Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Feedback on my height& weight pls!

Model

Mikats

Redwood City, California, US

Hi, I'm new here.
I have a questions regarding my stat.
I have done few shoots with local photographers, and am in the process of making a portfolio.

I'm very self conscious about my height and weight especially.
I feel like I'm too skinny to fall into any categories for modeling, also it doesn't help that my height is in awkward stage.

I have always wanted to be a model, but when I participated this fashion show when i was in high/ middle school- this one fashion runaway photographer had mentioned to me that I'm too skinny to the bones if I ever want to be a model. I think because of that I have been self conscious more about it ever since. Is that really true or I should not think about it so much?

I'm 5'9, and I currently weight 97lbs. Goes back and forwards continuously between 95-99lbs.

Thanks for your inputs!

Oct 30 16 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

thiswayup

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom

Mikats wrote:
Hi, I'm new here.
I have a questions regarding my stat.
I have done few shoots with local photographers, and am in the process of making a portfolio.

I'm very self conscious about my height and weight especially.
I feel like I'm too skinny to fall into any categories for modeling, also it doesn't help that my height is in awkward stage.

I have always wanted to be a model, but when I participated this fashion show when i was in high/ middle school- this one fashion runaway photographer had mentioned to me that I'm too skinny to the bones if I ever want to be a model.

I really doubt that a guy shooting your school's runway show was a world class fashion photographer. Choose some legitimate agencies and follow their application procedures. You probably won't be accepted - but that's because only a tiny % of people are. You're in the fraction of 1% that stand a chance.

There are a lot of scams so read this

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0 … ling-scams

Do NOT believe that shooting with photographers a lot here will help you get accepted by an agency. They just want to see simple unretouched shots. And do not, not, not do glamour or nude - fashion and commercial agencies will hate it if you have. (That said, the images you have are good - if you've found someone who is competent and can give you feedback, keep shooting fashion and commercial with him.)

The keys to applying are to apply as young as possible and to as many decent agencies as possible. Do be aware that if accepted you will have to available9-5 for castings and that most model careers are burnouts.

Other than that, it's terrifying that your self-esteem can be thrown off so easily by one comment. You shouldn't blame yourself for this, but you should ask yourself why it happened and how to make yourself less vulnerable. Really even asking about your height and weight here is a sign you need to become less vulnerable. Because the only opinions that matter are those of the agency that takes you, and

http://modelbitch.blogspot.co.uk/2011/0 … tupid.html

Oct 31 16 09:24 am Link

Photographer

BLACK LABEL

Los Angeles, California, US

you are gorgeous, perfect for shooting, modeling and being a girl.

Oct 31 16 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Tarragon

New York, New York, US

I will not comment on your height and weight because others on this site thought it was inappropriate. I will just send you to this site:
http://www.smartbmicalculator.com/resul … =1&gl=

You definitely need to shoot with better photographers and stay off roof edges! A lot of modeling is projecting personality unless you are doing runway, but even there, personality is noticed.

All the best and have fun

Nov 23 16 08:31 am Link

Model

CambriaPlusModel

Los Angeles, California, US

The modeling industry loves different! The crazy angles and poses you can do as a very skinny model can be really awesome. I wouldn't take to heart anything that any "professional" has to say who is shooting a middle school fashion show. Plus you didn't ask his opinion, so it doesn't matter. Do what you love and I promise u will find photographers who will fall in love with your look, I live in LA and know quite a few photogs who would love to work with someone who looks like you.

Nov 30 16 11:12 pm Link

Model

Christina Banick

Denver, Colorado, US

I'm also new, but since I also struggle with self-confidence, I thought, hey, why not say something.

Like someone else posted, I will not comment on your height and weight in medical terms other than to say to check your BMI and also check with your doctor to make you're healthy...don't want to pass out at a shoot!

As for height and weight...you're the industry's dream. 5'8" is typically the minimum, and thin never seems to go out of style. Just look at Molly Bair...people called her "alien" and "stick bug" all her life and now she's a supermodel.

I think you are very beautiful and you display a quiet elegance in your photos. Keep on keeping on. smile

Dec 01 16 08:41 pm Link