Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Wardrobe for photo-shoot on beach in dresses

Model

hgfhgfghjjh

Albany, California, US

Hi everyone,

I am directing my own shoot at the beach.  The concept involves pretty, long, flowing and sleeveless dresses.  The shoot will involve getting somewhat wet and a whole lot of sea sand.  I would love to get inspirational ideas from the dresses, from eBay is best.  Not too pricy (within the range of $20 is max- it's just for one dirty shot.  You can even send me links.
Thank you!

Jan 25 15 11:43 am Link

Model

hgfhgfghjjh

Albany, California, US

help please?

Jan 25 15 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

A. I. Studios

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Search eBay for "Sleeveless Long Flowing red Dress" , there are few of them.

Jan 25 15 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Lee Ayla Liberato wrote:
Wardrobe for photo-shoot on beach in dresses

Lee would suggest you actually fry potential garments on in order to select appropriately for your narrative... Buying on line is hit/miss and you'll unlikely get a perfect fit this way...

Thrift shops are an ideal source of chic and ornate ensembles... especially since you're a size 2... so many ladies super size as they mature and discard gorgeous pieces of textile artistry... My target is always size zero, albeit I typically can make a size 2 work...

Might start here...

Goodwill
Address: 505 San Pablo Avenue, Albany, CA 94706
Phone:(510) 525-2680

Their dress selection (excluding wedding gowns) are nearly always beneath your twenty dollar ceiling...
besides you'll be supporting an industry focused on a social mission....

Hope this helps...

Enjoy you seaside session... smile

Jan 25 15 12:57 pm Link

Jan 25 15 02:41 pm Link

Model

hgfhgfghjjh

Albany, California, US

Thank you!

Feb 09 15 07:00 am Link

Photographer

MikeW

Cape Canaveral, Florida, US

I don't know if you have done the shoot as yet but I would not use dresses. I'd go to a fabric store and buy 3 to 4 yards of light, somewhat sheer material and wrap yourself in it. This provides a variety of designs including material trailing out from the body when blown by the wind. When needed, material can be secured by using paper clamps.

Feb 21 15 05:11 pm Link