Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Long Wear Dewy/Dry Skin Suitable Foundations (FA?)

Makeup Artist

TheBeautyJunkie

New York, New York, US

So at The Makeup Show NY the other day, I picked up a tube of the new Face Atelier Ultra Skin foundation, which I was told is still silicone based like their regular Ultra foundation, but has a more of a matte finish.

The new foundation has less coverage than the original FA foundation, but did stay on throughout the day, which I found to be different than the original which I find on me (combo dry skin) to only last about 4 hours before my mild acne scarring shows through.

I'm in the market for some new foundations, specifically for bridal and photography, with more of a dewy finish.  I picked up a few of the new FA foundations for their natural looking matte finish because I figured they'd perform really well for film and people who want a more matte, natural looking makeup.   The other foundations I found that I liked the finish of was the It Cosmetics CC cream which has a surprising amount of coverage but doesn't add a thick layer of makeup to the skin.  It has a really pretty dewy sheen like the FA.  Same problem though, doesn't stay on as long.  I also love the Nars Sheer Glow, which I wear myself pretty often and love the natural looking finish of, but the price point is a bit more of an investment than I'm ready for right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a foundation that would be more suitable to a more mature clientele/dry skinned client? Or just anyone that wants that beautiful dewy finish that will last all day?

Or if you have a way of using the FA original foundation that I'm just not aware of that makes it last longer, please let me know. XD

May 10 15 09:07 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

Hmmm...I've never had that problem with FA original breaking down. It's silicone based, so should last a long time and for me it does. I've only seen it break down on super oily people after extended wear. I prep with Embryolisse moisturizer (24 or the one for dry skin), then NF anti-shine if they are oily or Clarins FB if they aren't.

MUFE HD is another silicone based, long wear liquid that you can achieve a dewy finish with. I prep under that the same way as the FA.

I don't know if you're open to creams, but it's very easy to achieve a dewy finish with Graftobian HD. It's not good for oily clients, though. RCMA is my go-to cream and it can be sheered down. I've sprayed CS Moisture Spray over it at the end of a makeup to bring it back to life too, and gotten a dewy finish with the addition of PawPaw or something similar like the RMS shine stuff, don't remember the name. The clear kind.

May 11 15 05:57 am Link