Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > I need you to push me!

Model

YourLadyJai

Detroit, Michigan, US

Hi all! Finally coming out of the shadows and asking for some help and feedback on my current images.  I'm looking to expand into new genres and want to give it my best, so any thoughts on poses, facial expression, and anything else you can think of will be greatly appreciated! 

Images are from my first and only shoot, so please please be honest in your critique since I'm sure I have more than enough things to work on.  I realize that my facial expressions seem very limited, especially in the images in my port, so please be very specific in your critique of those especially! If you'd like to see other images and more diverse expressions, just take a peek at my IG: betacallmejai

Thank you!

Nov 14 16 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

roger alan

Anderson, Indiana, US

In this image I think your hat is  a couple sizes too large...

18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/40683852

Nov 14 16 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

thiswayup

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom

Get rid of the lamp shade shot. It's going to dominate your portfolio and you don't want that from a joke shot. (I'd suggest.)

Nov 15 16 05:21 am Link

Model

YourLadyJai

Detroit, Michigan, US

Thank you for the suggestions!

Nov 15 16 05:46 am Link

Photographer

thiswayup

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom

Also: you're obviously committed to this so it's a good idea to hunt down information from experienced models. Jill Billingsley's youtube channel is excellent. This is a good quick start

http://petapixel.com/2013/05/24/dear-mo … otographs/

..But you may already know this stuff.

Nov 15 16 10:15 am Link

Model

YourLadyJai

Detroit, Michigan, US

Believe it or not that particular post was one I looked at before jumping into this! Hopefully I did her proud with my port.

Nov 15 16 02:58 pm Link

Model

SIR Benjamin Williams

Glenwood Springs, Colorado, US

hey there I just started modeling I did a couple shoots in savannah Georgia a couple weeks ago, look at my profile tell me what you think I'm wanting more gigs and the experience

Nov 18 16 11:20 pm Link

Model

CambriaPlusModel

Los Angeles, California, US

I love the concept but you definitely need to work with a better grade of photographer. And get rid of the hat pick. If you really want to work and be taken seriously as a professional you should have a professional headshot not a pic that covers your face and looks like an IG cell phone pic. You have a great body, I just want to be able to see your face!

Nov 30 16 11:16 pm Link