Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > All the sweat proof things needed!

Makeup Artist

Wigs and Makeup Allison

Costa Mesa, California, US

I am working on an outdoor production of Hairspray.  The actor who will be playing Edna sweats A LOT.

I am looking for product recommendations that you all have found to have the best staying power.  I am particularly interested in foundation, eye liner, and mascara.

I have considered using alcohol activated makeup, but I am concerned about using it around the eyes.

Thanks in advance!

May 11 15 08:36 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

I use Sweat Stop under body paint.... works VERY well.

HOWEVER, I have had it change the color of water-based airbrush bodypaint, so as with the first time using any new product, Test, Test, Test.

http://www.paintandpowderstore.com/prod … mp;cat=202
(BTW, this is just the first link that came up. I bought mind from a Frends if memory serves.)

May 12 15 11:25 am Link

Makeup Artist

Wigs and Makeup Allison

That's very helpful, thank you!

May 12 15 05:15 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Wigs and Makeup Allison

Bumping in case anyone has more tips!

May 15 15 08:08 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

Hi Allison,

I second the MD product recc'd. above, it works like a charm, better than Mehron's even. For foundation on really sweaty dancers I haven't had a problem with using RCMA or Graftobian and setting with heavy amounts of BN powder since it has anti-perspirant in it and really pressing it into the skin, then Final Sealing the shit out of it in 2-3 layers with dry time in between. But I've done the alcohol thing too and I just put the creams mentioned above around the eyes and that worked fine. For eyeliner on sweaty stage people I LOVE Stila's Smudge Sticks and waterproof liquid pen liner. Both are waterproof, and I've never had one run, ever. Both come in a variety of colors, too. The pen's white and black versions are truly white and black, so they are fantastic for stage. For mascara I just use good old Great Lash waterproof. Have fun, that's such a fun show to do!

May 20 15 04:13 am Link