Forums > Model Colloquy > Photoshoot wish/bucket lists

Photographer

Python Photos

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

I always like when a model's profile describes a few of the shoots that she'd (or he'd) like to do at some point. When a model talks about shoots that she'd like to do, I can sit there thinking, "Okay, how could I make that happen?" I know I'm not a great photographer and not going to be a great photographer. I'm not willing to spend a huge amount of money hiring models to come to my little corner of rural, western America. With those limitations, I'm very happy to try to adjust my own skill set to give a model the style of shoot that she'd really like to have.

As I've thought about the "wish lists" that some models give in their profiles, I've wondered about the goals of other models who don't give that kind of wish list. With that in mind, I'd like to hear what models see as some of their "wish list" or "bucket list" photo shoots. I'd like to hear a bit of both. With that here are a few generalized questions to get people started talking about what they'd enjoy doing.

If you could do any shoot in your home town (or within reasonable driving distance), what would the shoot be? What would you wear? What would the setting be? What props would you need? Assume a very small budget for props, clothing, etc..

The second question set would be the same as the first but with a moderate budget for props, clothing, etc..

If you could go anywhere in the world for a shoot but only be reimbursed for expenses, what shoot would you like to do?

What are some shoots on your modeling "bucket list?" Obviously, you would be paid well if you were the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, but I'm looking more for the shoots that would give you personal satisfaction rather than financial gain. If getting the cover of the swimsuit edition would do that, then you can add that one. I'm just asking for something beyond the financial aspects.

Mar 25 17 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Going out on a limb, I'm guessing the answer would go like this. We've been told from day one that it is your vision we are trying to make into an image, not ours.  So long as you are respectful and keep your word, we really don't care. The shorter answer would likely be: A gig that pays.

My thanks to  the models I have worked with that know more about it than I do and shared the knowledge. :-) 
My 2 cents. 
G Reese

May 02 17 05:54 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I probably have one of the longest "wish lists" of any model on this site, but it has taken many years to create that list and some things have been taken off as they were completed, and other things that I saw somewhere and found interesting enough to want to do have been added.

My current "wish list" is found on my MM profile page and consists of nearly 25 concepts for photo or art modelling that I would be interested in trying.  I don't think it is necessarily a bucket list, as I am not approaching it as things that I have to do, but rather it is things I would like to do if and when the opportunity presents itself. Indeed, I would also be selective about who I would do some of these poses with as some of them would really be pushing my comfort zone to or beyond its limits.

One of my top wish list concepts would be to model naked in a real art museum, such as the Detroit Institute of Arts, in front of a crowd of spectators viewing me standing on a bench or pedestal as one of the works of art they had come to see, and with famous paintings or sculptures in the background all around me. Pushing the limits of that concept to having the spectators also either naked, or wearing only their underpants would be simply awesome. While I seriously doubt that anyone has the right connections to make this happen, it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

I am also fascinated by the "human vase" concept and fully intend to do that one someday.

I would love to be able to win the Model Mayhem 18+ contest just once, with a tastefully posed shot, just to prove to the younger girls that someone my age can still do that, and to be able to say that I did.

May 02 17 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

I do enjoy seeing a model's list of concepts she would like to do. Many model profiles contain a list of images they like the concept...
https://www.modelmayhem.com/list/537616
I find these lists most helpful. While I do not wish to duplicate the image, I find they do inspire both me, as the photographer, and the model wishing to get something similar. I prefer to collaborate with the model to make the art. I enjoy seeing their twists to the concepts we are doing. Models are not lifeless mannequins, but humans with artistic souls.

May 05 17 10:03 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I have an enormous wish list, almost all of which would require styling, thoughtful wardrobe and time invested in setting up and planning individual shots. Most of what I consider "dream shoot" material would be editorial-ish, with some "fashion nudity". After many years, I have learned that the people who typically seek to work with me are interested in a narrow range of work(at least with me), which rarely (as in, almost never) corresponds with the style or genres I have wanted most to shoot. Instead of continuing to seek out opportunities to do "wish list" work, I am currently learning how to shoot and plan to transition over to photography. I do not think I can translate my interests any other way than to simply figure out how to do absolutely everything myself, then possibly pay someone for the needed post-work.

May 05 17 11:10 am Link

Model

vi0letdreamer

DeKalb, Illinois, US

I would really like to someday pose for photos in a nature setting that are similar to they style of Marta Bevacqua. Her work feels very ethereal and I adore the aesthetic.

Jun 08 17 11:00 pm Link

Model

Samantha Aotaki

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm always looking for shoots where i can be a little evil and bloody since most people like to shoot me all cute and sweet haha maybe it's my own personal preference. As far as shooting in my home town, i feel like i almost shot everywhere. I would want to shoot at the ice cream museum at some point though!

And I would love to do a nude project around the world, of me standing nude all around the world in the busiest places or in tourist spots!

Jun 12 17 07:46 pm Link