Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Mermaid bikini or a lot of shell neclaces

Photographer

MCmodeling

Sonora, California, US

I'm looking at doing a mermaid photo shoot this summer and trying to find a mermaid bikini that doesn't look cheesy or just plain bad. Also thought about using a bunch of shell necklaces if I can find some that don't coast a lot. Any suggestions?

Mar 05 15 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

kelp

Mar 05 15 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

https://www.ancientresource.com/images/jewelry/persian_coin_necklace.jpg

items recovered from shipwrecks

Mar 05 15 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

https://cdnpix.com/show/imgs/e33b2449236a1976cde05959a952376a.jpg

beach glass

Mar 05 15 04:45 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

MCPHOTO wrote:
I'm looking at doing a mermaid photo shoot this summer and trying to find a mermaid bikini that doesn't look cheesy or just plain bad. Also thought about using a bunch of shell necklaces if I can find some that don't coast a lot. Any suggestions?

Maybe you could use the model's hair (if she has long hair/ or a long wig) instead.

Are you going to use a mermaid fin?

Mar 05 15 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

MCmodeling

Sonora, California, US

Alannah The Stylist wrote:

Maybe you could use the model's hair (if she has long hair/ or a long wig) instead.

Are you going to use a mermaid fin?

Like the kelp Idea.

No I'm going to digitally do the fin and all that. But since it will be at a public beach can't go topless and less editing it i don't have them just wear a regular bikini.

Mar 05 15 05:14 pm Link

Mar 05 15 11:28 pm Link

Body Painter

JZino

Buffalo, New York, US

Run a google search for wholesale shells. You can get those cheap cowry shell necklaces by the Lot.

Mar 10 15 08:07 am Link

Makeup Artist

Ronnie D

Austin, Texas, US

At my dollar tree they sell little bags of decorative shells. Maybe use an awl to put an hole in each then string them together.

Mar 10 15 08:18 am Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Years ago I did a photo series, The Daughters  of Poseidon.  I took twelve models and all were naked for the waste up.  I used shells, sea weed, makeup and  cleverly placed hands and arms of the models.  We built tails from fabric.  The hair also got attention with coral, shells, and what not.  Hire a makeup artist.  Work with them for your concept.  Two of the images are on my mm page.  I would link them or even place a link to my google plus page for the others but I don't know how!  ugh... R-

Mar 11 15 05:53 am Link