a few already that make me think you have potential shooting that style as well. 

In terms of your more common shooting style (the studio shots) I think it can be a little hit and miss, with some being amazing and others just not measuring up to that same level.  I think you're on the right track but just need to practice and refine your work a little more in terms of cropping/composition (some chopped off body parts) lighting (I like the blown out look it's just a bit much in some and I'd just like to see your do a little less with the ring flash) and outfits (lots of girls with shirts and then no bottoms, just a bit weird to me in some). 

Really you're doing good with your work you just keep practicing to perfect it!

Oct 18 14 11:24 am Link

Model

Layla_B

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Laura,
I'm not really a fan of the 'collaged' photos, though yours are put together well and the images themselves are eye-pleasing so I don't really mind that much smile.
I like your work, clean style, esthetic, feminine, colourful..
If I have to say one thing than maybe shift the fashion/beauty-rate a bit. Your current port holds 11 portret/beauty-photos And 4 fashion.

Keep up the great work! smile

Oct 18 14 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

erics_Toronto_GTA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Your portfolio makes me want to book my ticket to Netherlands right away.
Nobody has made it better to show everything necessary with only 15 pictures. You're portfolio covered everything.

Great work and a very smart model.

And very pretty as well:)

^Eric^

Oct 19 14 05:52 am Link

Photographer

Oubliette Media

RESEDA, California, US

Eric Sun-Great portfolio. I can only hope to be that good one day.

Nothing negative to say smile

Oct 22 14 06:30 am Link

Model

Cassie Weinick

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Good start to your portfolio. I see your beginning photography. Try to find some classes in your area to learn more about some techniques and ways to better your skills!

Oct 28 14 09:21 am Link

Photographer

waynes world pics

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

CassieTaylor wrote:
Good start to your portfolio. I see your beginning photography. Try to find some classes in your area to learn more about some techniques and ways to better your skills!

I like most of your pics.Some more than others.As a whole,your images are nicely composed,have very decent lighting,and your poses look quite natural.A couple of shots,I'm not big on your facial expression,but not too bad.The full length high key shot bothers me a bit,as there is a redness to your legs,that is not apparent on your upper body and face. ( lighting issue maybe? ).Otherwise,good looking port,indeed!

Oct 28 14 10:03 am Link

Photographer

erics_Toronto_GTA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

waynes world pics wrote:

I like most of your pics.Some more than others.As a whole,your images are nicely composed,have very decent lighting,and your poses look quite natural.A couple of shots,I'm not big on your facial expression,but not too bad.The full length high key shot bothers me a bit,as there is a redness to your legs,that is not apparent on your upper body and face. ( lighting issue maybe? ).Otherwise,good looking port,indeed!

waynes,

Your page is  outstanding. People don't even need to go to your amazing port.

Oct 30 14 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

waynes world pics

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Eric SUN wrote:

waynes,

Your page is  outstanding. People don't even need to go to your amazing port.

Eric,you are one of my fav photographers here...all your images are rich in every aspect!Your model selections are amazing,and you bring out their best looks every shot! Quality work and then some!

Nov 08 14 12:16 am Link

Digital Artist

007Nobody

Santa Ana, California, US

Incredible, inspiring, amazing, beautiful, colorful, fun....Those are just the many words that come to mind when I see your work. You are an absolutely gifted professional and I am motivated to further push my own style because of work like yours.

Nov 11 14 11:56 pm Link