Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > first time bodybuilding competition

Model

mardiboy

Corby, England, United Kingdom

hi I am doing my first year of a bodybuilding competition and would like to know peoples thoughts on my physique. Especially from any fellow bodybuilders on here. I am in the new comers category. I have 2 and a half weeks to go so if you could look at my pictures and give me your thoughts that would great. Thanku

May 18 16 12:25 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

mardiboy wrote:
...your thoughts?

mardiboy while you have achieved an excellent physique your Mayhem book doesn't reflect the same level of excellence in the photographic arts...

This bears witness to your dedication and is likely one of the stronger images in your book...

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/160522/14/574221d18e07d.jpg

Albeit the background is somewhat of a distraction...

Please consider doing studio sessions which allows illumination to be highly refined and oft there are makeup artist in the mix to apply body oil which enhances sheen on the skin's surface and reveals the deep carvings in muscularity...  Have done a number of such sessions and through experience now prefer Neutrogena Body Oil (light sesame formula)

Best advice would be to enlist the talent of a commercial photographer who is competent in physique and fitness genre... Body building is a rather limited market however fitness fashion is a very fast growing market here across the pond...

Keep in mind that fitness fashion is about selling garments not the model nor the sport of bodybuilding...

Congrats on your amazing physique... keep up the good work!

May 27 16 03:24 pm Link