Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > "Too old for this pose, granny"

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

This has to be the most thoughtful image comment I've ever received in over 8 years on this website.

/sarcasm

Jul 22 16 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Da fuk? SERIOUSLY??? Wow. That's... just... WOW. hmm

Jul 22 16 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

i'm pretty sure 99.89 percent of the entire planet would disagree with that sentiment, regardless of the photo that particular person was responding to. sometimes you just have to let the .11 percent have their fun.

Jul 22 16 08:58 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Really??  I hope you leave the comment up and don't delete it, as such a statement can only reflect badly upon the person who left it.  No doubt it's some 20 something who doesn't appreciate the reality of life.

Your work is always amazing, proof that mature women can still model and do sexy, erotic poses.  That happens to be among my favorites that you have done......I would do the same pose in a heartbeat if I thought I could do it as well as you did, but I know there would be no comparison.

Jul 22 16 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

Seiran

Topeka, Kansas, US

Such a rude comment just goes to show the level of maturity some MM members have. sad

Jul 22 16 09:37 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Thanks everyone. I'm not going to lie... It stung a little, but I plan on modeling until people start screaming and running from the room when I take my clothes off. And then I will probably still post naked selfies on Fetlife long after that.

Jul 22 16 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

It's hard to believe someone said that to you.   smile

Jul 22 16 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

MoRina wrote:
Thanks everyone. I'm not going to lie... It stung a little, but I plan on modeling until people start screaming and running from the room when I take my clothes off. And then I will probably still post naked selfies on Fetlife long after that.

pfft. don't sweat it. acknowledging it effects you only buoys the troll. we all know better. you just need to keep doing what you do. smile

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
It's hard to believe someone said that to you.   smile

it's the interwebz. it's not that shocking. mo just needs to let it slide.

Jul 22 16 10:49 pm Link

Jeremiah Cash Caress

Salem, Indiana, US

Hmmm. I've sent a little reminder about our site rules, unsolicited critiques and respect.

Jul 22 16 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I was tempted to tag her profile with "Don't you have any good designs to show". From the comments & listings no one seems to agree with her. Great job!

Jul 22 16 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tropic Light

Kailua, Hawaii, US

A comment like that shows complete ignorance of the craft of artistic imagery.

Jul 23 16 12:11 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Tropic Light wrote:
A comment like that shows complete ignorance of the craft of artistic imagery.

or pretty much anything that would encompass measurable cognitive skill.

Jul 23 16 12:16 am Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

Consider each one of those lists as a compliment.

I find the picture to be quite nice

Jul 23 16 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Edit:-

Deleted following revelation that person was a troll and has been removed from the site.

Jul 23 16 03:35 am Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

hahahahah thats great!

Im sure it was meant as sarcasm.

btw I LOVE THAT PIC.

Jul 23 16 04:33 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Sounds like a large dose of jealousy  .  .  .  what's the quote (updated), "those that can, do  .  .  .  those that can't, leave snide comments!"  .  .  .  to more than a few of us on here, you're a young chick, obviously vibrant and sassy to boot, and, you're welcome in front of my lens anytime  .  .  .  now, how soon can you get here  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 23 16 04:35 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Somebody jealous.

Jul 23 16 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Koryn wrote:
Somebody jealous.

I agree!!

Jul 23 16 05:34 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jeremiah Cash Caress wrote:
Hmmm. I've sent a little reminder about our site rules, unsolicited critiques and respect.

Thank you, that needed to be done.

Jul 23 16 06:10 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

You are an inspiration to me. Keep doing what you do.

Jul 23 16 08:46 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

MoRina wrote:
This has to be the most thoughtful image comment I've ever received in over 8 years on this website.

/sarcasm

Some one was an idiot to you, plain and simple. You didn't deserve that, they were rude, a jerk and mean.

You are not too old.

Jen

Jul 23 16 08:51 am Link

Model

Michelle Genevieve

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

What?! Someone on MM said that to you?! [rolling up my sleeves with my fists] Well, then, it is ON!

