Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

since it seems harder and harder to get along with you, or in fact just get anything done correctly and in time wherever you seem to be involved, and since you do actually make up a shockingly large proportion of today's workforce, I have taken the liberty to share this with the members of society who have to put up with you, and to make our lives in the workplace a bit more bearable.

You're welcome.

(a friend sent me this, he is the CEO of his own company and frequently describes what goes on with a  particular project, that has only a certain demographic of people working on it...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8

lol

(of course not all are the same, please take with a grain of salt, it is comedy!)

Mar 19 16 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Grind them into tankage and feed sharks?

Sell them into slavery before they are 12?

Banish them into caves to eat sticks and dirt?

I am trying to be helpful. big_smile

Mar 19 16 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

See? I was right not to have children...

Mar 19 16 02:37 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

+ soooo much!

Mar 19 16 03:09 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Grind them into tankage and feed sharks?

Sell them into slavery before they are 12?

Banish them into caves to eat sticks and dirt?

I am trying to be helpful. big_smile

My friend suggested a taser...take one down, make an example of it..

Mar 19 16 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Must Not Cripple Economy. I'm glad I'm retired.

Mar 19 16 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Dea and the Beast wrote:

My friend suggested a taser...take one down, make an example of it..

They are all individuals, they won't believe it could happen to them.

Give them ALL a taser and a dollar for each time they tase each other. Then they will learn.

https://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/000/507/dont-tase-me-bro-4.jpg

Mar 19 16 05:16 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Shadow Dancer wrote:

They are all individuals, they won't believe it could happen to them.

Give them ALL a taser and a dollar for each time they tase each other. Then they will learn.

You

Are

Billiant!

Coincidentally, the NYTimes did their bit on the dear creatures yesterday. ..

Mar 20 16 06:51 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Dea and the Beast wrote:

You

Are

Billiant!

Coincidentally, the NYTimes did their bit on the dear creatures yesterday. ..

Is billion sort of like flatulent? big_smile

When I was their age, we used to have to walk 14 miles through the snow, uphill both ways, if we wanted to get tased.
These kids today, they don't know how easy they have it, getting tased whenever they want. tongue

https://45.media.tumblr.com/2de2703f1084c6aa6946287b69c0fc70/tumblr_nayxc8konj1qd8br9o4_r2_500.gif

Mar 20 16 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

LOL!
that video is pretty spot on:

my millennial ex GF text me this morning around 10:30am when she woke up (because time doesnt exist before 10am) asking if i wanted to go get an iced coffee with her (just like they mention in the video) before she came up for a creative excuse to not go into work (also just like in the video!) Now shes doing homework or studying whatever college thing behind me on my couch while i edit photos and read MM.

I guess I qualify as the tail end of Gen X?
I think my class was the last to graduate high school at a time (late 90's) when not everyone had a computer and almost no one at that age had/needed a cell phone.
such a perfect innocent time when privacy still existed but technology could be had if desired smile

ETA:
i had her watch the video. she thought it was sad (because its true)
then she told me she quit one of her online classes she had a exam in, because it was too hard.
'it wasnt what she thought it would be.' (again like in the video when dude quit his job)
lol i love her though!

doesn't everyone in all generations have slackers?
it's just now at this time in the world that everyone wants things / results instantly.

Mar 20 16 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I work with many millennials that are able to hold down a job, get to work on time, not goof off at work, and generally make a positive contribution to society, at least durning work hours. All of them are active-duty enlisted military. I think we have the solution to the problem!!!

Mar 20 16 04:15 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I like Millennials a lot. I find them smart, environmentally aware, conscientious about how how they eat and live. Oh, and I haven't had to pay anyone to fix my computer in years. I can always find some kid who'll tell me what parts I need, then install whatever it is for me for $20.

Mar 20 16 05:06 pm Link

Model

Koryn

https://youtu.be/C1a6M3dBNwc

Someone made a response video.

Mar 20 16 05:19 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Ditto that.

