Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Best barrier cream for eczema under makeup?

Makeup Artist

Dashee La Maquilleuse

London, England, United Kingdom

Hello,

I have a performer with eczema who requires a barrier cream.

Do you know which is the best under makeup?

Thank you for your tips!

Apr 15 15 04:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

SherryHarkisan

Leicester, England, United Kingdom

Dashee La Maquilleuse wrote:
Hello,

I have a performer with eczema who requires a barrier cream.

Do you know which is the best under makeup?

Thank you for your tips!

Hi there!

I have eczema around my eyes now and then. I have tried numerous products over the years and I now swear by Aveeno! It is the best moisturiser I have found and the one I reach for without hesitation when I need to put some makeup on (and when I dont). It has very good moisturising performance which is the main problem with eczema and it also does not soak away to nothing when applied. It leaves a nice moisturised feeling over the whole day and I find it a brilliant alternative to primer as it sits nicely under liquid or cream foundations (I also mix foundation into a bit of it for a sheer finish if I want a polished look but don't want to try too hard). You can add a silicon based primer for added smoothness (and that barrier-esc feeling), this will create a nice canvas but definitely need a nice moisturiser before priming and Aveeno is formulated with Eczema/dry skin in mind! I have dry patches and an oily t-zone and Aveeno works brilliantly all over without the need for primer or different products for the different symtpoms.

Haha - just read this back - I sound like I am on commission!!

Apr 15 15 08:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

In this situation I really like to use Paula's Choice daytime moisturizer with SPF 50 from her Resist line. It has wonderful skin care ingredients, no fragrance or other yuckies that might irritate skin that's already over-sensitive, it's light feeling but is a wonderful barrier for skin and looks beautiful under makeup. No flash back at all with the SPF.

Apr 16 15 01:00 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dashee La Maquilleuse

London, England, United Kingdom

Thank you Ladies!

I have done some research and ordered the Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré Nourishing Moisturiser

It feels amazing and is endorsed by all makeup artists, It is a bit pricey, but I feel it is worth every penny spent.

I will also try the products you have suggested.

Thank you big_smile xxx

Apr 17 15 03:30 pm Link