Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > University Portfolio HELP!!

Makeup Artist

lauraboonmakeup

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom

Hi., I was just womderin if someone out there could help me with my university portfolio
We have been asked to bring in drawings and research?
I was wondering if anyone who knows more about this could expand as I am extremely confused as to what they are looking for exactly??

Thankyou! X

Mar 22 15 01:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Wigs and Makeup Allison

Costa Mesa, California, US

Are you applying to get into university or are you already there, trying to put together a portfolio of your work?

Mar 23 15 03:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

lauraboonmakeup

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom

Wigs and Makeup Allison wrote:
Are you applying to get into university or are you already there, trying to put together a portfolio of your work?

I am applying 😊

Mar 24 15 03:02 am Link

Photographer

MikeW

Cape Canaveral, Florida, US

Talk to some first or second year students to get advice.

Mar 24 15 10:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

Wigs and Makeup Allison

Costa Mesa, California, US

Great, thanks for clarifying.

I am a university professor in the United States.  I think what they are asking for when they ask for drawings is both face charts you have made for makeup you have done, and also any other kind of drawing you have.  Universities are looking to see what kind of artistic talent you have.  Any kind of artwork will show that you have the ability to highlight, shadow, and sculpt a face.  i have looked at everything from sketches to painting to sculpture to knitting to try and judge a students artistic eye and hand.

Research would be a collection of images showing where you got the inspiration for your ideas.  Not unlike a Pinterest board.  Universities are usually looking for knowledge of the industry, understanding of history/art/fashion, and the ability to search specific topics.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. :-)

Mar 25 15 07:38 am Link