Forums > Photography Talk > Rental equipment in Charlotte, NC

Photographer

JulianRancePhotography

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Does anybody here know of any place in Charlotte, NC where I could rent equipment such as lights and lenses???  Any bit of advice will help!!!

Dec 06 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Photo Graffix

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

Welcome to NC....

You'd be lucky if you could find a camera store that actually has cameras to sell...... ( most have pictures and say "we can order one for you....." )

I was in charlotte 2 weeks ago.... most camera stores there have closed since I lived there.... I was at one place and the clerk suggested I buy a camera then sell it on Ebay instead of being able to rent one....  he said I'd save money... maybe that's why camera stores @ here are in the shiiitts.......

Dec 07 06 12:40 am Link

Photographer

JulianRancePhotography

GC photo wrote:
Welcome to NC....

You'd be lucky if you could find a camera store that actually has cameras to sell...... ( most have pictures and say "we can order one for you....." )

I was in charlotte 2 weeks ago.... most camera stores there have closed since I lived there.... I was at one place and the clerk suggested I buy a camera then sell it on Ebay instead of being able to rent one....  he said I'd save money... maybe that's why camera stores @ here are in the shiiitts.......

I'm not interested in renting a camera...I wanted to look into possibly renting lenses for a few projects.

Dec 10 06 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Urban Curves

Gastonia, North Carolina, US

Mr Jay wrote:
I'm not interested in renting a camera...I wanted to look into possibly renting lenses for a few projects.

Have to tryed Wolf store. I know in NYC they have a rental department, so try them.

Dec 10 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Photo Graffix

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

Some stores will rent their lenses.... but that's if you can find a store... and they usually only rent used lenses...

ebay destroyed all the camera stores in NC....

Dec 12 06 02:23 am Link

Photographer

Mark Fortenberry

GC photo wrote:
Welcome to NC....

You might try Charlotte Camera www.charlottecamera.com or
Biggs Camera http://biggscamera.com/for lens rental.
for lighting and other needs go to Outtake http://outtakerental.com/.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Dec 12 06 09:30 am Link