Forums > Critique > totally updated portfolio!!! :O

Model

rachel nicole

Miami, Florida, US

What do y'all think of my brand new portfolio? smile How can I improve my next shoot?

Jun 19 17 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

You are in Florida. Go outside to shoot.

Jun 19 17 08:24 pm Link

Model

rachel nicole

Miami, Florida, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Have you ever been outside in South Florida during the summer? tongue

Jun 19 17 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

rachel nicole wrote:

No, I am from the Central Valley of California.

Have you ever been outside when it is 116 degrees?

Yes, it's a "dry heat". That does not make it cool or nice!!!

In fact, your sweat will evaporate almost instantly. If you are not drinking water continously you will suffer for it.

So, suck it up buttercup? smile

Jun 19 17 10:14 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

rachel nicole wrote:

Yes.  Lived there 5 years.  It isn't any hotter there than it is here, just more hot days and for a longer period of the year.  You stay inside for 6 months?  Granted, that I have never wore make up.  And if you spend time outside then people will complain that you have tan lines.

You are certainly an attractive woman.  I think you should get rid of all the shots with that annoying, huge and overly prominent water mark.  The box he put around each photo screws with the composition.  In some cases, it goes "behind" your head and in some cases goes through your head.   How big does someone's ego have to be to ruin a perfectly good photo with a gaudy watermark?  Not really happy with the headshot of you in the purple top.

Jun 20 17 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

rachel nicole wrote:
What do y'all think of my brand new portfolio? smile How can I improve my next shoot?

You're a very pretty model, but your portfolio suffers from all the images ruined by the obnoxious border and stamp. If you can't get that photographer to give you new copies cleaned up with none of that border nonsense and a less obtrusive stamp, strive to replace those images at the earliest opportunity.

Jun 20 17 12:34 am Link

Model

rachel nicole

Miami, Florida, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

No, I am from the Central Valley of California.

Have you ever been outside when it is 116 degrees?

Yes, it's a "dry heat". That does not make it cool or nice!!!

In fact, your sweat will evaporate almost instantly. If you are not drinking water continously you will suffer for it.

So, suck it up buttercup? smile

nah

Jun 20 17 05:37 am Link

Photographer

Nick Lindridge

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom

I'm suffering in the current UK heatwave so totally sympathise with what it must be like for you. None the less, the advice to get outside is good. It doesn't have to be in the blazing heat right outside, and could be inside a cooler cafe shot from inside or through the window, standing inside a doorway, in a bookstore, etc. Watermarks have been shown to be an effective anti-viral strategy, in that some (limited) research showed that no photos that ever went viral had a watermark, and while most photos won't go viral anyway, you probably don't want to put off sharing, which is largely what they do.

You have a great look but in some the photog didn't pose you well or crop/take the images nicely, so if you can get more with some other photogs you should quickly get some good ones to pick from. Good luck Rachel!

Jun 20 17 06:38 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

rachel nicole wrote:
nah

lol

Jun 20 17 07:02 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

rachel nicole wrote:

You have sunglasses.
Get some sunscreen and you should be good to go.

Jun 20 17 07:19 am Link