Mar 20 16 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Koryn wrote:
I like Millennials a lot. I find them smart, environmentally aware, conscientious about how how they eat and live. Oh, and I haven't had to pay anyone to fix my computer in years. I can always find some kid who'll tell me what parts I need, then install whatever it is for me for $20.

Dang it!!

We got us a perfectly good little hate thread goin' on in here, with tasers and everything and then you come along bein' all sensible and reasonable and such-like.

I spoze we spozed to just be nice to folks or at least keep all our vitriolistical speechifyin' to ourselves or somethin'?

Ain't no fun in that whatsoever. sad

big_smile

Mar 20 16 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

Dea and the Beast wrote:
(of course not all are the same, please take with a grain of salt, it is comedy!)

It's was like a documentary to me smile

Mar 21 16 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Koryn wrote:
I like Millennials a lot. I find them smart, environmentally aware, conscientious about how how they eat and live.....

sounds like you're describing yourself because:
YOU ARE A MILLENIAL!!!

plot twist.

Mar 21 16 08:06 am Link

Model

Jacquelyn Marie

Most millenials are a product of the iPhone generation and technology that the older folks created. Just sayin'.

Mar 21 16 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Jacquelyn Marie wrote:
Most millenials are a product of the iPhone generation and technology that the older folks created. Just sayin'.

it's just people that were born after 1980;
someone who became a legal adult back around the year 2000.

Mar 21 16 08:15 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Paolo Diavolo wrote:

YOU ARE A MILLENIAL!!!

plot twist.

I'm on the cusp of both..genX and that...1983.  Year of diet coke and CDs

Mar 21 16 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Dea and the Beast wrote:

I'm on the cusp of both..genX and that...1983.  Year of diet coke and CDs

Hmmm....

Sauce for the goose?

Mar 21 16 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Is good, they can make munnies and give to meeeee!!!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in- … -old-term/

Mar 21 16 09:55 pm Link

Clothing Designer

CottonCandie

Why can't we call lazy dolts, for what they are... Slackers.  Or just flush those parasites from the environment?

I recall Douglass Adams writing about shipping off an entire population of these types off the planet in one of his books as a last ditch effort to save the species..

Mar 22 16 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

CottonCandie wrote:
Why can't we call lazy dolts, for what they are... Slackers.  Or just flush those parasites from the environment?

I recall Douglass Adams writing about shipping off an entire population of these types off the planet in one of his books as a last ditch effort to save the species..

Humanity deserves to perish.

Allowing them to live is the cruelest punishment I can think of at the moment.

If we must relocate them, I vote we move them all to the Bay Area, put a big fence around it and re-name it the Millenial Zoo. Normal people can come and look at them, we'll charge them $5 and use the money to feed the animals gruel and scraps.

big_smile

Mar 22 16 11:43 am Link

Clothing Designer

CottonCandie

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Millenial Zoo.

big_smile

Coming soon to a billboard near Google...

Mar 22 16 01:56 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
YOU ARE A MILLENIAL!!!

plot twist.

Aren't Millennials up to 30? I'm 33, and the culture I grew up in was far different from what people in their 20s today grew up with. I grew up in southern Appalachia in the 90s. I started college in the year 2000. Where my parents live, there is still no internet service, no sidewalks, nothing. There has never been cell phone service in the "holler" where I grew up.

Most families in my area did not have multiple television stations, or any television, and the only kids who had video games came from affluent "in town" families. That was true through the time I finished high school.

As a result, I identify more with Gen X culture, and tend to have more in common with that side of time, in terms of cultural milieu. For the most part, I often prefer socializing with people in their early 20s than I do with people my own age. Women my own age tend to have "mommy brain," are obsessed with every shit their babies take, and are constantly pregnant or talking about Dora the Explorer and Blues Clues. I don't have kids, and even if I did, I doubt I'd be overly obsessed with poop.

