Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Nars pro discount?

Makeup Artist

Makeup Art by Tamara

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Is there a pro discount for Nars? I love their products, especially foundation, but at those prices, stocking my kit with multiple foundation shades will be $$$. Also, I have most shades of Face Atelier. I find Nars Sheer Glow and FA to be similar. So maybe I don't really even need to think about adding in some Nars foundation? Thoughts? Thanks!

Feb 19 15 08:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Makeup Art by Tamara wrote:
Is there a pro discount for Nars?

Namies has a Pro Discount program which is awesome 40% on the lion's share of major brands, and 30% on others... but wait!  Nars?  sadly only 20%  Oh well... at least it's something...   

Applying for Pro Status with Naimies is about the same as with other vendors... and they approve your application quickly unlike some of the other major players....

Hope this helps...

Feb 19 15 03:59 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ThirdEyeMakeup

Los Angeles, California, US

Nars does have a pro discount: http://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/nars-pro.html

Feb 20 15 01:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Sophia Porter

Lemont, Illinois, US

Yes they do have a discount program! There are tiers of 20%, 30% and 40% depending on your qualifications. I managed to get 30% :p Better than nothing! Shipping is very quick with them too smile

Feb 20 15 02:49 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Many thanks Philippine and Sophia... deeply appreciate the NARS Pro submission info....

Couldn't help but notice they require a copy of a Drivers License? this is a unique request, none of my other half dozen Pro Cards required this... just saying...  But they did mention gratis samples?  Kind of thought those had pretty much been discontinued?  You guys getting any decent gratis from them?

Now and again I'm asked about NARS by bridal clients... but other than that haven't seen it as a major brand on the commercial side of the equation...  That said, one of my instructors was a brand rep for NARS and she did extremely well at local high end retail counters...  Had many good things to say about NARS.... if the opportunity arises I would enjoy examining it's potential... but looks like I'll have to add another tear to my book... they only accept tears from the past 12 months for the 40% discount...  lol   

Thanks again...

Feb 20 15 03:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Sophia Porter

Lemont, Illinois, US

ArtistryImage wrote:
Many thanks Philippine and Sophia... deeply appreciate the NARS Pro submission info....

Couldn't help but notice they require a copy of a Drivers License? this is a unique request, none of my other half dozen Pro Cards required this... just saying...  But they did mention gratis samples?  Kind of thought those had pretty much been discontinued?  You guys getting any decent gratis from them?

Now and again I'm asked about NARS by bridal clients... but other than that haven't seen it as a major brand on the commercial side of the equation...  That said, one of my instructors was a brand rep for NARS and she did extremely well at local high end retail counters...  Had many good things to say about NARS.... if the opportunity arises I would enjoy examining it's potential... but looks like I'll have to add another tear to my book... they only accept tears from the past 12 months for the 40% discount...  lol   

Thanks again...

I had to submit my license to a lot of places for my discount, its for verification I guess. I know when I go to MAC and use my pro card they always ask for an ID now. Typically I send a tear sheet, link to my website, ID and some other random information like a business card or invoice from a  gig.

I've also heard VERY good things about working for NARS, and hopefully that applies to the entire corporation of Shiseido. They make phenomenal products and I can only imagine the commission people at the counters make, I love NARS! Their Laguna bronzer and Dual-Intensity palette are my staples in my kit.

Feb 21 15 07:27 am Link