Forums > General Industry > Subscription Upgrades...VIP Got Screwed?

Photographer

HeldInTheMoment

Burlington, Vermont, US

So I don't really see many changes in the subscriptions levels, certainly nothing new for current VIP. Now I Premium gets a FREE UPGRADE and the 50% sale last year for Black Friday did not apply to current members?

Why should I get VIP again as I see the least value in this level lately...

Anyone else, or am I missing something?

Mar 10 17 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Jene Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

VIP membership who cares, if I can't make a statement with 15 pictures I don't think I am much of a photographer. I don't really see anything good in the new restrictions in contacting people outside your friends circle. I don't take friends request from anybody but I do reply why to them, as a model from Canada, telling her why I didn't accept her invite.

I am not here to make friends but to find other creatives to create art. I say in my bio that I am interested finding people to work with and not a long list of friends.

j

Mar 10 17 10:56 am Link

Photographer

HeldInTheMoment

Burlington, Vermont, US

Jene Youtt wrote:
VIP membership who cares, if I can't make a statement with 15 pictures I don't think I am much of a photographer. I don't really see anything good in the new restrictions in contacting people outside your friends circle. I don't take friends request from anybody but I do reply why to them, as a model from Canada, telling her why I didn't accept her invite.

I am not here to make friends but to find other creatives to create art. I say in my bio that I am interested finding people to work with and not a long list of friends.

j

Firstly this isn't really the point of the post, it is more so asking about the Value of VIP as I see Premium and other good deals being offered to everyone EXCEPT current VIP's.

Also, you are VIP as well...so I don't see the point to this post except to troll and/or start debates on something that is not the point of this post.

Thank you

Mar 10 17 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Just because someone else got a bonus, that doesn't mean that I got screwed.

Mar 10 17 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

HeldInTheMoment wrote:
So I don't really see many changes in the subscriptions levels, certainly nothing new for current VIP. Now I Premium gets a FREE UPGRADE and the 50% sale last year for Black Friday did not apply to current members?

Why should I get VIP again as I see the least value in this level lately...

Anyone else, or am I missing something?

HeldInTheMoment wrote:
Firstly this isn't really the point of the post, it is more so asking about the Value of VIP as I see Premium and other good deals being offered to everyone EXCEPT current VIP's.

Also, you are VIP as well...so I don't see the point to this post except to troll and/or start debates on something that is not the point of this post.

Thank you

boo-hoo, they got something more and i didn't. yes, you are missing something. the mm admins are attempting to get more vip members buy tempting new and premium levels to upgrade. aaa offers new insurance sign-ups a free sport blanket or portable cooler and i've been with them for many years and don't get anything each year. so what? aaa is trying to get more insurance policies sold.

you can always give up the vip level and go premium.

Mar 10 17 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Barry Kidd Photography

Red Lion, Pennsylvania, US

This is a non issue. 

The only people that got screwed are the Basic Members which are the very core of the site.

Just as many Legacy Members are saying that they got screwed because they didn't get more image slots when everyone else did.  That's just silly.  They didn't complain on the two other occasions that they did get an upgrade in how many portfolio images they can have when no one else did. Unless of course they payed for it. 

In the end Legacy Members were pretty much left alone and always have been. How the hell is that getting screwed? Even so, just like you, many of them are bitching about it.

What would I do with 100+ image slots anyway?  As it is I might only shoot one photo every year or two that I'm really proud of.  (And those certainly aren't photos of models.)  I couldn't fill a hundred slots without looking like some kind of hack so I don't need them.

So, the way I see it Basic Members got the royal shaft and with them the entire community will be sent straight to the crapper.

No, you weren't screwed.  You just feel entitled because of what someone else got.

Mar 10 17 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Certainly not a General Industry issue, bitching and moaning belongs in the Site Related fora.

Mar 11 17 04:08 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jene Youtt wrote:
I don't really see anything good in the new restrictions in contacting people outside your friends circle.

Seriously? When did this change? So if I run a casting call and people respond to it I'll never get the messages? WTF?

Mar 11 17 07:53 am Link

Admin

Model Mayhem Edu

Los Angeles, California, US

Shot By Adam wrote:
Seriously? When did this change? So if I run a casting call and people respond to it I'll never get the messages? WTF?

No, that's incorrect for a number of reasons.

Every member has casting messages (replies directly to posted castings). Basic members get 10 per day, which is double the old PM limit, and your replies to those messages don't count toward your message limit.

In addition, you're a Legacy member and therefore can message non-friends.

As previously noted, all the features are listed here: https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/965861

Mar 11 17 08:33 am Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

If I'm reading the changes correctly, the big change I see is that basic members will no longer be able to email other members to inquire about working with them, making MM even more useless as a sight to arrange shoots.   It seems like one more step into turning MM into a photography-model chat room only. 

The last three shoots I've done were all models with basic memberships messaging me.  I guess that won't be happening anymore.

I think MM is making the same sort of mistake that caused many to leave OMP a decade ago.

Mar 11 17 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Don't worry I feel VIP members, those that pay the most receive nothing. That seems like a slap in the face .  That might be all the evidence a MM member needs to show how they really feel about VIPs.

I have been one for 7 years, not sure there is any value to it now.

Mar 12 17 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Jene Youtt wrote:

j

I totally disagree with this maybe for a fashion shooter. But if you are being published and are a fine art photographer the more images the better.  It brings those folks to your site and I have received a number of offers from that approach.

Mar 12 17 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher N.

Troy, Michigan, US

Abbitt Photography wrote:
I think MM is making the same sort of mistake that caused many to leave OMP a decade ago.

+1

Mar 12 17 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

Jene Youtt wrote:

j

Then why do you  have 75 photos? Trying to make 5 statements?
smile

Mar 12 17 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

HeldInTheMoment

Burlington, Vermont, US

Vito wrote:

smile

+1

Mar 13 17 10:05 am Link

Photographer

HeldInTheMoment

Burlington, Vermont, US

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:
Don't worry I feel VIP members, those that pay the most receive nothing. That seems like a slap in the face .  That might be all the evidence a MM member needs to show how they really feel about VIPs.

I have been one for 7 years, not sure there is any value to it now.

+1

Mar 13 17 10:05 am Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Jene Youtt wrote:

j

Vito wrote:
smile

Hahaha, a good one.  :p

Mar 13 17 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

First Right Productions

San Jose, California, US

In the Basic Messages are we not able to send 5 messages to other members anymore. There is a lot of broke people who can't afford a premium membership to just message to potential new talents. I had a basic membership and I had at least 5 messages that I could send a day, now I can't. What is going on with the new updates. Yesterday it seemed like we could send 10 messages per day and TODAY none.

Mar 15 17 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

First Right Productions wrote:
In the Basic Messages are we not able to send 5 messages to other members anymore. There is a lot of broke people who can't afford a premium membership to just message to potential new talents. I had a basic membership and I had at least 5 messages that I could send a day, now I can't. What is going on with the new updates. Yesterday it seemed like we could send 10 messages per day and TODAY none.

No one said you can't.  They just need to be your friends first.

Mar 15 17 08:11 pm Link

Model

fitfor46

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

Im a vip not sure how?

Oct 19 17 12:37 pm Link

Admin

Model Mayhem Edu

Los Angeles, California, US

fitfor45 wrote:
Im a vip not sure how?

New members receive a one month free trial of VIP membership.

Oct 19 17 01:08 pm Link