Mar 22 16 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Koryn wrote:

Aren't Millennials up to 30? I'm 33, and the culture I grew up in was far different from what people in their 20s today grew up with. I grew up in southern Appalachia in the 90s. I started college in the year 2000. Where my parents live, there is still no internet service, no sidewalks, nothing. There has never been cell phone service in the "holler" where I grew up.

Most families in my area did not have multiple television stations, or any television, and the only kids who had video games came from affluent "in town" families. That was true through the time I finished high school.

As a result, I identify more with Gen X culture, and tend to have more in common with that side of time, in terms of cultural milieu. For the most part, I often prefer socializing with people in their early 20s than I do with people my own age. Women my own age tend to have "mommy brain," are obsessed with every shit their babies take, and are constantly pregnant or talking about Dora the Explorer and Blues Clues. I don't have kids, and even if I did, I doubt I'd be overly obsessed with poop.

You could be borned just about anytime and anywhere and still be unique-ified. First of all, you's sensible-like and that ain't hardly a natural born trait of most humankind whatsoever. Then besides that y'all row your own boat in your own ocean. We gonna have to differentiate you from the common folk on account you jest ain't ridin' the same tricycle.

Not sure about this anti-poop-obsession idear though, It just don't seem right. tongue

Mar 22 16 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Koryn wrote:

from wiki:
Generation X, commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is the generation born after the Western Post–World War II baby boom. Most demographers and commentators use birth dates ranging from the early 1960s to the early 1980s

Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation or Generation Y are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when the generation starts and ends; most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.

Mar 22 16 10:55 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

^^^ I will stick with Gen X anytime.
83... Early 80s.

From what Koryn said I will agree to (mostly): I had no tv growing up, I didn't have regular access to the internet until I was 22, let alone gaming consoles, but I prefer to hang out with people 10+ years my senior.

I have little patience for young ones. (unless they're 'mature for their age', and even then they don't get half the references I make, since I'm used to hanging with the older crowd)

Also I will differentiate myself through my work ethic thank you very much. smile

Mar 23 16 02:42 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Humanity deserves to perish.

Allowing them to live is the cruelest punishment I can think of at the moment.

If we must relocate them, I vote we move them all to the Bay Area, put a big fence around it and re-name it the Millenial Zoo. Normal people can come and look at them, we'll charge them $5 and use the money to feed the animals gruel and scraps.

big_smile

... I can pet the pretty ones?? big_smile

Mar 23 16 02:44 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Dea and the Beast wrote:

... I can pet the pretty ones?? big_smile

Next thing you know, they will be living at your house, eating all your Cheetos and complaining about how everybody is mean to them.

All cats are gray in the dark.

Mar 23 16 09:58 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Next thing you know, they will be living at your house, eating all your Cheetos and complaining about how everybody is mean to them.

All cats are gray in the dark.

Yup. I have one.
Cheetos-eating complainer, that is.  A very pretty one. Let's me pet him an' all..

cats I have much more of..

Mar 28 16 09:00 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Dea and the Beast wrote:

Yup. I have one.
Cheetos-eating complainer, that is.  A very pretty one. Let's me pet him an' all..

cats I have much more of..

Was a quote from Benjamin Franklin - "All cats are grey in the dark".

It means "many of us are way prettier if you turn the lights off."

Most Americans don't get it either, carry on. smile

Mar 28 16 09:34 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Was a quote from Benjamin Franklin - "All cats are grey in the dark".

It means "many of us are way prettier if you turn the lights off."

Most Americans don't get it either, carry on. smile

I...got nothing.

Mar 28 16 09:53 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Dea and the Beast wrote:

I...got nothing.

He was famous for screwing all sorts of girlies. Obscure, especially for an exotic Austrian import. tongue

I bet you have some awesome colloquialisms that might fly right past me.
Maybe not though, Grandpa and Grandma came from a German village in whatever they call Yugoslavia now just after the Archduke Ferdinand was shot.

He used to say "Shit in your hat then wear it", I always liked that one.

Mar 28 16 10:32 am Link