Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Concealer for Dark Circles for Very Pale Skin?

Wardrobe Stylist

Le Noir Bazaar

Tacoma, Washington, US

First of all I noticed I'm logged into my stylist account but I'm also a make up artist and this question is for the MUAs. Most of the girls I work with have extremely pale skin and I have a terrible time finding a concealer that works for their under eye circles. For medium light to medium skin tones Joe Blasco orange hi light works like a wonder, but it's too dark for my pale porcelain beauties and really only makes things worse.  I work with both Graftobian and RCMA foundations.  Any suggestions for me?

Jun 18 16 07:29 pm Link

Model

Jacquelyn Marie

Boston, Massachusetts, US

NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in the color chantilly is great for pale skin and covers well.

But the best in my opinion is MAC Prolongwear concealer in NW15 or NC15. I'm an MUA and I also use this on my very fair skin. It looks like I got 8+ hours of sleep!

Jun 20 16 08:16 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

I've had a lot of luck with Eve Pearl's Salmon Concealer.

Jun 20 16 11:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Le Noir Bazaar wrote:
...I work with ... RCMA foundations.  Any suggestions for me?

RCMA palettes are so highly pigmented that they easily can be used for concealing dark under eye areas... The VK#11 palette's porcelin &/or Ivory are superb for extremely pale skin...  Obviously you will not want to thin them if using as a concealer...

btw, for special effects RCMA actually has color adjusters... and provides White as an option, albeit in hundreds of faces many of which are extremely pale I've never had an issue using either porcelain or ivory...

But then again I always start with a clean face, prep and prime appropriately with RCMA Prefoundation Lotion... lacking this you'll unlikely meet and/or exceed client expectations...

The moment you start mixing across various vendors products you are on your own... meaning you are a beta tester for whatever you are attempting... for commercial work that is totally unacceptable...

Final thoughts? Have you considered TEMPTU S/B airbrush product? With their color adjustors there is absolutely no issue that can't be effectively addressed and the silky smooth veil coverage is vastly superior to traditional product... I use both and here there is no comparison...

All the best...

Jun 20 16 01:17 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Le Noir Bazaar

Tacoma, Washington, US

Jacquelyn Marie wrote:
NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in the color chantilly is great for pale skin and covers well.

But the best in my opinion is MAC Prolongwear concealer in NW15 or NC15. I'm an MUA and I also use this on my very fair skin. It looks like I got 8+ hours of sleep!

I will try this! Thank you!

Jun 29 16 05:08 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Le Noir Bazaar

Tacoma, Washington, US

ArtistryImage wrote:

RCMA palettes are so highly pigmented that they easily can be used for concealing dark under eye areas... The VK#11 palette's porcelin &/or Ivory are superb for extremely pale skin...  Obviously you will not want to thin them if using as a concealer...

btw, for special effects RCMA actually has color adjusters... and provides White as an option, albeit in hundreds of faces many of which are extremely pale I've never had an issue using either porcelain or ivory...

But then again I always start with a clean face, prep and prime appropriately with RCMA Prefoundation Lotion... lacking this you'll unlikely meet and/or exceed client expectations...

The moment you start mixing across various vendors products you are on your own... meaning you are a beta tester for whatever you are attempting... for commercial work that is totally unacceptable...

Final thoughts? Have you considered TEMPTU S/B airbrush product? With their color adjustors there is absolutely no issue that can't be effectively addressed and the silky smooth veil coverage is vastly superior to traditional product... I use both and here there is no comparison...

All the best...

Thank you!    Some of the girls I work with wear porcelain as their foundation base.  I mean they are vampire pale. lol. I have not gone to airbrush yet. I know I should. I just haven't made the jump.

Jun 29 16 05:11 pm Link

Model

Jacquelyn Marie

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Le Noir Bazaar wrote:

I will try this! Thank you!

You're welcome!

Jun 29 16 09:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Brandi Bravo

San Diego, California, US

I'm a big fan of Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer.  They make every shade under the sun and the coverage is fantastic.

Jul 19 16 11:14 am Link

Model

JuliaRabkin

Rochester, New York, US

Have you tried Nars?

Jul 20 16 11:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

Shirley Compaore

Dallas, Texas, US

Eve Pearl Salmon concelar, Nars and I also like LA concelars.
RCMA foundation can also be used as a concelar.

Dec 14 16 05:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Trelashe

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

It Cosmetics Bye Bye undereye is the best hands down!

Jan 07 17 02:13 pm Link

Model

Megan OKane

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

I love the MAC Studio Conceal and Correct duo -

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/1 … W25_/_NC30

The pink tones cancel out the dark circles and the "pale yellow" brightens up your under-eyes.

Jan 09 17 05:26 am Link