Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > How much time required for hairstyling+ makeup

Hair Stylist

Ivyloujacobs

Seattle, Washington, US

Hello, I am curious about how much time I should require for a special occasion style (up do) and a full face of makeup.   If it takes me 45 minutes per up do and about 50 minutes per face, for a bridal party of 6 people, that's a lot of time!! How can I possibly do it?  Should I hire an assistant for parties exceeding a certain size?  Or should I just get faster at applying a full face?  Usually bridal parties only give me about 3 or 4 hours to do everyone,  and I'm adding makeup as one of the services I offer,  how can I possibly do everyone's hair and makeup in such a short amount of time???

May 19 15 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

Ivyloujacobs wrote:
Hello, I am curious about how much time I should require for a special occasion style (up do) and a full face of makeup.   If it takes me 45 minutes per up do and about 50 minutes per face, for a bridal party of 6 people, that's a lot of time!! How can I possibly do it?  Should I hire an assistant for parties exceeding a certain size?  Or should I just get faster at applying a full face?  Usually bridal parties only give me about 3 or 4 hours to do everyone,  and I'm adding makeup as one of the services I offer,  how can I possibly do everyone's hair and makeup in such a short amount of time???

45 + 50 = 1 hr & 35 minutes per. person? That comes to 8 hr's & 10 minutes for 6 customers. It looks like you might need a total of two on the hair and two on the Make up. It wise for you to work what you are best at.  My 0.2

May 19 15 10:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SherryHarkisan

Leicester, England, United Kingdom

Ivyloujacobs wrote:
Hello, I am curious about how much time I should require for a special occasion style (up do) and a full face of makeup.   If it takes me 45 minutes per up do and about 50 minutes per face, for a bridal party of 6 people, that's a lot of time!!

Hiya

I have a bridal party of 5 women plus hair on 3 little girl bridesmaids and I have had to find someone to help me with it. I take the same time as you for hair and makeup

May 20 15 07:04 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Ivyloujacobs wrote:
If it takes me 45 minutes per up do and about 50 minutes per face, for a bridal party of 6 people, that's a lot of time!! How can I possibly do it?  Should I hire an assistant for parties exceeding a certain size?  Or should I just get faster at applying a full face?

50 minutes for a good wedding make-up is too long. most MUA will do one face in 15-20 minutes. combing out and up do shouldn't take 45 (without complicated braids & curling). once you get beyond 3-4 people you will need an assistant or 2nd mua.

constant practice and efficient planning is a must.

May 21 15 07:46 pm Link