Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Erotic selfie causes police-involved crash

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

BRYAN, Texas -- A Texas A&M student crashed into a patrol car moments after she took a topless Snapchat selfie for her boyfriend Wednesday night, Bryan police said.

An officer had parked his patrol car in an outside lane about 8:30 p.m. as he checked on a disturbance in the 2500 block of East Villa Maria Road in Bryan, according to the police report obtained by The Eagle.

Soon after, an SUV barreled into the back of the patrol car.

The officer wrote in the report that as he approached the SUV, he saw Miranda Kay Rader trying to put her shirt back on over her unfastened bra.

"I asked her why she was not dressed while driving and she stated that she was taking a Snapchat photo to send to her boyfriend while she was at a red light," the officer wrote in the report, according to KBTX-TV.

Rader, 19, said she was driving back to her on-campus dorm after drinking wine with friends, according to the report.

The Texas A&M freshman had an open wine bottle in the SUV and failed parts of a sobriety test before having her blood drawn, The Eagle reports.

Rader was ticketed for being a minor in possession of alcohol and charged with driving while intoxicated with an open container, both outlets report.

I note: Police did not release the ill-timed selfie. And (hold the snide remarks) the booking photo shows she is a blonde. I do not know if she is an MM member.

Oct 28 16 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Yikes.

Oct 28 16 01:44 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

calistastyles

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Eagle Rock Photographer wrote:
BRYAN, Texas -- A Texas A&M student crashed into a patrol car moments after she took a topless Snapchat selfie for her boyfriend Wednesday night, Bryan police said.

An officer had parked his patrol car in an outside lane about 8:30 p.m. as he checked on a disturbance in the 2500 block of East Villa Maria Road in Bryan, according to the police report obtained by The Eagle.

Soon after, an SUV barreled into the back of the patrol car.

The officer wrote in the report that as he approached the SUV, he saw Miranda Kay Rader trying to put her shirt back on over her unfastened bra.

"I asked her why she was not dressed while driving and she stated that she was taking a Snapchat photo to send to her boyfriend while she was at a red light," the officer wrote in the report, according to KBTX-TV.

Rader, 19, said she was driving back to her on-campus dorm after drinking wine with friends, according to the report.

The Texas A&M freshman had an open wine bottle in the SUV and failed parts of a sobriety test before having her blood drawn, The Eagle reports.

Rader was ticketed for being a minor in possession of alcohol and charged with driving while intoxicated with an open container, both outlets report.

I note: Police did not release the ill-timed selfie. And (hold the snide remarks) the booking photo shows she is a blonde. I do not know if she is an MM member.

Who says Blondes don't have more fun?

Oct 28 16 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Is there a charge of "Driving while young and stupid"?

Oct 29 16 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

[I say this tongue in cheek :-) In other words, do NOT take this literally].

Is there any way we can shift blame to:
the camera?
the wine? [product liability],
the bra? [no instructions for current misuse],
the fact that the police was in the way? [proximate cause of the collision--were the lights on?],
the hair color? [environmental factor],
the legislators? [for failing to provide a law precluding the constellation of behaviors leading to the impact],
Texas A&M? [for not teaching common sense],
was the boyfriend culpable for requesting the foto?
etc. ad nauseam! :-

REAL questions:
At 19, is she really a minor?
Shouldn't the correct charge be underage drinking (not yet 21)?

If you come up with additional intel, do share:
video?
selfie?
MM#?
bail?
was the selfie transmitted?
was it received?
was it appreciated?
was it worth it?

Oct 29 16 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

FFantastique wrote:
[I say this tongue in cheek :-) In other words, do NOT take this literally].

Is there any way we can shift blame to:
the camera?
the wine? [product liability],
the bra? [no instructions for current misuse],
the fact that the police was in the way? [proximate cause of the collision--were the lights on?],
the hair color? [environmental factor],
the legislators? [for failing to provide a law precluding the constellation of behaviors leading to the impact],
Texas A&M? [for not teaching common sense],
was the boyfriend culpable for requesting the foto?
etc. ad nauseam! :-

REAL questions:
At 19, is she really a minor?
Shouldn't the correct charge be underage drinking (not yet 21)?

If you come up with additional intel, do share:
video?
selfie?
MM#?
bail?
was the selfie transmitted?
was it received?
was it appreciated?
was it worth it?

None of that matters!

In her mind, it's all her boyfriend's fault.  Always will be.

Oct 30 16 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Well, at least she didn't severely injure the cop and total his vehicle, unlike this moron. hmm

Oct 30 16 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

Just goes to show there can be a value in doing a TF shoot with a photographer instead of selfies.

Oct 30 16 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Standing by for selfie! ;-)

Nov 07 16 01:43 pm Link