Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Car Insurance that doesnt cost a bajillion dollars

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Not that anyone will remember; I made a thread asking pretty much the same thing about 4 years ago, but I'm not going to bump it and edit the first post to update and cause chaos to the time space continuum so here we go again:

Because MM is my source for everything, I ask of you good people:
Whats the best *cough*cheapest*cough* car insurance company that is decent?

I have Farmers right now (you're welcome for the song).
I'm paying a little over $3000 a year; but I have 3 cars all with full coverage.
No points currently on my record.

I need to update my policy because I might switch around the way I use my vehicles; which one is "primary", "secondary" and (giggity) "pleasure" use. I just took one out of storage after 6 years, and got current registration for it this week.
Yippy skippy!

May 07 16 12:12 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Would depend on what You're driving, how much You drive and Your driving record.

State Farm works for Me

Check Your current coverage, You may be paying for things You don't need.

May 07 16 02:53 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

yeah state farm for me also.I pay it all at once every year and am done with it.

May 07 16 07:08 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I have incredibly cheap coverage for my area, through GEICO. But, a large part of the reason mine is so low is because I have a clean driving record. Most people, at least around here, do not - and seem to pay in general, far more than I do.

May 07 16 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Koryn wrote:
I have incredibly cheap coverage for my area, through GEICO. But, a large part of the reason mine is so low is because I have a clean driving record. Most people, at least around here, do not - and seem to pay in general, far more than I do.

you are also female, and drive a reasonable vehicle.
i am a dumb boy addicted to fast shiny things and must have them at any cost.
2 of my three cars have tuuuuurboooos. one shoots fire out of the back, one doesn't have a roof, and the other has carbon fiber interior.

when i see a sign in a neighborhood that says:
"Drive like your kids live here"
i misinterpret the intentions of such a sign and i try to show off to impress the neighborhood kids (not really).
Because if I had a little boy he'd probably brag to his friends that his Daddy is a stunt driver and has cool cars.

When I was a little boy I'd watch Dukes of Hazard, The A-Team, and Knight Rider.
The TV made me do it!
I never grew up.

https://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Gt+when+you+hear+22lr+is+in+stock+in+your+town+_06e7f6fef7f837bd9972a7a6a649a6bb.gif (i know that gif is the movie, not the old TV show)

https://www.gifmania.co.uk/TV-Series-Animated-Gifs/Animated-Action-Tv-Series/The-A-Team/A-Team-Van-67594.gif

https://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3309528/knight-rider-o.gif

May 07 16 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

I've had USAA since the early 1970s. It's reasonably priced but ridiculously generous in its reliability and customer service.

But membership is available only to current and former members of the military (and their dependents), IIRC.

May 09 16 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
Because MM is my source for everything, I ask of you good people:
Whats the best *cough*cheapest*cough* car insurance company that is decent?

I have Farmers right now (you're welcome for the song).
I'm paying a little over $3000 a year; but I have 3 cars all with full coverage.
No points currently on my record.

Wow. I pay ~300 bucks (cad, so it's like 250 USD) a year for one car through wawanesa insurance...never had to make any claims, no points on my record. Never had any issues with them. I've heard some people have cheaper so I'm not really sure if you can compare that to what you have (3 likely very sporty cars) .. but 3k sounds high. There are a lot of factors they consider I guess..also, I have a feeling Canadian insurance is likely a lot cheaper than American..

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
i am a dumb boy addicted to fast shiny things and must have them at any cost.
2 of my three cars have tuuuuurboooos. one shoots fire out of the back, one doesn't have a roof, and the other has carbon fiber interior.

The TV made me do it!
I never grew up.

...oh....
yeah, good luck

May 09 16 02:04 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Depends on where you live. My insurance with geico, state farm, and farmers were all different between CA and MD. Someone elses cheapest company or cheapest plan with said company, wont be yours.

May 09 16 02:09 pm Link