Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Where can I get a good foundation palette?

Makeup Artist

Makeup by Omayra

Orlando, Florida, US

I'm now a Florida licensed Esthetician and I want to specialize in makeup artistry. I need to rebuild my makeup kit and I'm having a hard time finding a good place to get a quality foundation palette. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Mar 05 15 05:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KathyAragon

Washington, District of Columbia, US

RCMA is awesome. It covers like a dream, looks like skin and can stay dewey or be set easily with something like Kett pressed powder which doesn't get cakey. I use the RCMA palettes that come in the LimeLight by Alcone makeup kit. It comes with the most popular 12 colors in bigger pans so you don't have a lot of colors you aren't using and you can easily mix.

Mar 06 15 04:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

This.^^^ Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer and Maqpro are also other great options. For liquids, Face Atelier and MUFE HD and MAC F&B are good choices. Honestly, if you learn to work with them and add things to them when necessary to alter the finish, you could get by just fine with KA OR RCMA OR Maqpro and either FA or MUFE HD. I like keeping one cream option and one liquid option at all times unless I know the skin I'm working with. All three of the creams mentioned and FA can be used full strength as concealers/correctors as well, which saves kit space. All of these except MAC F&B and I believe MUFE HD are sold with a pro discount at camerareadycosmetics.com

Mar 06 15 09:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

MeganCalfoMakeup

Los Angeles, California, US

RCMA Shinto and Ko palettes. You could buy it online at Frends and you should get a discount, only around $100 with discount. These are professional grade foundations, there's certain methods of how to use the product. Just do some research. For example, it's important to always warm up the product by mixing it around on a palette until it's creamy, before applying to the skin. There are also different ways of diluting the product to get different levels of coverage. The foundations are highly pigmented and can also be used as concealers.

Bobbi Browns foundation palette is also stunning! It consists of her foundation sticks, concealers and correctors. Retails around $250, unsure if you get the 40% off discount. I think you can get this online, on her website. However you can find the nearest Bobbi Brown counter and test out her foundation sticks, concealers and correctors to see how you like them.

I would try out RCMA and Bobbi Brown to see which formulas you like the best.

Hope this helps!

Mar 11 15 03:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Raychie Loves Makeup

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Go to Mary's website, www.camerareadycosmetics.com, and check out what she has. I actually got a very reasonably-priced starter kit from there--frankly, you can't put together a better starter kit for the money. (Note: You will need to get at least one other eyeshadow palette on top of the one provided, but I recommend doing that after you see the one included, as this will vary based on your clientele.)

If you just need a foundation palette, try out the RCMA palettes from the same site. Irreplaceable, I tell you.

Good luck, and happy shopping! big_smile

Mar 12 15 11:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup by Omayra

Orlando, Florida, US

Thanks for the suggestions! I just want to make sure I use industry standard products smile

Mar 29 15 07:56 am Link

Makeup Artist

Susan Brophy

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

i just love the mehron celebre Hd palette
http://camerareadycosmetics.com/product … lette.html

its so good
oil free ,
great for sensitive skin,
really creamy ,
i love love love smile
oh btw I love it :p