Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Looking for portfolio critique

Photographer

Amb Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hello, currently I direct all my models as to how to pose and make suggestions to fine tune each pose, afterwards I do all post processing myself. I am looking for critique in regards to composition, posing, use of light, basically I would like to know what you find flawed, and what you like.

Jun 16 16 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Aiken, South Carolina, US

Generally, your compositions are lacking.  You pretty much shoot everything smack dab in the center.  Work on not clipping off hands and feet,  Your lighting is pretty flat.  The best lighting is the legs on the bed imo. Your use of dof is great in some cases, but you've overdone it in others.

Jun 19 16 01:45 am Link

Photographer

Amb Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Fist Full of Ish wrote:
Generally, your compositions are lacking.  You pretty much shoot everything smack dab in the center.  Work on not clipping off hands and feet,  Your lighting is pretty flat.  The best lighting is the legs on the bed imo. Your use of dof is great in some cases, but you've overdone it in others.

I knew I had lots to improve on in terms of composition, so thank you. As for lighting what suggestions would you have to make images pop more for outdoor portraits? Which pictures specifically do you feel are overdone in terms of dof?

Jun 19 16 11:19 am Link