Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Val Garland Interview

Makeup Artist

SamChapman

London, England, United Kingdom

My sister and I were lucky enough to get an interview with Val Garland. She tells some great stories and gives some great advice. Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZ1PNJ2n5A
She's amazing.

...And stupidly, I forgot to mention that she is running a 3 month online course called Mastered. It's all about the forgotten skills of makeup and how to take your work to the next level. There is also the chance to get your work featured in i-d.

Apr 18 15 01:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

ShannonJennings MUA

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Watching the Val Garland interview now <3

Apr 18 15 02:23 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

SamChapman wrote:
...an interview with Val Garland....She's amazing...

Agreed!  Concur entirely on her thoughts on what she would look for in choosing an assistant...  Speed and Doing Skin...  This is exactly what the agencies in my market look for also...

That said, the second link to a pitch for a $1.350 0n-line makeup course is ridiculous, laughable and absurd.... 
Pure SPAM...  Yes one can certainly benefit from YouTube Makeup Videos, but on-line learning at that outrageous fee is ludicrous

Sorry Sam the Mayhem Stylist Forum is not an appropriate platform to promote this type of venture... While I realize you're a YouTube Guru and this is the norm in that venue, thankfully Mayhem is above the rampart promotional kickback schemes which abound on the YouTube Beauty Channels...

Enough said...

Apr 18 15 08:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Maria Palermo

New York, New York, US

SO stupidly excited for the Mastered course! and to hear what you, your sister, Val, Vivienne, etc. all have to say and teach us! GAHHH!!!!!!! big_smile

May 07 15 09:23 am Link