Forums > MM Market > Photo Gear > WTB Einstein e640 frosted dome

Photographer

tony

San Diego, California, US

Anyone have an extra frosted dome / UV dome for sale in the San Diego area? Its the glass cover that goes over the flash tube and modeling lamp on the PCB Einsteins. I don't see one on ebay and it would be easier than ordering one on PCB website. Thanks!

Sep 25 14 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Fryd

Miami Beach, Florida, US

For reference, here are the prices from Buff's Website for the Einstein Frosted dome (they are listed under Hardware > Modeling Lamps).

Einstein™ Dome Cover
Part Number: 1060836
Price: $9.95

Einstein™ UV-Coated Dome Cover
Part Number: 1060836-UV
Price: $14.95

I haven't seen these parts for sale elsewhere, but these prices should give you a ballpark on what you should spend, and a part number you can search for.   

I can understand your desire to buy elsewhere.  The shipping charge from Buff seems to be about $11, plus $1.20 for each dome bought.  If you were ordering from Buff, it makes more sense to bundle the dome into another order.

The Paul C. Buff company has a reputation for great customer service.  If your Einstein is still under warranty, give customer service a call, they might send you a replacement for free.

Oct 04 14 09:13 am Link

Photographer

tony

San Diego, California, US

Michael Fryd wrote:
For reference, here are the prices from Buff's Website for the Einstein Frosted dome (they are listed under Hardware > Modeling Lamps).

Einstein™ Dome Cover
Part Number: 1060836
Price: $9.95

Einstein™ UV-Coated Dome Cover
Part Number: 1060836-UV
Price: $14.95

I haven't seen these parts for sale elsewhere, but these prices should give you a ballpark on what you should spend, and a part number you can search for.   

I can understand your desire to buy elsewhere.  The shipping charge from Buff seems to be about $11, plus $1.20 for each dome bought.  If you were ordering from Buff, it makes more sense to bundle the dome into another order.

The Paul C. Buff company has a reputation for great customer service.  If your Einstein is still under warranty, give customer service a call, they might send you a replacement for free.

Thank you Michael! I just saw this and haven't bought a replacement yet. I will give them a call and report back : )

Nov 10 14 03:30 pm Link