Forums > Critique > New Swimsuit Image up ! Check it out

Photographer

FramedbyFrank

New York, New York, US

New Swimsuit image up, Gimme some feedback and Comment so i can check out your page !

Mar 12 17 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170301/11/58b727685f0f4_m.jpg
Will assume this might be the image you are talking about?

I would really like to see all of her feet.
For me a tighter crop top and bottom, halfway between models left knee and upper photo border [The why, by removing some of the bright sky, that area becomes less distracting, you could add some blue sky to that area using Photoshop.]
You also have a high contrast area between the models left elbow and photo border, [shadow and bright sun] if you bring the lower crop to just below her elbow, your eye will go directly to the model instead of the high contrast area. Again you could Photoshop in some more shadow area too.

I wish you well

Mar 12 17 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoRealism

Dallas, Texas, US

I like the concept, and the lighting and pose are great. The oil on the model's skin (I assume it's oil) is a nice touch. I would have liked to see the shot a trifle wider to not cut off her feet and hair, but other than that, there's nothing that needs improvement unless for your personal tastes. The high-contrast shadow on the ground from the model does not bother me, since it is natural for there to be such with the high contrast lighting you see on the model's figure. If it bothers you, you could soften the contrast slightly with Photoshop, but I am personally a fan of getting it right straight out of the camera. You could have framed it slightly closer to the model on the bottom, and in that way eliminated some of the prominence of the shadow's edge. Another possibility (but one that would have changed the lighting on the model) would have been to fire a small flash onto the ground of the model's dark side, filling the shadow. All in all, though, I like the photo a lot. Great work.

Mar 13 17 07:19 am Link