Model

Zakeria Jones

Buena Vista, Georgia, US

Any advice/ critique for this new, young model?

Dec 28 14 10:27 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Nice start, you are doing good so far and I think you should just keep at it. Nothing worth doing happens overnight at the beginning and modelling usually gets easier with time and experience.

You are very pretty and have a nice figure, you can practice posing and work with more photographers as you get the opportunity.  Try different expressions in front of a mirror! The one thing I noticed is that out of your 8 shots, you have exactly the same expression in 7 of them. Practice something different, you have a nice smile, use it and other expressions so you can change up from one pose to the next.  Also, find poses you like in magazines or other model's portfolios and figure out what it is you like about those poses, then expand on them.

One thing I tell all young models starting out that's worth repeating here: Don't ever compromise your personal values thinking it can get you ahead of the game.

Don't expect to get paid just yet, although if someone offers to pay, don't turn it down if the assignment fits with what you want to do. It may be to your advantage to pay a photographer experienced working with girls your age to do a photo shoot to get some high quality shots for your portfolio.  Also if you do a search on MM and look for photographers nearby, see if you can find one or more who would be open to doing a trade arrangement.

Dec 28 14 11:11 am Link