I'm curious as to whether that came from a model or a photographer. Models have always been very supportive of me, without exception. Photographers are also supportive, but if they do throw shade it's always in the context of a disagreement with a forum comment I've made. I can roll with that.

I have never had a negative comment about my work on this site, and I'm older than you and your work is much better than mine.

That takes serious balls, and more 'nads than brains or decency. On the bright side, getting heat means you made someone uncomfortable. In my experience, those are the first ones to fall of the truck and go home when they find out that this is not as easy as they wanted it to be.

You slay! Keep it going.

Jul 23 16 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

I'm sorry. So uncalled for and just plain wrong.

I also feel sorry for the miserable mentality that one must have to make a comment like that. Not reflective of a happy life.

Jul 23 16 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Fleming Design

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

MoRina,
Would a marriage proposal help alleviate the sting, cause I'm ready!

Jul 23 16 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Fleming Design wrote:
MoRina,
Would a marriage proposal help alleviate the sting, cause I'm ready!

I wonder how her husband Jay would feel about this....  lol

Jul 23 16 09:57 am Link

Model

Account subscribed

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

Sorry to hear that. I rather think it is someone at our age or older. Perhaps from a country where age still is a huge factor. Or someone who got dissapointed searching for young nude blood. The younger generation often seems very tolerant, nice and sort of "wow cool, can't imagine my mum doing that". There will always be people that are bitter on things. You can find it everywhere. Among photographers, among models, politicians, teachers, examinors, restaurants etc. Everywhere where what you do is not a norm among people at the same age. Do not give up! This attitude is more common than you think but sometimes it is good that it comes up to discussion.

Jul 23 16 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Gryph wrote:

+1

Jul 23 16 10:18 am Link

Model

Cwen

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I wholeheartedly disagree with that comment.

Jul 23 16 10:19 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

'People who live in glass houses should not cast stones'.

That is all.

Jul 23 16 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Dark Magus

El Cajon, California, US

Your stuff is tight and your face is pretty, if I were you I would just ignore "ignat" people who may be jealous that you have nice stuff in an older version. Or in other words, model on granny.

Jul 23 16 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

sounds like somebody's jelly

rock on Mo borat

Jul 23 16 11:14 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
Really??  I hope you leave the comment up and don't delete it, as such a statement can only reflect badly upon the person who left it.  No doubt it's some 20 something who doesn't appreciate the reality of life.

As of now, the comment is still up.  Commentator's age is not listed.

Michelle Genevieve wrote:
What?! Someone on MM said that to you?! [rolling up my sleeves with my fists] Well, then, it is ON!

I'm curious as to whether that came from a model or a photographer.

Neither.  It was a designer.

Jul 23 16 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Update: After some digging it turns out it was a fake profile created by someone (a known troll) that has been removed from MM before.
They are gone again. smile

Jul 23 16 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:
Update: After some digging it turns out it was a fake profile created by someone (a known troll) that has been removed from MM before.
They are gone again. smile

lol  way to take out the trash! borat

"Dumpster, this is 'jamiemarie08'... 'jamiemarie08', this is dumpster. Hope you two will be very happy together" big_smile

Jul 23 16 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

MerrillMedia

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

One day, he will be an old fat bastard like me, who takes all night to do what he used to do all night. He will then be begging for a woman who looks as good as you do, to give him the freakin' time of day.

Sometimes life is pure poetry.

Jul 23 16 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Fleming Design

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

Gryph wrote:

Come on.  I was just kidding!

Jul 23 16 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Normad2

San Francisco, California, US

GK photo wrote:
i'm pretty sure 99.89 percent of the entire planet would disagree with that sentiment, regardless of the photo that particular person was responding to.

+1

Jul 23 16 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

rmcapturing

San Francisco, California, US

Troll or not; I'm not in the committee on who decides who is and isn't old but you look very attractive in your shots, OP.

Jul 23 16 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

mbp0820

Tucson, Arizona, US

MoRina wrote:

Jul 24 16 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

mbp0820

Tucson, Arizona, US

EdMo wrote:

Jul 24 16 03:38 pm Link