Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Attracting work through your avatar

Model

AmandaKingmonCreative

Seattle, Washington, US

What's your method? What's your opinion? Does it depend? Tell me your thoughts!

I chose mine because of the bright colors mainly, and to show that I have all my teeth wink Ha! smile

Jan 30 15 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

Ha Ha.  Well, I've not heard of a niche for toothless models, though there probably is one.  Maybe in the gore/horror fetish community, or at Halloween.  smile

So, I do like a lot of what I see in your port.  And I do like your avatar.  However, as a rule of thumb, it's been my experience that dresses with prominent "patterns" tend to distract from the model who is wearing them.  When I ran my portrait studio, one of the things that I advised the clients was to wear solid clothing.  A solid color, or even two complimentary colors would be fine, but large, flashy patterns are distracting.  Well, at least IMHO.

Jan 30 15 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

2A Models

SOUTHWORTH, Washington, US

Light and Lens Studio wrote:
...A solid color, or even two complimentary colors would be fine, but large, flashy patterns are distracting.  Well, at least IMHO.

I concur; she would have done well to ditch the brassy florals and go for something else.

Feb 17 15 02:09 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Your avatar is supposed to attract attention in a positive way and make people want to click on your profile and look at the rest of your pictures.  The earlier replies about the pattern being distracting are true, many people will look at the dress first and that's not what you want them to do.

I think simple clothing works best, since you want people to pay attention to your face, not what you are wearing. You can be as expressive as you want in the rest of your portfolio shots and wear the wildest clothes you own, or nothing at all.

Feb 17 15 07:52 am Link