Makeup Artist

Natalie Louise Ford

Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom

Does anybody use this and does it work as both moisturiser and a primer, or do you apply a primer over it? I've read mixed things, any tips for working with it will be greatly appreciated big_smile xxx

Apr 15 16 03:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

muasunny

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Natalie Louise Ford wrote:
Does anybody use this and does it work as both moisturiser and a primer, or do you apply a primer over it? I've read mixed things, any tips for working with it will be greatly appreciated big_smile xxx

I tried using this in the past as moisturiser before applying foundation but found that sometimes does not sit well together.  I find it a little thick.

Apr 15 16 09:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Natalie Louise Ford

Thanks for your reply Ive been using it for a little while now and love it, however on one particular client who was very oily with quite large pores it seemed to be a no go and my foundation (Bobbi Brown stick foundation) would not work with it, it separated on the skin, lesson learned! I have never used a primer over it and wondered how well it would work.xxx

Apr 16 16 04:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

Skin that is properly prepped and cared for requires no primer generally. I use Embryolisse HydraMat on oily clients. If they are extremely oily I will use Mehron Anti-Shine. Kiehl's also makes an oil controlling toner and moisturizer that are lovely and I often use those instead of the Embryolisse HM on oily clients/talent. Primers are not needed most times, but if I do use them I love Veil Cosmetics Primer (sunset something or other, the pink one), the Mehron I mentioned for oil, NF's Blot Out for just slightly oily to spot control, or the MUFE step one primer. But really, just prep the skin properly and you should be fine.

Apr 16 16 08:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

Natalie Louise Ford

Thank you for the recommendations! I used it again on the same client (bridal) this morning and avoided her nose where she was most oily, I used benefit porefessional over the nose and cheeks and the outcome was perfect! big_smile thank you again for your help! big_smile xxx

Apr 17 16 07:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

esztergalambos

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

i use it all the time on dry/normal skin. it's very thick so avoid it on oily clients. it can be used as a mask also, apply it thick on dry patches, leave it on for a few minutes then wipe off the excess. it can do miracles:)

Apr 20 16 01:29 am Link