Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > MUFE HD Foundation packaging issues

Makeup Artist

Makeup Art by Tamara

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Does anyone dislike MUFE HD Foundation bottles as much as I do? The black flimsy tops never stay on, causing the inside of my Zuca bag to look like a foundation hurricane happened. It might be a bear to pump all of that liquid into a better container, plus I'll lose product that way. Suggestions? I've tried tape. No good. Thanks!

Apr 19 15 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Makeup Art by Tamara wrote:
...flimsy tops never stay on, causing the inside of my Zuca bag to look like a foundation hurricane happened...

Tamara, I feel your pain...  Yes I've had to deal with packaging disasters one too many times...

Quick and dirty "fix"?  Zip Lock plastic baggies... the good news is they are transparent a.k.a. see through which helps... the down side they look unprofessional, i.e. tacky and have a limited usability life...

My solution?  I've found that seal-able plastic containers work best...  Office Depot, Staples etc. offer a wide variety in all sizes and even some which are color "tinited"   My fav is Really Useful Boxes® Plastic Storage Box  which are available in a HUGE array of sizes...  In fact when I started doing location airbrush this was my cherished choice to carry my TEMPTU S/B product...  the bottles fit perfectly in the containers and gave a polished professional look to my Kit...

Enter my Zuca Pro Artist rolling case... I have found the ideal Rigid, Stack-able replacement for Zuca's collapsible inserts which I never ever was a fan of... Unbelievably at Michaels...  They are clear with tinted blue removable compartments...  And the are precisely the same size as Zuca's inserts!  I bought an entire spare set since I have found them magnificent!

btw, Since you have a Zuca please consider upgrading to their LED Flashing Wheels I've livened up so many venues making a grand entrance with those twinkly colorful fireworks... they have allowed me to strike up conversations wherever I go....  Besides these are an excellent safety feature when working at night... A black Zuca (most Artist choose Black) is really hard to see in the dark... Flashing LED's change that dynamic instantly...

Oh, the very worst packaging I've encountered was with OCC Lip Tars...  they inadvertently would leak at their end seal.... talk about the cleanup job from hell... Lip Tars are stains... there is absolutely no way to get them out of fabric... enough said...

Hope this helps...
All the best on your journey....

Apr 20 15 07:24 am Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup Art by Tamara

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Great ideas, thank you!

Apr 20 15 10:41 am Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

I usually use elastic bands/hair ties to wrap around the bottle to help seal it off (assuming the design allows for that) and stick problem packages in a plastic bag separate from the rest of my things.

For really problematic creams, lotions, etc, I've gone as far as having transferred them to different, better containers.

Apr 21 15 05:44 am Link